Sponsored

Does the XLT sport package still have the floor shifter?

awilli1010

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 f150 xlt sport, 2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited
Occupation
Retired military and retired postal et.
Does the xlt sport package still have the floor shifter? It looks like it’s moved to the column on the Ford website.
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Does the xlt sport package still have the floor shifter? It looks like it’s moved to the column on the Ford website.
It depends on which package you option the truck with (300, 301A Mid, 302A High).

The Sport package does offer the floor/console shifter, but XLTs can be had with the column mounted shifter and a bench seat, a column mounted shifter with console (console will have storage instead of shifter), and console with console mounted shifter depending on what packages are combined together.

Ford F-150 Does the XLT sport package still have the floor shifter? 7F977E85-32BB-4EE3-8A51-4924D1BDD617

Ford F-150 Does the XLT sport package still have the floor shifter? 2AA5EE9B-5988-4EAA-BFB3-82C222749094

Last edited:

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
It depends on which package you option the truck with (300, 301A Mid, 302A High).

The Sport package does offer the floor/console shifter, but XLTs can be had with the column mounted shifter and a bench seat, a column mounted shifter with console (console will have storage instead of shifter), and console with console mounted shifter depending on what packages are combined together.

7F977E85-32BB-4EE3-8A51-4924D1BDD617.jpeg

2AA5EE9B-5988-4EAA-BFB3-82C222749094.jpeg
So which one has the floor shifter?

Sponsored

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
As was discussed above, it depends on how you option the truck.

So it is my understanding that you have to have the Sports package in order to have a floor shift. Does Sports package gives you floor shift automatically?
Floor shift is a "must" for me :).

Thanks!

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The ONLY way to get the console shifter on an XLT is to opt for the sport appearance package. This requires 301a or above.
OK, but again - will the Sport Appearance Package automatically include floor shifter, or does it require additional tweaks and changes to the package?

Also, can you have the Sports Appearanc with other packages, for example the FX4?

Pardon all the questions, first timer here (first truck, non-stop drooling :p).
Basically, these are my "must haves":

3.5L V6 EcoBoost 998​
SuperCrew 4X4 W1E​
Floor Shifter​
Cruise Control​
Adaptive Cruise = Desireable​
Push Start​
Remote Start​
12" Center Console Display​
Power Rear Window​
Heated Seat​
Ventilated Seats = Optional​

Thanks!

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
OK, but again - will the Sport Appearance Package automatically include floor shifter, or does it require additional tweaks and changes to the package?

Also, can you have the Sports Appearanc with other packages, for example the FX4?

3.5L V6 EcoBoost 998​
SuperCrew 4X4 W1E​
Floor Shifter​
Cruise Control​
Push Start​
Remote Start​
Power Rear Window​
Heated Seat​

Thanks!
I think you’ll need at least the XLT 302 with sport package to get most of what is on your list and it comes with the floor shifter. (My 302 has everything you want but no ventilated seats.) I think to get ventilated seats you’ll have to at least step up to lariat or higher. Someone else will have to chime in on that. I resisted looking at all the cool options on upper trim levels so I wouldn’t be tempted.

You can add on FX4 if you want, or max tow, etc. you’ll need the copilot 2.0 assist to get the adaptive cruise. I won’t buy another vehicle without adaptive cruise, of course the next time I buy a vehicle they will likely drive themselves anyways.

Last edited:
Reactions: sbi

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

3.5L V6 EcoBoost 998​
SuperCrew 4X4 W1E​
Floor Shifter​
Cruise Control​
Push Start​
Remote Start​
Power Rear Window​
Heated Seat​

Thanks!

I went to the Ford F-150 build and price and it looks like you’ll need the 302A High package for most of the options you want. Here is exactly what the website lists as standard interior features for the XLT Sport Appearance Package:
Ford F-150 Does the XLT sport package still have the floor shifter? 5696EC47-D023-409D-B7BB-4DC1ADBAF378

If you want/opt for the Sports Appearance Package it will automatically give you the floor (gearshift handle built into the console) like you want.
Ford F-150 Does the XLT sport package still have the floor shifter? 86A05C4E-EF01-4DA8-B4B0-303062EAE570

There is an option that lists “40/console/40” (pictured above) that is available on any level of XLT, but I believe those trucks will be equipped with a storage cubby and a column mounted gearshift. Like this:
Ford F-150 Does the XLT sport package still have the floor shifter? 533111EC-8A57-4278-B471-2FE285BB66B4

Anyway, welcome to out humble forum! I think I speak for most of the crew here when we say we’re happy to help! Good luck with your build process, ask away if you need anything else!

Last edited:

Sponsored

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think you’ll need at least the XLT 302 with sport package to get most of what is on your list and it comes with the floor shifter. (My 302 has everything you want but no ventilated seats.) I think to get ventilated seats you’ll have to at least step up to lariat or higher. Someone else will have to chime in on that. I resisted looking at all the cool options on upper trim levels so I wouldn’t be tempted.

You can add on FX4 if you want, or max tow, etc. you’ll need the copilot 2.0 assist to get the adaptive cruise. I won’t buy another vehicle without adaptive cruise, of course the next time I buy a vehicle they will likely drive themselves anyways.
And do you have a floor or column shift (with the 302A)?

I went to the Ford F-150 build and price and it looks like you’ll need the 302A High package for most of the options you want. Here is exactly what the website says as standard interior features for the XLT Sport Appearance Package:

If you want/opt for the Sports Appearance Package it will automatically give you the floor (gearshift handle built into the console) like you want.

There is an option that lists “40/console/40” (pictured above) that is available on any level of XLT, but I believe they Weill be equipped with a storage cubby and a column mounted gearshift. Like this:
533111EC-8A57-4278-B471-2FE285BB66B4.jpeg

Anyway, welcome to out humble forum! I think I speak for most of the crew here when we say we’re happy to help! Good luck with your build process, ask away if you need anything else!
Thank you Kyle!
It was my understanding that the Sports Package will give you floor shift, but after building it online, the interior gallery showed column shifter, so it got me confused. Perhaps it's just a "stock" image and it does not adjust according to each "build", but I also didn't see any mention anywhere - not in the eSource book nor in the Order Guide - how to get the floor shift, other than Lariat and above.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Thank you Kyle!
It was my understanding that the Sports Package will give you floor shift, but after building it online, the interior gallery showed column shifter, so it got me confused. Perhaps it's just a "stock" image and it does not adjust according to each "build", but I also didn't see any mention anywhere - not in the eSource book nor in the Order Guide - how to get the floor shift, other than Lariat and above.
I believe it was just that, a stock image. I had the same confusion on a few things for my build on the build and price website because of it.

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
Yes, floor shifter with the sport package. I think that is what “defines” the sport package along with the console. The stock picture of my truck didn’t show the floor/console shifter so seems like a glitch in the build and price?
Sponsored