• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Do I need to worry about dealer pushing price over MSRP?

OP
OP

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
My reservation number did not change still within the first 20k. But I am worried about this dealer allocation thing that's happening over in the Bronco forums.
Two follow ups.

1)How do you know your place in line? I did wait a few weeks to make reserveration so I am know I am not super low but when I subtracted my reservation number from the lowest I can find it was a couple of hundred thousand higher which I think is more then the total number of reservations- 11009XXX

2)Which dealer allocation issue are you referring to? I heard a few issues about allocating Broncos but they mostly just seemed to be about a long process
Sponsored

JTmass

First Name
Joaquin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Ranger
My reservation number did not change still within the first 20k. But I am worried about this dealer allocation thing that's happening over in the Bronco forums.
I'm trying to get caught up on what's going on with the allocations. So if I'm reading this correctly, if I've got a reservation at a dealer with a very high number of reservations, I'm not likely to see my order come through any time soon? Because if that's the case, I'm re-considering my choice of dealership.

Sc954rr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Volvo XC90
Just stopped in the dealer (woodbridge ford) as it changed ownership that I reserved at to ask some questions and now find out all the sudden now they are definitely charging at least $5K ADM maybe more was the quote. So currently on the phone with ford going to change my reservation to fullerton ford as I called them and they are doing MSRP only like mentioned in the bronco forums.

Bippers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Thunderbird 2014 Honda Accord
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Two follow ups.

1)How do you know your place in line? I did wait a few weeks to make reserveration so I am know I am not super low but when I subtracted my reservation number from the lowest I can find it was a couple of hundred thousand higher which I think is more then the total number of reservations- 11009XXX

2)Which dealer allocation issue are you referring to? I heard a few issues about allocating Broncos but they mostly just seemed to be about a long process
I am referring to my number based on the original number chart in these forums with like 10803XXX being the first assumed. I am at 10821XXX but this is still speculatory. These were day one reservations I don't know when Ford jumped the number higher or if their other vehicles add to the same reservation number.

The Bronco issue is that larger dealerships who were not getting enough broncos to stock their open lots complained and wanted more allocations ahead of reservation holders that went to smaller dealerships offering better incentives/no markups. So now Ford is pushing allocations to the big dealers and bypassing reservations.

RickE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Just stopped in the dealer (woodbridge ford) as it changed ownership that I reserved at to ask some questions and now find out all the sudden now they are definitely charging at least $5K ADM maybe more was the quote. So currently on the phone with ford going to change my reservation to fullerton ford as I called them and they are doing MSRP only like mentioned in the bronco forums.
Does anyone know of a good dealer is South Florida that will not charge ADM? The dealer that I made reservation with will not commit. Thanks

Sponsored
OP
OP

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
I am referring to my number based on the original number chart in these forums with like 10803XXX being the first assumed. I am at 10821XXX but this is still speculatory. These were day one reservations I don't know when Ford jumped the number higher or if their other vehicles add to the same reservation number.

The Bronco issue is that larger dealerships who were not getting enough broncos to stock their open lots complained and wanted more allocations ahead of reservation holders that went to smaller dealerships offering better incentives/no markups. So now Ford is pushing allocations to the big dealers and bypassing reservations.
ok.. my number puts me at 190,000th which cant be right. I guess for that day 1 it might be mostly f150s but other cars/trucks seem to use same numbers or they skipped numbers

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
ok.. my number puts me at 190,000th which cant be right. I guess for that day 1 it might be mostly f150s but other cars/trucks seem to use same numbers or they skipped numbers
It has been discussed over and over that the reservation number is not sequential and that the same numbering system is used for all Ford vehicles. Ford has made announcements as they have hit milestones with orders so if you go and find the timing of these announcements and correlate the time that you placed your reservation you should have a rough idea of where you are in line. However, when you actually get your vehicle depends on a myriad of factors including how many people actually convert to orders. Also there's always the chance that you'll find one that someone has abandoned.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
The dealer that I am with now in NJ has stated that they never charge over MSRP, and thats on their site as well.

hg020680

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Etron, Audi A4, Mini Cooper S and soon F150 L
Occupation
Regional Property Manager
Does anyone know of a good dealer is South Florida that will not charge ADM? The dealer that I made reservation with will not commit. Thanks
I would love to know this as well. The dealer I selected is charging a 3k ADM. I would like to change the dealer but I already paid the deposit and the dealer accepted the order. I was told I am #1. I am worried that I won't get a MY22 if I change dealers at this point.

Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I would love to know this as well. The dealer I selected is charging a 3k ADM. I would like to change the dealer but I already paid the deposit and the dealer accepted the order. I was told I am #1. I am worried that I won't get a MY22 if I change dealers at this point.
Others have changed dealers before hitting the submit order button. I don’t think you’d be able to change now after the fact but you can certainly call ford and see.

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
Others have changed dealers before hitting the submit order button. I don’t think you’d be able to change now after the fact but you can certainly call ford and see.
Is that really possible to do? I haven't seen anybody say they've changed dealers before hitting submit. Would the dealer that you change to get to essentially steal that allocation slot from the other dealer? Or would they get docked one further down the line in a subsequent wave?

OP
OP

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
The dealer that I am with now in NJ has stated that they never charge over MSRP, and thats on their site as well.
what one? I am at Causeway ford on 72 in Stafford on LBI. They talked of no ADM on Bronco's but have not pushed to get anything in writing as didn't get return calls from salesman(though didn't try very hard)

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Is that really possible to do? I haven't seen anybody say they've changed dealers before hitting submit. Would the dealer that you change to get to essentially steal that allocation slot from the other dealer? Or would they get docked one further down the line in a subsequent wave?
Nobody knows those answers but Ford. And two people have posted about it on this forum if memory serves.

RoccoL

First Name
Rocco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Explorer
Occupation
IT
Hey there, I’m in NJ as well, can you share the dealer name please?

thanks,
Rocco
Sponsored