Sponsored

Does V8 have Auto Start/Stop & Cylinder Deactivation?

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) 5.0L RockyRidge K2
They have them in stock don’t mind what the website says. I got one and have cylinder deactivation disabled and love it! Plus the transmission shifting is so much better. It spendy but worth it IMO.
Sponsored

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Passed the 1000 mile mark today.

Did the first 1000 in tow/haul and never heard the deactivation kick in. Part of me wants to try normal and see if I notice, the other part has been enjoying mileage in tow/haul and shift points 🤷‍♂️

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Ironically... I tried to get the A.S.S. "delete" option but Ford said it was too late in the build.

Then... my A.S.S. stopped working!

My biggest fear with A.S.S. was "starter wear" but since I read that they completely redesigned the starter to handle all the extra cycling... and I ended up getting the "Premium Care Warranty" anyway, I've grown accustomed to my engine shutting off at stop lights so when it stopped doing that, I scheduled a Service Appointment.

...then it started working again.

As far as "Cylinder Deactivation" goes... I've never noticed it but on long highway drives I've actually pulled 28+ MPG on my 5.0 so I KNOW it's working.

There's no way in hell a 5.0 V8 in a full size F150 4x4 is getting 28+ MPG without it.

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT sport CCSB 5.0
Occupation
Auto Body Tech
Ironically... I tried to get the A.S.S. "delete" option but Ford said it was too late in the build.

Then... my A.S.S. stopped working!

My biggest fear with A.S.S. was "starter wear" but since I read that they completely redesigned the starter to handle all the extra cycling... and I ended up getting the "Premium Care Warranty" anyway, I've grown accustomed to my engine shutting off at stop lights so when it stopped doing that, I scheduled a Service Appointment.

...then it started working again.

As far as "Cylinder Deactivation" goes... I've never noticed it but on long highway drives I've actually pulled 28+ MPG on my 5.0 so I KNOW it's working.

There's no way in hell a 5.0 V8 in a full size F150 4x4 is getting 28+ MPG without it.
I seen 28 mpg a few times in my 14 f150 with the 5.0. But that’s strictly highway with no stopping whatsoever lol

Sponsored

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT sport CCSB 5.0
Occupation
Auto Body Tech
I stand corrected.

Congratulations!
It was a good truck! Forgot to mention that was cruise set exactly at 55. Can’t wait for my 2022. Hoping I can see that again!

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
It was a good truck! Forgot to mention that was cruise set exactly at 55. Can’t wait for my 2022. Hoping I can see that again!
You're in for a real treat!

The wait is excruciating but it's worth it.

I waited 9 months for mine...

If I do 55 on the freeways around here my truck will become someone's hood ornament!
Sponsored