Sponsored

Do you lock in price and offers when ordering?

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
You can't combine PCO's if somehow you received multiple.
Nor can they be combined with A, or X plan purchases. National offers can be added, such as rebates if you special ordered before a certain date.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mrpkb

mrpkb

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Raptor Gen2, F250 Tremor 7.3L, BMW X7, BMW M4
That’s not entirely correct. Some PCOs can be combined with X Plan.

RoccoL

First Name
Rocco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Explorer
Occupation
IT
Stands for Private Cash Offer. It's an incentive direct from Ford (Doesn't come out of the dealer's pocket in any way), people typically get them in the mail or email from Ford marketing. There are all sorts of theories as to how to get them, some have found that if you click around on the website a lot while logged in with your Ford account you're more likely to be targeted for one because they think you're in the market etc etc. They can range in value, usually in the $1k-$3k range though.
Great info, thanks!

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Your dealer has the choice of delivering the truck based on the incentives at the time of order or the time of delivery. That includes PCOs.
How come it's the dealer's choice? PCO's and interest rate deals don't come out of the Dealer's pocket.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
How come it's the dealer's choice? PCO's and interest rate deals don't come out of the Dealer's pocket.
It's your choice as the buyer, I think they just meant the dealer can submit either of those two options when they submit the deal to Ford. Which one they submit would be your decision, whichever is more favorable financially.

Sponsored

upslash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Honda Civic 290k miles
From what I understand, the dealer discusses all options with the customer and it's a joint decision. Obviously the choice is always the lowest cost option for the customer since these incentives don't affect the dealer. That's my understand at this point, but I've yet to pick up my 22. :)

upslash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Honda Civic 290k miles
From what I understand, the dealer discusses all options with the customer and it's a joint decision. Obviously the choice is always the lowest cost option for the customer since these incentives don't affect the dealer. That's my understand at this point, but I've yet to pick up my 22. :)
FYI - This is from Ford's website:

Ford F-150 Do you lock in price and offers when ordering? 1641999801025

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Well the dealership should do it on the best interest of the customer.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bullitt, 2020 F-150
Occupation
Babylon 5 security
Absolutely I do, with prices, any discounts, and expected trade value (pending final confirmation of the trade-in's condition at trade-in time.) All on an agreement signed by both parties. My salesman at Shults Ford in Wexford PA is top-notch. I was ready to factory-order a car in 2010, and he told me to wait a week. Wouldn't tell me why. But I gave him my trust, and the next week Ford introduced 0% financing on the car I was ordering. This is why I've bought 2 more vehicles off of him since.
Sponsored