Do I have BlueCruise?

FirstFord

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat SuperCab 502A, 4x4 3.5 EcoBoost
Please pardon me if something like this inquiry has already been posted (I did a "search", and didn't see anything...).

I have a 2022 Lariat 502A 3.5 EB, and I seem to be getting all of the OTA updates. I have looked at my Window Sticker and feature list, and I do not see BlueCruise listed anywhere. How can I tell if my truck is equipped with BlueCruise or not? The funny thing is, I don't necessarily want it - but there were some aftermarket accessories that I was exploring, and some of them state that they are not compatible with BlueCruise equipped vehicles. I will appreciate any guidance to help me figure out what I have (or don't have...).
Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
It would likely be listed as co-pilot active on your window sticker. That’s the easiest way to tell. Otherwise you can look for the CMR cameras in the a pillar on drivers side behind a shiny tinted lens and just above the top right side of the sync screen, also behind a shiny, tinted lens.

OP
OP
FirstFord

FirstFord

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It would likely be listed as co-pilot active on your window sticker. That’s the easiest way to tell.
I see "FORD CO-PILOT 360 ASSIST 2.0" on the window sticker - that's as close as I can get. So, does that mean I no-got BlueCruise?

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Nope, no blue cruise.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Co pilot assist give you the adaptive cruise, lane centering, and rain sensing wipers, you just don’t get the full “hands free”

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
@FirstFord

Down deep inside you might feel a bit disappointed. Please don't!
Especially if you aren't driving daily on Bluecruise roads a significant amount of your time.

I have a fully dolled-up KingRanch Powerboost. Every single technology feature available. After about a year of enjoying and getting to know the truck really well in every driving scenario, I have nixed Bluecruise with a Forscan hack. (Thank you Jesse-Infotainment)

I still experience the Adaptive cruise and Lane Centering magic on every commute, but I no longer have to deal with the iris-eye-scanner nanny that Bluecruise requires. And honestly, even on Bluecruise roads I never once took my hands off the wheel to clap along with "We will Rock you" 🙄🤪

(OK. I did do it once just to mock my Chevrolet older brother 😁)

Enjoy your truck.

OP
OP
FirstFord

FirstFord

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No way do I feel even the least bit of disappointment - I'm actually glad my truck doesn't have BlueCruise. As I said in my original post, the only reason for my interest was because of possible compatibility issues with some aftermarket accessories. The fact is, I'm just old-school enough where I firmly believe that I want to be driving the truck, not the other way around! (No judgement on those who like it - just personal choice...)

STM

First Name
SM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F 150 XLT
Occupation
Home Builder
@FirstFord

Especially if you aren't driving daily on Bluecruise roads a significant amount of your time.

I have a fully dolled-up KingRanch Powerboost. Every single technology feature available. After about a year of enjoying and getting to know the truck really well in every driving scenario, I have nixed Bluecruise with a Forscan hack. (Thank you Jesse-Infotainment)

I still experience the Adaptive cruise and Lane Centering magic on every commute, but I no longer have to deal with the iris-eye-scanner nanny that Bluecruise requires. And honestly, even on Bluecruise roads I never once took my hands off the wheel to clap along with "We will Rock you" 🙄🤪

(OK. I did do it once just to mock my Chevrolet older brother 😁)

Enjoy your truck.
You who is our power user of all technology disabled BC? Did the eye tracking camera bother you so much?

I drive in BC enabled roads every day and I use BC every time and without my hands on the wheel.. I have 20,000 miles now and I have had to correct the wheel less than 5 times.. Each time on a curve with another big auto in the next lane..

Does your truck stick to the lanes as well on adaptive cruise only? In my truck, it feels like it does a far better job on BC than just ACC..

Interested in your and other people's experiences..

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
You who is our power user of all technology disabled BC? Did the eye tracking camera bother you so much?

I drive in BC enabled roads every day and I use BC every time and without my hands on the wheel.. I have 20,000 miles now and I have had to correct the wheel less than 5 times.. Each time on a curve with another big auto in the next lane..

Does your truck stick to the lanes as well on adaptive cruise only? In my truck, it feels like it does a far better job on BC than just ACC..

Interested in your and other people's experiences..
😂 I appreciate the designation.
But I'm not sure I warrant it, but rather I'm just the biggest blabbermouth.

To answer your question why I chose to disable the iris-scanner, and therfore hands-free......

First and foremost, I only get to enjoy Bluecruise roads when I travel away from home. Perhaps once a month. Maybe more during holidays.

Second, yes the iris-scanner nanny can sometime irritate me to no end. I have found that it is usually compatible with my prescription sunglasses, but if I am driving at particular times of day, I suspect it's the glare off my lenses that trigger a non-stop number of false alarms. It's literally STEALS THE JOY of driving the truck.

The real solution is for Ford to simply disable the iris-scanner when the truck is NOT in hands-free mode. Afterall, it only exists for meeting the requirements of hands-free driving. It would be so simple for this to be accommodated.

And finally, I have not noticed Hands-free mode being any different (enhanced) at Lane Centering or Adaptive Cruise. My truck performs both functions admirably both during hands-free mode and not. And since 99% of the time I am NOT in hands-free mode but am using Lane Centering and Adaptive Cruise, nixing the iris-scanner is Winwinwin for me.

The nix is a single line of editing in Forscan. So if I intend to go see my 93 year old dad in San Antonio, and I get the urge to see that beautiful Bluecruise instrument cluster eye candy, I'll pull over and yank the Surface Laptop out of the bag and let the little iris-scanning witch out of purgatory. 😁

Sponsored

STM

First Name
SM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F 150 XLT
Occupation
Home Builder
😂 I appreciate the designation.
But I'm not sure I warrant it, but rather I'm just the biggest blabbermouth.

To answer your question why I chose to disable the iris-scanner, and therfore hands-free......

First and foremost, I only get to enjoy Bluecruise roads when I travel away from home. Perhaps once a month. Maybe more during holidays.

Second, yes the iris-scanner nanny can sometime irritate me to no end. I have found that it is usually compatible with my prescription sunglasses, but if I am driving at particular times of day, I suspect it's the glare off my lenses that trigger a non-stop number of false alarms. It's literally STEALS THE JOY of driving the truck.

The real solution is for Ford to simply disable the iris-scanner when the truck is NOT in hands-free mode. Afterall, it only exists for meeting the requirements of hands-free driving. It would be so simple for this to be accommodated.

And finally, I have not noticed Hands-free mode being any different (enhanced) at Lane Centering or Adaptive Cruise. My truck performs both functions admirably both during hands-free mode and not. And since 99% of the time I am NOT in hands-free mode but am using Lane Centering and Adaptive Cruise, nixing the iris-scanner is Winwinwin for me.

The nix is a single line of editing in Forscan. So if I intend to go see my 93 year old dad in San Antonio, and I get the urge to see that beautiful Bluecruise instrument cluster eye candy, I'll pull over and yank the Surface Laptop out of the bag and let the little iris-scanning witch out of purgatory. 😁
Thank you for taking the time to give a detailed response as you always do..

I find it interesting that while all technology is supposed to behave exactly the same in every truck, we have so much variation.. My eye scanner works really well.. With prescription glasses and prescription sun glasses and in all light conditions including at night with almost no false alarms..

But I can see a clear difference in steering between ACC and BC.. enough difference to where I don't trust the ACC but am totally comfortable with BC..

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
To add a further point on BC , I find it does work reasonably well under most driving conditions, snow covered roads excepted . However, when I’m driving into a setting sun, this is where things get off track. The “ nanny witch” as per Snakebitten , does rear her head far too many times. The sun glare off the lines turns off BC or the sun glare off of my sunglasses brings the witch to life far too often for my driving pleasure.

Jimalt

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Star White Platinum PB 157” FX4 Max Tow
Occupation
Service
To add a further point on BC , I find it does work reasonably well under most driving conditions, snow covered roads excepted . However, when I’m driving into a setting sun, this is where things get off track. The “ nanny witch” as per Snakebitten , does rear her head far too many times. The sun glare off the lines turns off BC or the sun glare off of my sunglasses brings the witch to life far too often for my driving pleasure.
My 2021 PB Platinum is still new to me...I think I am using BlueCruise and I am mostly happy with it but it tells me to always keep my hands on the wheel - even though they are. I have to tug it a bit so it feels the force as if I am "supposed" to fight it and then the message immediately goes away. But I cannot take my hands off for more than a few seconds. It says something like Bluecruise is available and I say "OK" and truck does the driving - I just always need to fight the steering force of I get yelled at. Is this normal? Is this Bluecruise?

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
Your truck would have BC if it is saying it’s available. However, BC requires a subscription to have it activated. Since you say you have a 21, although your profile indicates a 2023, the BC trial period has expired as of Dec. 31, 2023, for 2021 trucks. Here is a photo of the dash with BC enabled.

Ford F-150 Do I have BlueCruise? IMG_9940

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
My 2021 PB Platinum is still new to me...I think I am using BlueCruise and I am mostly happy with it but it tells me to always keep my hands on the wheel - even though they are. I have to tug it a bit so it feels the force as if I am "supposed" to fight it and then the message immediately goes away. But I cannot take my hands off for more than a few seconds. It says something like Bluecruise is available and I say "OK" and truck does the driving - I just always need to fight the steering force of I get yelled at. Is this normal? Is this Bluecruise?
If it is telling you to put your hands on the wheel then you are not Bluecruise (hands free). You are using "lane centering."
Sponsored