Sponsored

Does my truck have front parking sensors?

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
basically, if you have to pay for the assist 2.0 then it comes with the sensors. If you don't because it is included with a package (like Lariat 502a for example) then you have to pay for the prep 2.0 to get the sensors. So Lariat 501a gets sensors with assist 2.0, xlt 302a as well. Lariat 502a and higher come standard with assist 2.0 so you need to buy the prep 2.0 to get them. Really dumb
How true. I was wrong in my above post. On the Lariat, there are two packages, a 43B and a 43C. I wanted the front sensors on my KR order, but had to add the prep since the only option is 43C. Why not a 43B.

Ford F-150 Does my truck have front parking sensors? 6C47F287-31E5-4F7C-A12A-469552C1DEDE

Ford F-150 Does my truck have front parking sensors? CBBF347B-43E2-4647-BF99-6E890CD5EDF3
Sponsored

claytonr

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I ordered my 501a pkg with co-pilot 360 assist 2.0 which cost $750 and $765 for 360-degree camera package. My truck has the front sensors on the bumper. Don't know why ford just doesn't just put these on of all trucks, hard to see how close you are to something with out the use cameras.
I ordered the same setup and I’m glad to hear that as the way I had interpreted the order guide it would have them.

Omodan

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 2022 Expedition Timberline
I also have a 21 F150 King Ranch with practically everything to include the assist 2.0. The Active Prep option was the only option I didn’t have. I ensured I researched and the selections it had included everything I wanted. What pisses me off is the 21 F150 brochure and order guide calls out the Forward Sensing System and rain sensing wipers as included under the Assist 2.0 package, not the Active Prep package. That tells me the lack of sensors are a mistake. Similar to not programming my truck with its as built configuration before shipping to the dealer.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I also have a 21 F150 King Ranch with practically everything to include the assist 2.0. The Active Prep option was the only option I didn’t have. I ensured I researched and the selections it had included everything I wanted. What pisses me off is the 21 F150 brochure and order guide calls out the Forward Sensing System and rain sensing wipers as included under the Assist 2.0 package, not the Active Prep package. That tells me the lack of sensors are a mistake. Similar to not programming my truck with its as built configuration before shipping to the dealer.
I ordered mine back last Aug and I can tell you it was real confusing on this issue.

I wanted the forward sensors and thought I was getting them. I did not want to pay $1,000 for it though, for I was not interested in auto drive. My current drive assist is plenty good enough for me, just would have liked to had the front parking sensors.

theironbull

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 lariat 502a
I bought a fully loaded 2021 KR with the 360 camera, etc. I have visible parking assist sensors on my rear bumper, but none visible on the front. But I know that a front camera is used when using the lane keeping system / adaptive cruise control. And the Ford manual lists a “front parking aid” if equipped and even “side parking aid” if equipped. Is that what comes with the 360 camera? Because I can’t seem to locate any front sensors and don’t hear any beeping when I slowly approach something in front of me.
Hi, I just bought a 2021 f150 lariat 502a, and I have no front parking sensors, but some XLT trims have them. are they hidden at all in the bumper? If not, this is dumb.

Sponsored

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Once sensors are available, I am going to try to add the front to mine. I believe the software portion is there, just need the sensors and maybe some wiring (the wiring diagrams of the system are pretty simple). Who knows when parts will be available though.

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Hi, I just bought a 2021 f150 lariat 502a, and I have no front parking sensors, but some XLT trims have them. are they hidden at all in the bumper? If not, this is dumb.
Front sensors look just like rear sensors. They are not hidden.

Ford F-150 Does my truck have front parking sensors? B77E30C0-2344-40DF-86D6-BA8AE94E2E9E

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150

Omodan

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 2022 Expedition Timberline
I acknowledge what the brochure says. The brochure was also what i used when ordering my 21 KR with the Assist 2.0 which at the time (Apr 21) stated that the forward sensing system was include with the assist 2.0. However, when i received my KR i noticed it did not have the forward sensing system. Afterwards, around May 21, the brochure was updated to reflect that the forward sensing system was only included under the active prep package on the Lariat High+.

I included the link on purpose though. The KR i linked only has the assist 2.0; however, if you look at the pictures, you’ll notice it also has the forward sensing system. I also saw a tremor high with only the assist 2.0 which also had the forward sensors. Since then, i have begun seeing that the 2022 Lariat High, KR, and Platinums with the assist 2.0, all have forward sensors on their pictures. The brochure just hasn’t caught up, once again. Look up a few Lariat High+ 22 F150s with only the assist 2.0 and then check their pictures. You’ll see what i see.

Sponsored

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 UNICORN (rcsb XLT co-pilot 360 assist 2.0)
Occupation
Keeper of the DOG and running with scissors.

Ry55

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 King Ranch Powerboost SuperCrew 6.5'
Going to try and fire up and old thread here.

I'm waiting on a King Ranch order and trying to figure out if the truck will have the front parking sensors. I passed on the 360 camera package (which I now kinda regret but was worried about chip holds) and have been looking at 2023 King Ranch models for sale online without the 360 package and it seems all of them have the front bumper sensors. Does this mean the truck will at least have the audible alarm when parking? I'd feel much better knowing the front bumper sensors provide that proximity alert when parking just to help out.

Ford F-150 Does my truck have front parking sensors? Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 21.38.33

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I don't know if yours will have it or not, but it's really easy to test out: drive slowly towards an obstacle (garage door, bush, etc.) and see if you get any alerts. It starts chirping a few feet out, so you'll know whether or not you have it before you get so close that you actually contact the object.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Does this mean the truck will at least have the audible alarm when parking?
It should.

Trucks that got the Park Assist Delete weren't getting their cameras coming on with the sensors like they were supposed to, but they were getting a large truck graphic with the colored beams. I think that graphic is the one you will see. Not sure where that thread is, but someone posted a pic of what they saw.
Sponsored