Sponsored

Does Max Trailer Tow Package on a 3.5 EcoBoost XLT include all items from the Tow Technology Package?

Streetmuziq

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 VW Golf R
So I just want to confirm one thing. When I order the Max trailer tow package on a 3.5 EcoBoost XLT does it include all the items in the Tow technology package? When I add both it wants to remove the other so that is my assumption, but everything from tow technology package is not listed in the Max trailer tow package. Can anyone confirm or deny this.
Sponsored

bgrohmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 Lariat
To answer your question - No. You would need to get the 360-degree camera option along with Max Tow.

Tow Technology Package Includes:
Pro Trailer Backup Assist
• 360-Degree Camera
• Trailer Reverse Guidance
Trailer brake Controller
Smart Trailer Tow Connector (includes BLIS® with Trailer Tow Coverage where BLIS® is Available)

Max Tow Package Includes:
• 3.55 Electronic-locking Rear-Axle (If ordered with 3.0L Diesel Engine, 3.5L EcoBoost Engine without Heavy-Duty Payload Package, 3.5L PowerBoost Full Hybrid V6 Engine with 4x2)
• 3.73 Electronic-locking Rear-Axle (If ordered with 5.0L V8 Engine 3.5L EcoBoost Engine with Heavy-Duty Payload Package, 3.5L PowerBoost Full Hybrid V6 Engine with 4x4)
• 7-pin Wiring Harness; Includes 7-Pin-to-4-Pin Adapter
• 36 Gallon Fuel tank (NA with 3.5L PowerBoost Full Hybrid V6 or 3.0L Diesel Engine
• Class IV Trailer Hitch Receiver
• Pro Trailer Backup Assist (Not included on XL)
• Pro Trailer Backup Assist – NA on XL Standard; Requires Tow Technology on XL High
• Smart Trailer Tow Connector (Includes BLIS® with Trailer Tow Coverage Where BLIS® is Available)
• Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
• Upgraded Rear Bumper

Trailer Tow Package Includes:
• 7-pin Wiring Harness; Includes 7-pin-to-4-pin Adapter
• Pro Trailer Backup Assist – Not included on XL Base; Requires Tow Technology on XL High.
• Trailer Brake Controller
• Tailgate LED (Standard on LARIAT and higher)
• Smart Trailer Tow Connector includes BLIS® with Trailer Tow Coverage where BLIS® is Available

Class IV Trailer Hitch Includes:
• Smart Trailer Tow Connector (Includes BLIS® with Trailer Tow Coverage where BLIS® is Available)

OP
OP

Streetmuziq

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 VW Golf R
So if I get the max tow package and 360 camera package I would get everything from
All the tow packages correct?

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
To answer your question - No. You would need to get the 360-degree camera option along with Max Tow.

Tow Technology Package Includes:
Pro Trailer Backup Assist
• 360-Degree Camera
• Trailer Reverse Guidance
Trailer brake Controller
Smart Trailer Tow Connector (includes BLIS® with Trailer Tow Coverage where BLIS® is Available)

Max Tow Package Includes:
• 3.55 Electronic-locking Rear-Axle (If ordered with 3.0L Diesel Engine, 3.5L EcoBoost Engine without Heavy-Duty Payload Package, 3.5L PowerBoost Full Hybrid V6 Engine with 4x2)
• 3.73 Electronic-locking Rear-Axle (If ordered with 5.0L V8 Engine 3.5L EcoBoost Engine with Heavy-Duty Payload Package, 3.5L PowerBoost Full Hybrid V6 Engine with 4x4)
• 7-pin Wiring Harness; Includes 7-Pin-to-4-Pin Adapter
• 36 Gallon Fuel tank (NA with 3.5L PowerBoost Full Hybrid V6 or 3.0L Diesel Engine
• Pro Trailer Backup Assist (Not included on XL)
• Pro Trailer Backup Assist – NA on XL Standard; Requires Tow Technology on XL High
• Smart Trailer Tow Connector (Includes BLIS® with Trailer Tow Coverage Where BLIS® is Available)
• Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
• Upgraded Rear Bumper

Trailer Tow Package Includes:
• Pro Trailer Backup Assist – Not included on XL Base; Requires Tow Technology on XL High.
• Trailer Brake Controller
• Tailgate LED (Standard on LARIAT and higher)
• Smart Trailer Tow Connector includes BLIS® with Trailer Tow Coverage where BLIS® is Available

Class IV Trailer Hitch Includes:
• Smart Trailer Tow Connector (Includes BLIS® with Trailer Tow Coverage where BLIS® is Available)

Correct. If you get the 360* camera package and tow OR 360 and max tow, you get all the bits.

Last edited:

NumbersGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 King Ranch
This was a question of mine. Happy to see I managed to order it correctly!
Sponsored