• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Does the F150 charge on either side?

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Occupation
retired
Perhaps I missed something, I see in the videos that the truck is charging from the drivers side, however I have also seen photos of the charging cover on the right side of the truck, is it there to confuse us, or am I seeing things?
Sponsored

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
It sure looks like the Ford side emblems (apostrophe) are the same. Also, I'm pretty sure during the reveal, they talked about two charge ports.

Squatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reef flip flops
I doubt it due to the extra cost, but what a cool feature if you could hog two chargers at once for faster charging!

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Would be great to put a charging port back by the trailer wiring, then we could use the travel trailer on board gas generator to charge while in transit. ?

bobinmi

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
retired
HIGHLY UNLIKELY! More COST. I owned ALL electric ford focus, one side of course for charging.

Stuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
It was stated quite early on that the charge port is on the left side. They only made it look the same on the right side for symmetry.
Look at the date on the original post. It's 2 days after the reveal. You responded to a year old thread.
Sponsored