Does Ford Really want to sell F150s?

Inshore97

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Honda Pilot, 2015 Genesis 3.8bSWD
Hard to believe my dealer cannot get a Vin for a high end King Ranch ... Waiting for over 1 month ....

I guess Ford really does not want to sell the trucks ... Really surprised they do not even want to put orders into their system...

Disappointed in a major US company....I see others are switching cannot Blame folks...
Sponsored

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2021 F150, 2018 F-150 1997 F-250H
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Hard to believe my dealer cannot get a Vin for a high end King Ranch ... Waiting for over 1 month ....

I guess Ford really does not want to sell the trucks ... Really surprised they do not even want to put orders into their system...

Disappointed in a major US company....I see others are switching cannot Blame folks...
Dont feel too bad, I ordered mine on 7/17/20 and just took delivery 3/23/21. I have no clue why the hold up either.

PT1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21’ Platinum F150

Do you think it has anything to do with not being able to produce vehicles because of the chip and plastic shortage?

I wonder if they are watching how many are on order, with limited production, before they need to switch orders to 2022’s? If they can’t fulfill orders until this fall, I would assume 2022 line’s will be going?

I don’t know if it’s true, but I heard a rumor that if you try to order a Superduty they won’t even sell you a 2021.......it’s gotta be a 2022?

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Have you tried to order an appliance or furniture lately?

RT21KRH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch 2013 Lariat
Occupation
Physicist

I ordered my KR on 2/25 and got the VIN on 3/5 with a 4/5 build week. My dealer checked last week and still said 4/5 week but no more detail yet. My window sticker is also not available. This is for Dearborn and is monochromatic star white with powerboost, max towing and FX4. I’m not sure what this 3-day shutdown will do but I do like the idea of a shutdown better than building and parking somewhere. That does not seem feasible at 1200 trucks a day out of the factory (where do you put them?). I do not understand the process on how the order is chosen there must be some issue with parts, profit, region who knows?

Sponsored

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology

I find this very suspicious. VIN's are generated shortly after the order is placed by the dealer. The vast majority of people here, like myself, had their VIN's within a week of the dealer submitting the order. While it would be hard to verify, I am betting your dealer did not have any more allocations for the month and was not able to place the order.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
I'm sure they WANT to clear the backlog as much as we want our trucks. There's aparts problem. What are they supposed to do? My order was confirmed at Ford on 2/22/21 and has a build week of 4/5. That's next week, seems pretty quick. Fully optioned KR, 6.5 bed. Fingers crossed.

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor
Try buying a hot tub. 1.5 years.
ive also been trying to buy a $200 shelf from IKEA for 8 months. Zero stock.
Covid has crushed the supply chain of a lot of industries. I’m excited for my new truck as well but know it’s gonna be a while

Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Last edited:

Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost sold, 2023 Tremor 5.0 now
Maybe you can find a truck In stock somewhere and get it next week?

Ford F-150 Does Ford Really want to sell F150s? C390CA1F-D712-4BD9-B8B7-3BC1587A2FD9

Blue Cane.

First Name
Rigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retail
Dont feel too bad, I ordered mine on 7/17/20 and just took delivery 3/23/21. I have no clue why the hold up either.
I order mine 8/26/20 XLT 302A, I also took delivery on 3/22/21. We feel for you, hang in there it was a wait for most of us.
Sponsored