Sponsored

Does Blind Spot Monitoring give audible warning in 2021?

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
You being a hero isn't what this thread is abo

Who cares?
OP asks a simple question....
Wow. I divorced one of you!
Sponsored

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Whether you think it's necessary or not.... having driven with both I'll take an audible warning any day.
No offense....these options have been available for years on other vehicles.
Doesn't mean people "need" them.
It's like any other option on a vehicle.....it's rarely a "need".
But whatever
So the truck beeping every 30 sec when you are going down the highway doesn't bother you?

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
My light in the mirror flashes it there is a car in my blind spot and I put the turn signal on. If the auditable sound would only happen with someone in your blind spot and you activate your turn signa ,for example, your changing lanes. That would be helpful, but not when there is just a car in your blind spot.

Sponsored

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
The Ford system has nothing to do with your blinker
The way it works in my current car, and the way others in this thread wish it worked (or at least gave the option!) is the light just lights up as it does on the ford system when driving along and someone comes into your blind spot. The difference is once you put your turn signal on. In the ford, it blinks the light. In my car, it blinks the light and makes an audible “beep beep…beep beep” out of the speaker on the side you’re trying to change lanes on. This is a great backup lookout reminder. I find it most useful when someone whose house is clearly on fire and is flying up the road, my blind spot monitor will detect them long before they’re in the blind spot and beep telling me that someone is coming up fast. Yes, I look. No, wanting safety features to catch us IF we miss something is not bad driving, nor laziness. No, my monitor has yet to notify me of someone I didn’t already know about in my blind spot. Yes, it has helped once or twice before with the person flying up.

bosro

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150
This is the way the systems I've driven worked as well.
Sponsored