First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Strange, I was going to say it sounds more like a source issue with that lag sound, phone mainly, but sounds like you ruled that out already trying a different one, along with a different cable. I had a issue using a cheap cable with my ipad, better cable solved that right away.

Like Jesse asked, have you tried bluetooth? Cranked SiriusXM and see if it does the same? Shoot, put some files on a USB and stick it in and see if it does the the same still?

Spiffers

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat
Haven't seen that issue, reboot sync. If android auto full screen isn't available, the software could be a little behind. on the steering wheel hold both volume down and track forward (buttons at bot left and bot right of wheel) until it reboots.

You have a bit to learn about the new system that's in the truck. There's a learning curve to everything, following this forum and asking questions will get you far.
Yup! I saw a thread on here talking about moving the crosshairs to behind the center console. I have zero clue what they were talking about and during my weekend of "push every button to see what it does" I found the screen they were talking about. Really made the 8 speaker B&O sound better.

Spiffers

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat
Maybe the truck doesn't like Journey. Try blasting "It's raining men" and see if the problem persists.
Freebird, the 8 min live version, is the best test.

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Maybe the truck doesn't like Journey. Try blasting "It's raining men" and see if the problem persists.
I don't think that song will play in any Ford automobiles???
However it's on the default playlist of every Dodge truck sold....

Sponsored

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
You mean don't buy it in a Super Duty?

I'm not on the SuperDuty forum, but are others experiencing the same issue?

We F150'rs have our own 18 speaker issues, but not exactly what you recorded. And certainly not on all of the trucks. Our most notorious issue was an awful ear jarring explosion of pops. But the frequency of reports has died down considerably, as well as Ford has released software updates that are intended to address that specific issue.
I used to get the bzzzzt rrrrrrrpppp pop, often going into reverse or shutting the truck off. It's probably been 6 months since I heard it and it used to be every 3-4 days. I assume an OTA update fixed it.

Of course I just jinxed it. 😂

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
I used to get the bzzzzt rrrrrrrpppp pop, often going into reverse or shutting the truck off. It's probably been 6 months since I heard it and it used to be every 3-4 days. I assume an OTA update fixed it.

Of course I just jinxed it. 😂
Popping shifting into reverse was fixed for me in 4.3.6, I had already applied the DSP update but that didn't fix it.

OP
OP

pgardajr

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Super Duty
Occupation
Barista
I honestly have zero faith my issue will be fixed without them replacing the head unit / ripping out the dash. I use a wire, different wire usb ports everything.

Los150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 3.5L EB Platinum w/BAP
Occupation
Info Tech
You might just have a bad unit, plain and simple.

I actually sought out the B&O Unleashed (18 spkr) version because when I read through all the specs, I realized that version includes HD radio where the less expensive model does not. There's TONS of HD radio stations in my area and I listen to them, so this was one reason I got it. It also sounds great IMHO.

The only issue I've had is that sometimes my preset will drop the HD radio part but I'm not 100% sure when t does that. I think it last happened when I remote started the truck but I need to test that to be certain. Good luck with that. Have the dealer swap it out.

Last edited:

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
You might just have a bad unit, plain and simple.

I actually sought out the B&O Unleashed (18 spkr) version because when I read through all the specs, I realized that version includes HD radio where the less expensive model does not. There's TONS of HD radio stations in my area and I listen to them, so this was reason go get it. It also sounds great IMHO.

The only issue I've had is that sometimes my preset will drop the HD radio part but I'm not 100% sure when t does that. I think it last happened when I remote started the truck but I need to test that to be certain. Good luck with that. Have the dealer swap it out.
I'm a fan of HD radio. I can hear those commercials in clear higher quality audio.

Many are upset with the quality of the audio and want a heavy window rattling bass. I think it's fine for a factory system and don't see reason to mess with it until speakers go bad.

Sponsored

Los150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Info Tech
I'm a fan of HD radio. I can hear those commercials in clear higher quality audio.
Down here we actually have quite a few HD stations that almost never play commercials.

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
I actually sought out the B&O Unleashed (18 spkr) version because when I read through all the specs, I realized that version includes HD radio where the less expensive model does not.
If you mean the non-Unleashed B&O, I have that system in my XLT, and yes, it does have HD FM radio.
I am perfectly happy with the sound quality and output of my system but do wish the rear speakers would push equal volume as the fronts so it can be faded better.

Los150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Info Tech
If you mean the non-Unleashed B&O, I have that system in my XLT, and yes, it does have HD FM radio.
I am perfectly happy with the sound quality and output of my system but do wish the rear speakers would push equal volume as the fronts so it can be faded better.
Good to know because when I read through the specs, they only mention HD radio in the "Unleased" version. It was not mentioned in the regular one.
Sponsored