Sponsored

Does anyone else think Ford's software updates are very confusing?

krazyankee321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch
2022 F-150 KR, PB here and I am pretty tech savvy. I have never been so confused as to who gets what updates and understanding current software version/ availability.
Sponsored

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
2022 F-150 KR, PB here and I am pretty tech savvy. I have never been so confused as to who gets what updates and understanding current software version/ availability.
Unfortunately most of us around here bit the bullet and bought a license to ford's FDRS software and a obd adaptor (a mongoose cable) and updated our trucks ourselves. There doesn't seem to be many trucks that get updates on there own. Check out the ecu programming thread here.
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/ecu-module-programming-guide-using-fdrs.8249/

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
You have a 2022, so don't burn yourself out trying to figure it out. The only update you should have gotten is 3.5.2 which does nothing but prep you for future updates. Ford is not currently pushing out any updates after that. It is mainly early 2021 owners who have to deal with all the BS.

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
Well, if it’s any consolation, It looks like the guy in charge of updates at Ford is just as confused. ;)

Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I really don't pay attention to them. If my truck gets one,, it's, oh OK. Then I clear it out of the Fordpass app notification and move on. I don't care one way or the other to be honest. It runs, plays music, heats and cools. Android auto works for navigation and the BlueCruise works but I will never pay to extend its use. And I really doubt most have purchased software for Ford on here.

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Unfortunately most of us around here bit the bullet and bought a license to ford's FDRS software and a obd adaptor (a mongoose cable) and updated our trucks ourselves. There doesn't seem to be many trucks that get updates on there own. Check out the ecu programming thread here.
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/ecu-module-programming-guide-using-fdrs.8249/
And even that is confusing AF. We've had updates that brick trucks completely, break functionality, damage components. Ford really needs to get its sh*t together with software updates.

OP
OP
krazyankee321

krazyankee321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch
You have a 2022, so don't burn yourself out trying to figure it out. The only update you should have gotten is 3.5.2 which does nothing but prep you for future updates. Ford is not currently pushing out any updates after that. It is mainly early 2021 owners who have to deal with all the BS.
I would really like full screen car play which is in 3.5.3 if I am not mistaken. That's the only reason.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I would really like full screen car play which is in 3.5.3 if I am not mistaken. That's the only reason.
Is it worth $600 to have it now instead of waiting an unknown amount of time to get it for free?
Sponsored