• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Door handles and mirrors

Shannon

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150
I‘m really leaning towards either the XLT or XLT Premium when I go to purchase. The one thing I do not like is the fact that the door handles and mirrors are not painted body color. My wife and I recently purchased a 2021 Ford Explorer XLT w/sport pkg and that vehicle at least has body colored door handles but unpainted mirrors. I hope it‘s a stand alone option on the Lightning but I doubt that. The upgraded 20” wheels on the premium is pretty nice.
Anyone heard anything from Ford on this?
Sponsored

kdkool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning / 2023 6.7L Lariat F-350
Just take a look at the combustion engine F150s. I'd expect similar packaging. XL's, STX, and XLT 300a all get the black door handles and mirror caps. Moving up to the XLT 301a or 302a gets you chrome or color matched (sport package) handles although color matched or chromed mirror caps aren't available until you step up to the lariats and above.

Easy fix is have them primed and painted if it's that important to you. Or replace with chrome ones if chrome works for you.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I have a feeling, due to the huge price jumps between trim levels, people are going to buy a less expensive option and aftermarket these trucks the way they want them (aftermarket leather seats, door handles, floor coverings, wheels...etc).

OP
OP

Shannon

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150
I have a feeling, due to the huge price jumps between trim levels, people are going to buy a less expensive option and aftermarket these trucks the way they want them (aftermarket leather seats, door handles, floor coverings, wheels...etc).
I agree, I just cannot stomach $60K+ for ANY pickup.

Reactions: jas

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer
Lots of folks have painted the calipers and wheel lip moldings on Mustang Mach Es to make them look like First Editions.
Sponsored