Sponsored

Do dealers replace window tint if they damage it?

TruckGuy2020

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Military
Recently had my heater case repaired under warranty which required them to remove the dash, A-pillars and such. When I got the vehicle back the dash and A-pillars had gouges on them so I asked the service advisor to fix it since they weren’t there before. He took photos and said they will order the replacement parts. I also have a ceramic tint on my windshield and it is all scratched and gouged up (like from the remove/install of the dash). Since the window tint is not OEM or covered under warranty, will dealers still fix/replace it since it’s their fault it was damaged in the first place?
Sponsored

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
Recently had my heater case repaired under warranty which required them to remove the dash, A-pillars and such. When I got the vehicle back the dash and A-pillars had gouges on them so I asked the service advisor to fix it since they weren’t there before. He took photos and said they will order the replacement parts. I also have a ceramic tint on my windshield and it is all scratched and gouged up (like from the remove/install of the dash). Since the window tint is not OEM or covered under warranty, will dealers still fix/replace it since it’s their fault it was damaged in the first place?
I would hope so.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
No two dealers are alike. They should if is clear that they damaged it.

bossboy302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Agree. The question isn't "Do dealers replace....?"
But rather "Will your dealer replace....?"

Last edited:

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
My truck had the recall for improper windshield install. They damaged the tint during repair. They paid to have it re-tinted.
Sponsored