Sponsored

Does anyone know if the active motion massage seats can be added after purchase or if they will be a retro fit from ford at a latter date

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Reserved, 2022 Platinum on Order
I see you’re referencing KMs. If you’re located in Canada, that may be standard there. Here in the States you don’t need max recline for the wings.
What option do ýou think differentiates between 'wings' and not?
Sponsored

Trizzil

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Limited on order
What option do ýou think differentiates between 'wings' and not?
The Missing wings is caused my the multi contour seat removal.

If the truck has multi contour seats, it will have the wings. Here’s an example of a Limited with the multi contour seat credit from Ford.

Ford F-150 Does anyone know if the active motion massage seats can be added after purchase or if they will be a retro fit from ford at a latter date 0859AC55-783E-4D1B-BAFF-B614A949B573

Ford F-150 Does anyone know if the active motion massage seats can be added after purchase or if they will be a retro fit from ford at a latter date D982429A-5399-44E1-AF20-17E5F509DB91

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The Missing wings is caused my the multi contour seat removal.

If the truck has multi contour seats, it will have the wings. Here’s an example of a Limited with the multi contour seat credit from Ford.

0859AC55-783E-4D1B-BAFF-B614A949B573.jpeg
No, its not.

You'll find many 2021 f150 plat/kr/limiteds without the wings, which was of course well before multicontour removal was a thing.

I believe I'm the first forum member to receive a multicontour delete truck.

If you don't believe me, pull up your favorite used car search site and look at 2021s.

Trizzil

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Limited on order
No, its not.

You'll find many 2021 f150 plat/kr/limiteds without the wings, which was of course well before multicontour removal was a thing.

I believe I'm the first forum member to receive a multicontour delete truck.

If you don't believe me, pull up your favorite used car search site and look at 2021s.

Just sharing what I’ve seen to be true here in the U.S.

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just sharing what I’ve seen to be true here in the U.S.
Again, I do not believe you are correct. I'd encourage you to look at 2021s to understand the difference.

Or, at least provide an explanation as to what differentiates a winged seat vs a non winged seat on a 2021?

Sponsored

Trizzil

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Limited on order
Again, I do not believe you are correct. I'd encourage you to look at 2021s to understand the difference.

Or, at least provide an explanation as to what differentiates a winged seat vs a non winged seat on a 2021?
It’s all good.

Just sharing my personal experience. The shoulder level adjustment, you can get that here in the States without max recline. I personally test drove a Limited spec’d that way. I also ordered one for myself 🙂.

Something I found interesting when researching the truck before ordering was that all the Limited’s posted by YouTuber’s in Canada had the seats you described and all the posts by YT’s in the States had the ones I’m referring to 🤷🏻‍♂️

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It’s all good.

Just sharing my personal experience. The shoulder level adjustment, you can get that here in the States without max recline. I personally test drove a Limited spec’d that way. I also ordered one for myself 🙂.

Something I found interesting when researching the truck before ordering was that all the Limited’s posted by YouTuber’s in Canada had the seats you described and all the posts by YT’s in the States had the ones I’m referring to 🤷🏻‍♂️
How do you explain:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=648004620
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=635655167
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=641276538
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=645564729

What set of options do you believe can get the "wings"? (before they discontinued them)

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Although I did get lucky and received my 4/11/2022 build with EVERY option available, sans the pano-roof, and with only the park assist delete.

I tried the max recline once for a catnap and for ME the max recline itself would not make the seat a good sleeping seat. I think because I'm just not a natural back-sleeper.
But for being comfortable while driving?
I find that if I pump up the lumber pretty good for the small of my back, and then barely adjust the wing "out" a bit, I can be very comfortable for a few hours. And if I start to feel any ache in my butt? I run a full massage session for about 10 minutes and my circulation will recover my discomfort and I can get another hour or so before stopping to stretch my legs.

I'm someone who can drive 1000 miles in a day if I got someplace to get to. So this is my 3rd F150 in a row that I splurged on interior comfort. I would be very disappointed if I had the seat feature deleted. Although the max recline itself turns out not to be that valuable to me personally.

‘22Powerboost

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost, Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher
I have multi contour seats, but no wings. There was no delete on my sticker for multi contour Seats. If you got the max recline, that’s where the wings come in. I ordered the max recline, and in February was told that they probably wouldn’t be able to get them for me. So we changed the order, and left out the max decline. No max recline, no wings.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have multi contour seats, but no wings. There was no delete on my sticker for multi contour Seats. If you got the max recline, that’s where the wings come in. I ordered the max recline, and in February was told that they probably wouldn’t be able to get them for me. So we changed the order, and left out the max decline. No max recline, no wings.
If that's actually how it works then I would want the max recline, but not for reclining. :)

The wings not only look good, but they have a subtle but effective influence on sitting posture.

Sponsored

DarkSkyForever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F150 701A (Ordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Happy to give up the points you're giving me, and put some cash on top.
What'd you have to do to get additional points for that removal? The reason I went up to a Platinum over a Lariat was because of the multicontour seats. $300 is no where near what they charge you for the option, and I'm sure when I go to try and add them back in myself its going to cost something insane. I missed the cutoff to keep them by a week.

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bumping this thread... anyone thinking to try and retrofit their seat back to multicontour?

Anyone have wiring diagrams or part numbers as to what would be involved?

The latest in my personal saga is being hung up on by @Ford Motor Company, and being told by a dealership that they want $16,000 to trade my 2-week old truck for their 3-month old demo to get these seats.

Last edited:
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350 F250 F250 Taurus Cessna Super Air Natique
Occupation
Retired Engineer & Product Developer
I’m an all ford guy. I currently have 6 ford vehicles (got my Lightning platinum 8/30) and a few ford farming implements and tractors. Im still pissed about the seat delete, running boards…. It’s an XLT for a platinum price. I’ve got a Mach E being built next week and I was regretting reserving a Silverado just for fun but I may trade the Lightning Platinum in on the Silverado and getting some cash back. Maybe the Chevy dealer won’t notice the fixed running boards and multi contour senate removal which also removes massaging which were 3 reasons I jumped up to Platinum. My other fords are a Taurus, ‘84 F250 XL, 99 F350 XLT, ‘16 Superduty F250 Lariat, ‘20 Superduty F250 Limited, and the Platinum Lightning. As you can see as I matured and earned more, my trim levels increased. I’m not very happy about waiting 462 days from reserving to receiving and not getting everything I ordered.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I started looking into adding the MCS. Now that I have a better understanding of the seats. I thinkk they could be added. As always it boils down to what you are willing to do. It will be WAY more money that the $300 credit they give for the removal. Cost to add, and this is an estimate $1500 -2000 in parts.

That includes no labor for installation or programming. I am going to attemp the add in my truck. See what happens.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Never take the XL fender badges off that amazing truck Jesse. :)
Sponsored