Sponsored

Does factory tri-fold tonneau cover fold all the up to the rear glass like the back flip?

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
I ordered the tri-fold tonneau cover from Ford but was wondering if it folds all the up to the rear glass like the back flip? Should I remove it from my order and just get the back flip?
Great question, @ the time I ordered mined I did not include any tonneau cover. I also asked the dealership about Tri-Fold, & what did it look like. They couldn't tell me. I also asked about who does Ford (supplier) use to get their covers from they couln't answer. My personal favorite is the Bakflip MX4. Att his point in time I cannot get any info from my dealership on covers. If anyone hads or finds out, please post here. Thanks.
Sponsored

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Found this, so it does look like back flip makes the Ford version.

I've had mine for many years now and like I've said multiple trucks, so I don't remember what the warranty is. I think if you order from Ford you would get the 36,000 or 36 months which ever comes first.

Here sits my back-flip waiting a for the new truck, it still looks new even after all the years.

20201014_202809.jpg
good video - BAKFLIP MX4 is like this video but may be a little different in material makup. But I like this style of bed cover.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Bob,
Please keep us inform on the tonneau cover and swing case fit on your new truck. I'll probably going to try to get both before my truck arrives. Hoping there's President day sales on both the bakflip mx4 and undercover swing case. i know bakflip already advertises the 2021 version but undercover has not advertised the swing case as a fit for the 2021 f-150
I will for sure, all indications are pointing towards the cover for sure.

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I discovered this while doing research on the Bakflip folding covers and it is very intriguing to me as added organized storage when I need it. https://bakindustries.com/bakbox2-u...BNrWIoPK-7Y7ta9HkV3q9LXIxsOz6-MMaAiX-EALw_wcB
I had to go back and look on the swing case. I thought I had sent a request to them on this subject already but had been some time and couldn't remember. What happens when you get older! Lol

Anyway here was their reply

Bob,
Yes, the SC203 fits 2015-2021 F-150 so it will definitely transfer over.
http://www.swingcase.us/ford-pickup-truck-toolbox-sc203.htm
Sincerely,
Brent Sage
Diversified Products
Ph: 1-866-314-5427 ext 103

[email protected]

bgrohmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 Lariat
I had to go back and look on the swing case. I thought I had sent a request to them on this subject already but had been some time and couldn't remember. What happens when you get older! Lol

Anyway here was their reply

Bob,
Yes, the SC203 fits 2015-2021 F-150 so it will definitely transfer over.
http://www.swingcase.us/ford-pickup-truck-toolbox-sc203.htm
Sincerely,
Brent Sage
Diversified Products
Ph: 1-866-314-5427 ext 103

[email protected]
My FIL has this same swing case and I am also considering that as an option too. I do like that there is no drilling required and it is removable for when I need max capacity of my bed for when we go on trips in the Family F150 Roadster.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
My FIL has this same swing case and I am also considering that as an option too. I do like that there is no drilling required and it is removable for when I need max capacity of my bed for when we go on trips in the Family F150 Roadster.
Yeah, me too. You can remove it in like 10 secs.

bosro

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150
Hmmm by the looks of it the Leer would work for hauling bikes....Ford one dont think so

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Hmmm by the looks of it the Leer would work for hauling bikes....Ford one dont think so
I think you would be fine with the Leer HF650M or Bakflip MX4. Both are 4 panel covers with what looks to be a narrow securement panel near the cab. It is my opinion, not seeing them in person, only online and in videos, that the securement panels on the 4-panel units are thinner. On a 3 panel, due to the height of the panel when folded, it has to lean at more of an angle (pivot further from the cab) to clear the brake light. To accomplish this the securement panel may be much wider and take up more cargo room.

Sorry, that was probably pretty wordy. I think the 4-panel units when folded up against the cab will give you the maximum access to the full length of the bed. Bonus: the when folded, it acts like a headache rack protecting the cab from your cargo.

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Because the last flip up panel is only a few inches? The bak does such an angle that the final panel leaves several inches.

I want to put 4 bikes back there and mine is the longest and front and back tire both touch the ends of the bed so I need full length. The center of the tire is 15" from the bed floor and the bed is supposed to be 22" tall so I don't want to risk my tire hitting the final panel when it is in flipped up position.

I'm opting for the Lomax trifold because it is a tool-less removal in about 10 seconds for the rare occasions I want to take 4 bikes, or put the dogs back there (with elastic harness). I also don't think I'd like having no rear view (even though I will have tow mirrors).

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
The Lomax is nice and the quick release is a definite bonus. I was surprised recently when I drove a new Yukon (like Sierra's system) that you could turn on the rear camera while driving. I believe there is a camera on the tailgate and in the third brake light on the F-150. Anyone know if those cameras are accessible on the 2021 while in motion like GM is offering. If so, folding the tonneau up against the window might be a mute point for me.

G_Money

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat Powerboost
The Lomax is nice and the quick release is a definite bonus. I was surprised recently when I drove a new Yukon (like Sierra's system) that you could turn on the rear camera while driving. I believe there is a camera on the tailgate and in the third brake light on the F-150. Anyone know if those cameras are accessible on the 2021 while in motion like GM is offering. If so, folding the tonneau up against the window might be a mute point for me.
Doesn't GM have a rear view mirror that can switch over to video mode? That is a nice feature.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Any opinions on the Truxedo Sentry series. I’m interested in the CT model when I finally get my truck!
Sponsored