First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I received my '21 in July of '21 and have had no problems with it other than the poor gas mileage. A few days ago I opened all the windows with the truck in the garage. Plan was to go out to the garage the next day and turn up the gas furnace. Wait an hour or so, go out there and do some inside cleaning. First thing I noticed was no lights coming on when I opened the drivers door. In fact the truck was dead. I checked the battery and it showed only 4-1/2 volts. NO, I DID NOT LEAVE ANYTHING ON OVER NIGHT. So what could have sucked almost all the charge out of the battery overnight? It took and hour and fifteen minutes on a charger at 10 amps before I could start the truck. Very odd.
Sponsored

rado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
ut there and do some inside cleaning. First thing I noticed was no lights coming on when I opened the driver
Sounds like an issue with the battery, or a parasitic draw coming from somewhere (or both). In my experience, the truck will turn off lights if you leave it for some period of time. Also, having the battery drained that much will probably damage it. Might need to look into a new battery in the near future.

OP
OP
Doggy-Dog

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I was wishing I did not have one of those bad Ford batteries, but time will tell.

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A Rapid Red SCrew PB FX4 MaxTow
I was wishing I did not have one of those bad Ford batteries, but time will tell.
4-1/2 volts sounds like shorted cells internally.

OP
OP
Doggy-Dog

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
And here we are 20 some days later and the truck has not had any battery problems. Dealer had the same thought I did. :unsure:
Sponsored