Sponsored

Does anyone know if the active motion massage seats can be added after purchase or if they will be a retro fit from ford at a latter date

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I have looked at adding them. There are quite a few differences in the seat frames.

I have attached the parts drawing. The standard seats have only the main frame. The part referenced by the green triangle. Even that part number is different in the active motion seats than a Lariat. So it will depend on if Ford is going to make a frame that is not intended to articulate or if they will keep the other parts as is. If they make a new frame that has the extra pieces that are solidly attached youll be out of luck. I would suggest you buy seats today if you see any if this is a feature you have to have. The seat covers can be moved so do not be concerned about color or quality of cover on the seat. All you need as the parts and modules.

You would need to add a Module per seat and possibly more.

Ford F-150 Does anyone know if the active motion massage seats can be added after purchase or if they will be a retro fit from ford at a latter date 1653428144902
Sponsored

OP
OP

leftygolfer333

First Name
corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 platinum
Just got a updated window sticker that has the multicontour seat removal credit removed and my msrp price has gone up by $300 does that mean I have the massaging seats again.

Have ordered a 22 Platinum window sticker says those seats have been removed. Thats the whole reason why I ordered the Platinum to get those seats. Truck is scheduled to be built on May 25th.

PatchManager

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
Just got a updated window sticker that has the multicontour seat removal credit removed and my msrp price has gone up by $300 does that mean I have the massaging seats again.

Have ordered a 22 Platinum window sticker says those seats have been removed. Thats the whole reason why I ordered the Platinum to get those seats. Truck is scheduled to be built on May 25th.
Your window sticker will describe your truck's configuration, so it looks like you should be good. Ford is probably using whatever inventory they still have.

kcarter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XLT 2.7, 2022 F150 Platinum

Does your window sticker show the multicontour/active motion line under "Interior" now?

OP
OP

leftygolfer333

First Name
corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 platinum
Does your window sticker show the multicontour/active motion line under "Interior" now?
It doesn’t but I just got a updated window sticker that has the credit removed with my price going up $300 does that mean I have them now

Sponsored

kcarter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XLT 2.7, 2022 F150 Platinum
It doesn’t but I just got a updated window sticker that has the credit removed with my price going up $300 does that mean I have them now
I'm not sure. I'm in the same boat as you, but I never had the credit applied to my sticker in the first place. I do find it interesting that your sticker changed and deleted the discount, almost sounds promising.

OP
OP

leftygolfer333

First Name
corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 platinum
I'm not sure. I'm in the same boat as you, but I never had the credit applied to my sticker in the first place. I do find it interesting that your sticker changed and deleted the discount, almost sounds promising.
That's what I am hoping for the whole reason I ordered the Platinum was because of the massaging seats blend date is 5/26 still shows in production though.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I recently traded in my 2021 Platinum Powerboost with 6000 miles and no constraints of any kind. I figured they'd get a pretty good price for it used since I hadn't even removed the sticker hanging from the glove box.

After they took it for a little test drive around the basically empty dealership lot, the manager walked over and congratulated me for my KingRanch finally arriving and then thanked me for taking such good care of his new demo Platinum. Lol

With all these constraints that used Platinum might be an appreciating asset for a little while.

Ford F-150 Does anyone know if the active motion massage seats can be added after purchase or if they will be a retro fit from ford at a latter date 20220428_160330

cptn12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I have looked at adding them. There are quite a few differences in the seat frames.

I have attached the parts drawing. The standard seats have only the main frame. The part referenced by the green triangle. Even that part number is different in the active motion seats than a Lariat. So it will depend on if Ford is going to make a frame that is not intended to articulate or if they will keep the other parts as is. If they make a new frame that has the extra pieces that are solidly attached youll be out of luck. I would suggest you buy seats today if you see any if this is a feature you have to have. The seat covers can be moved so do not be concerned about color or quality of cover on the seat. All you need as the parts and modules.

You would need to add a Module per seat and possibly more.

1653428144902.png
Isn't this a diagram for the Lay Flat version?

OP
OP

leftygolfer333

First Name
corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 platinum
We'll I spoke to Ford chat about the $300 credit being removed from my window sticker for the multi contour seats and asked if that meant I had those. Ford chat said to ask my dealer. So I went to my dealer the sales person didn't even know multi contour seats were being removed. She said check with Ford I told her I did and they said to check with you. If I don't have them I want the $300 credit back. I will be pissed if I don't have them that's the whole reason why I ordered a Platinum. My scheudled date of delvery is between June 27th and July 3rd. Will have to wait for truck to be delevered to find out so sad and pathetic.

• Angry
Reactions: bdl

Sponsored

‘22Powerboost

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost, Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher
We'll I spoke to Ford chat about the $300 credit being removed from my window sticker for the multi contour seats and asked if that meant I had those. Ford chat said to ask my dealer. So I went to my dealer the sales person didn't even know multi contour seats were being removed. She said check with Ford I told her I did and they said to check with you. If I don't have them I want the $300 credit back. I will be pissed if I don't have them that's the whole reason why I ordered a Platinum. My scheudled date of delvery is between June 27th and July 3rd. Will have to wait for truck to be delevered to find out so sad and pathetic.
Picked up my platinum on Monday, and it has the multi contour seats, with active motion/massaging too. My sticker doesn’t say anything about active motion or power lumbar, so I was worried too. But it came through with all that. Hopefully yours does too.

SupraVu

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A truck, SUV. another SUV, and a sedan
Massage seats are overrated. Had them on the Aviator, and now on the wife's XB7. Used it probably once or twice, lol

OP
OP

leftygolfer333

First Name
corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 platinum
Picked up my platinum on Monday, and it has the multi contour seats, with active motion/massaging too. My sticker doesn’t say anything about active motion or power lumbar, so I was worried too. But it came through with all that. Hopefully yours does too.
When was you're truck built my blend date was 5-26 built 5-31. I am so hoping that it comes with the multi contour seats. Maybe we got the last of those seats. Congrats on getting the seats and on the new truck.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I'm one who much appreciates the "massage" feature on long trips. At about 2 hours in its nice to get the circulation going in areas that are starting to ache a little. As a result I can keep going without stopping and stretching my legs.

I'm getting old and the seats in this dolled up chariot are one of my favorite attributes.

‘22Powerboost

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost, Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher
When was you're truck built my blend date was 5-26 built 5-31. I am so hoping that it comes with the multi contour seats. Maybe we got the last of those seats. Congrats on getting the seats and on the new truck.
When I was looking it up with the order number, and VIN it said it went into production on the 29th of May, and was finished on the 31st. Shipped June 2nd, and arrived here in CT exactly two weeks later on Thursday the 16th. I took delivery on Monday.

Thank you for the congratulations. I was loosing my joy and enthusiasm for the truck due to the incredibly long wait, and was contemplating my decision, and even thought about backing out, and keeping my pristine ‘19 King Ranch. But then when I least expected it Ford said it was built and on its way, and now having it for a few days, the truck is very impressive, and a huge leap forward in every way imo from the previous generation F150. I’m glad I have it. I’m sure You’ll feel the same way when yours arrives.
Sponsored