Sponsored

Does factory tri-fold tonneau cover fold all the up to the rear glass like the back flip?

jabrego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4X4 Lariat 501A Sport
Occupation
Engineer
I have a LEER HF650M on my 2018 F150, Love it

Let us know how your LEER HF650M fits on your new 2021 F150. LEER website does not mention the 2021 model year so I decided to email LEER. They replied that they are still waiting to test fit on the new model. Let's see who gets the truck first.
Sponsored

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
I was told by my dealership that it does - but they did not have one on display nor did I see any installed on their showroom F150s. I haven’t seen an updated 2021 Ford Accessories Listing. Last one showed short description but missing part numbers for cross referencing. I’m in a wait out. I have been thinking about the BAKFLIP MX4 or the Undercover Armor Flex. So many out there. I been kooky at customer reviews etc.. before I make a final decision.

jabrego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I was told by my dealership that it does - but they did not have one on display nor did I see any installed on their showroom F150s. I haven’t seen an updated 2021 Ford Accessories Listing. Last one showed short description but missing part numbers for cross referencing. I’m in a wait out. I have been thinking about the BAKFLIP MX4 or the Undercover Armor Flex. So many out there. I been kooky at customer reviews etc.. before I make a final decision.
I like the LEER because it has a latch that seems more difficult to break into. The other folding tonneaus have a pull wire; I've seen videos of people jamming a clothes hanger and opening the cover. Also the LEER has 4 panels (5 panels if you consider the mounting panel) which gives you a little bit more room when 3 panels are folded over the last panel. Looks like the last panel is closer to the front of the wheel well, while the other mfg tonneaus, the last panel is at the middle of the wheel well. What i've stated I see it applying on the short 5.5' bed.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I like the LEER because it has a latch that seems more difficult to break into. The other folding tonneaus have a pull wire; I've seen videos of people jamming a clothes hanger and opening the cover. Also the LEER has 4 panels (5 panels if you consider the mounting panel) which gives you a little bit more room when 3 panels are folded over the last panel. Looks like the last panel is closer to the front of the wheel well, while the other mfg tonneaus, the last panel is at the middle of the wheel well. What i've stated I see it applying on the short 5.5' bed.
HF650M ?

Sponsored

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
:) , I watching now:
I like this one - you are correct about the BAKFLIP - I see the vulnerability of being able to access with coathanger = not good. I like the Fleer HF650M style and ease of install. Likewise my area has a lot of truck assessories shop that sell & service Fleer ove BAKFLIP. So it's Fleer - Still have to see what the delaership (FOrd) Brand has to ofer in part number, i.e. who is making it. Only rumor: I heard it was BAKFLIP but not 100% sure.

jabrego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I like this one - you are correct about the BAKFLIP - I see the vulnerability of being able to access with coathanger = not good. I like the Fleer HF650M style and ease of install. Likewise my area has a lot of truck assessories shop that sell & service Fleer ove BAKFLIP. So it's Fleer - Still have to see what the delaership (FOrd) Brand has to ofer in part number, i.e. who is making it. Only rumor: I heard it was BAKFLIP but not 100% sure.
Previous model years the parent company of bakflip has been making Ford branded tonneau covers.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
:) , I watching now:
That is a nice one. I love these style covers over all the rest.

Of course if they want to break in, they will, you know how that goes. One with less damage and one with more damage. Lol

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I can't speak to the 2021, but my friends 2020's factory cover folds back up against the window like a Bakflip. All things similar (dimensionally), I doubt anything has changed for 2021.

Sponsored

jabrego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Leer has updated it’s website. Looks like the hf650m will work on 2021 f150

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Leer has updated it’s website. Looks like the hf650m will work on 2021 f150
Good new - excellent. I wrote them an email last week and they responded in a hour or so stating the were in the middle of updating their website.
Sponsored