Sponsored

Does anyone know if the active motion massage seats can be added after purchase or if they will be a retro fit from ford at a latter date

OP
OP

leftygolfer333

First Name
corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 platinum
When I was looking it up with the order number, and VIN it said it went into production on the 29th of May, and was finished on the 31st. Shipped June 2nd, and arrived here in CT exactly two weeks later on Thursday the 16th. I took delivery on Monday.

Thank you for the congratulations. I was loosing my joy and enthusiasm for the truck due to the incredibly long wait, and was contemplating my decision, and even thought about backing out, and keeping my pristine ‘19 King Ranch. But then when I least expected it Ford said it was built and on its way, and now having it for a few days, the truck is very impressive, and a huge leap forward in every way imo from the previous generation F150. I’m glad I have it. I’m sure You’ll feel the same way when yours arrives.
My truck arrived at the dealership today stopped over before going to work and I do have the massage seats. I am so happy.
Sponsored

Beercity

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 701a F150 | 20 Escape hybrid | 13 Escape
Occupation
Dude Named Ben
When a truck arrives without the active motion seats, I would really appreciate a review with pics.

Edit: I am a victim of the forced removal of active motion seats, with a build week of 8-1 supposedly.

DarkSkyForever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F150 701A (Ordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
When a truck arrives without the active motion seats, I would really appreciate a review with pics.

Edit: I am a victim of the forced removal of active motion seats, with a build week of 8-1 supposedly.
I'm supposed to have mine delivered next week, and I have the massage option removal on my sticker. I'll post here when I get them.

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Reserved, 2022 Platinum on Order

Picked up mine today.

They appear the same as normal platinum seats, however obviously no massaging function. They do have power lumbar.

I suspect they are the lariat seats in platinum leather.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
If they are the Lariat seats they wouldn't have the shoulder wings that can tilt forward a bit. Do you have pictures?

The Platinum and King Ranch seats have that tilt-out wing:

Ford F-150 Does anyone know if the active motion massage seats can be added after purchase or if they will be a retro fit from ford at a latter date 20220317_144438

Sponsored

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If they are the Lariat seats they wouldn't have the shoulder wings that can tilt forward a bit. Do you have pictures?

The Platinum and King Ranch seats have that tilt-out wing:

20220317_144438.jpg
The "tilt out wings" are what you get with the Max Recline seats -- normally optional on Plat, King Ranch, and Limited.

In "normal" circumstances, from an "under the skin perspective", there are at least 3 seats in the higher trim levels.

1. Lariat, with power lumbar.
2. Platinum, King Ranch, or Limited, with Multicontour.
3. Max Recline -- available option on Plat, King Ranch, or Limited. These have multicontour as well.

With the Multicontour Removal, they obviously use the same leather / covers, but I believe it's probably the Lariat seat underneath.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was unaware that the max recline was anything visible. Thanks for clarification. :)

Trizzil

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Limited on order
The "tilt out wings" are what you get with the Max Recline seats -- normally optional on Plat, King Ranch, and Limited.

In "normal" circumstances, from an "under the skin perspective", there are at least 3 seats in the higher trim levels.

1. Lariat, with power lumbar.
2. Platinum, King Ranch, or Limited, with Multicontour.
3. Max Recline -- available option on Plat, King Ranch, or Limited. These have multicontour as well.

With the Multicontour Removal, they obviously use the same leather / covers, but I believe it's probably the Lariat seat underneath.
I don’t believe that’s accurate. I test drove a Limited without max recline and it had the shoulder wings.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don’t believe that’s accurate. I test drove a Limited without max recline and it had the shoulder wings.
That's what I would have expected.
I think the "features" available in the KingRanch/Platinum seats are what is facing supply restraints, but I'm not sure it's the shape and look that will be missing.

The confusion is caused by the vocabulary Ford uses like "multicountour". That's such a visual word, yet might be a function context?

It will be very interesting if we see someone post pictures of their Platinum interior and it has a Lariat seat. I guess it's possible, but I sure hope nobody faces that disappointment. No offense to Lariat trim, of course, but that's the point of the higher "trim". It's the trim. :)

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
The look of the Platinum seats is the reason I went with the higher trim package. I sure hope they haven’t pulled those out.

Sponsored

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's what I would have expected.
I think the "features" available in the KingRanch/Platinum seats are what is facing supply restraints, but I'm not sure it's the shape and look that will be missing.

The confusion is caused by the vocabulary Ford uses like "multicountour". That's such a visual word, yet might be a function context?

It will be very interesting if we see someone post pictures of their Platinum interior and it has a Lariat seat. I guess it's possible, but I sure hope nobody faces that disappointment. No offense to Lariat trim, of course, but that's the point of the higher "trim". It's the trim. :)
There are 2 different Platinum Seats -- with shoulder wings (for the max recline), and without shoulder wings (non-max recline). The only visual difference between a non-max recline plat seat, and a lariat seat, is the cover/leather/striping/emblem. Obviously, in normal circumstances, there is an "under the skin" difference for the multicontour. Whether those seats are slightly different in construction/shape from a lariat, I do not believe anyone knows.

I have taken delivery of my Platinum with multicontour removal, and can confirm that the seat covers remain the same, so it's not like they look out of place.

That being said, the fact that this is a $90k+ truck, and I cannot seem to find a really comfortable seating position, after 500km, is absolute BS. Ford made me an offer of additional Fordpass points to "compensate" for the fact that this isn't a $300 value; which I've accepted, but I'd still really rather give Ford more money to put the seats in that I ordered.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's definitely two different seats!

I guess I stand corrected. As nice looking as the non-max recline seats look, the max recline are a notch up. Subjective opinion, of course.

Here are the KingRanch seats in a 2022.
Those wings actually can help, depending on your ergonomic build

Ford F-150 Does anyone know if the active motion massage seats can be added after purchase or if they will be a retro fit from ford at a latter date 20220626_170549

Last edited:

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah
That's definitely two different seats!

I guess I stand corrected. As nice looking as the non-max recline seats look, the max recline are a notch up. Subjective opinion, of course.

Here are the KingRanch seats in a 2022.
Those wings actually can help, depending on your ergonomic build

20220626_170549.jpg
Yeah, the max recline seats certainly look nicer..although I recall reading on the forum that somebody who had done a butt test said they were less comfortable.

At the end of the day though, it's somewhat of a moot point.... it seems that nobody is getting either max recline or multicontour.

I'm in somewhat of an impossible situation as well... I waited 5 months for this truck, love almost everything about it, but my back hurts when I'm driving.

I can't fault my dealership as they did me right with respect to the deal I was given, but am tied into a 6 month /15k non sale agreement, so even if I could find a truck to trade it for, I'd have a problem there.

@Ford Motor Company, is there anything we can do to swap these seats for multicontour? Or retrofit? Happy to give up the points you're giving me, and put some cash on top.

Trizzil

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Limited on order
Limited, non-max recline.
1656280309535.png

Limited, max recline.
1656280346370.png
I see you’re referencing KMs. If you’re located in Canada, that may be standard there. Here in the States you don’t need max recline for the wings.
Sponsored