First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Hybrid, 88 Jeep YJ, 19 Harley Ultra
Occupation
Network Engineer
I was very lucky to find a Lariat 502 Powerboost with nearly every option the Platinum has. I don't have massage seats, power running boards, wireless charging pad, or Adaptive steering. The lucky part was finding it for $9k off MSRP. Parks Ford of Wesley Chapel, Florida is one of a very few dealers that is actually discounting F-150's. It's about 90 miles from my house in Apopka, but well worth getting it out of town. However, my luck being what it is.....

I was driving home from the dealer and at about 25 miles I got several warnings at once. ABS, Blind Spot, traction, Stability, driving mode locked in Normal, cruise control disabled, etc. This is my second 2021 this year. I bought a 2.7 Ecoboost Lariat 502 in April. I got Brake and ABS warnings on it at 300 miles. That ended up being a loose connector. So I thought maybe I got struck again. After I got home I started checking every connector I could find that might be related. Given all the warnings I knew it had to be a sensor failure. I found the right front speed sensor cable was not latched in its wire management holders. Looking further I found where the jacket had been worn through and severed both leads. So even though your dealer will inspect on delivery. My truck arrived on Tuesday Oct 12th, I took delivery the next day. Inspect it yourself.

Ford F-150 Do a thorough pre-trip inspection when you take delivery of your new F-150 IMG_1029
Ford F-150 Do a thorough pre-trip inspection when you take delivery of your new F-150 IMG_1033
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I was going to say it sounded like a wheel speed sensor, based on your symptoms. It's amazing how many of the trucks sub-systems rely on that data.
Should be an easy fix, as long as you don't have supply chain issues.

Congratulations on getting a NORMAL pre-covid deal on the truck. That's simply unheard of these days.

OP
OP
Xmerlyn

Xmerlyn

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Hybrid, 88 Jeep YJ, 19 Harley Ultra
Occupation
Network Engineer
Thank You. I have been stalking every dealers inventory from Florida to Texas, Michigan to Maine. I wanted a 4x4, Hybrid, with the 7.2kW generator, 3.73 locker, and tow package. It had to be a Lariat 502 or Platinum 701. FX4, Max-Tow, moon roof, 18-Speaker B&O I wanted but did not require. Within that geographical 'square' I'll call it there were only three trucks that matched up. One in Charlotte, one in Baton Rouge, and the one I bought in Wesley Chapel. I have a buddy shopping up in Massachusetts and up there all the trucks are $2-10k above MSRP. We found a F-450 4x4 that was marked up $40k over MSRP.

So far I am very pleased with the Hybrid. I've gone from a 2004 Lariat with the 5.4, 2016 Platinum with the 3.5, 2021 Lariat with the 2.7 and now this one I've had for 1 week. I'm planning on buying a toy hauler to load up the Harley and head west. I want to stay just under 10,000 GVWR on the trailer. I am sure this truck will be up to the task. My 2016 was a beast for towing, and the specs on this are better. I am going to browse this forum and find some guys that have towed a similar setup and ask for their feedback. I want to learn the good, bad and ugly before I buy one.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I took an hour long test drive before I signed any papers at delivery. My salesman was pretty chill about it considering that before I placed my order, we spent all day driving different trucks around.

Even before the ride, I spent about 45min. going over and under the truck, mainly looking for damage from delivery. I would like to think that I would notice an errant wire but I wasn't specifically looking for any.

Are you going to take it back to the dealership, or is there enough slack to splice it back together? Your nearest dealership can do the job but it looks like it's a quick fix to swap out the sensor and harness. Barring any supply issues, if the dealer you bought the truck from is cool, they might just mail you a warranty replacement if you send them pictures and ask.

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Crew Cab Plat 6.5'
I have been stalking every dealers inventory from Florida to Texas, Michigan to Maine.
Chris, any easy way to do this on internet searches, or did you have to brute force multiple searches through the Ford site by zip code? I had previously tried this on the Ford search and it was limited to 100 miles from a given zip code.

Congrats on your purchase & best wishes with your new truck!

Sponsored

n8dgr8

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Platinum
Chris, any easy way to do this on internet searches, or did you have to brute force multiple searches through the Ford site by zip code? I had previously tried this on the Ford search and it was limited to 100 miles from a given zip code.

Congrats on your purchase & best wishes with your new truck!
In the Ford URL at the top of your web browser look for the word “radius”. Change 100 to 499. You can also bookmark the URL or save it to a spreadsheet for faster searching in the future.

Kliza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I have been stalking every dealers inventory from Florida to Texas, Michigan to Maine. I wanted a 4x4, Hybrid, with the 7.2kW generator, 3.73 locker, and tow package. It had to be a Lariat 502 or Platinum 701. FX4, Max-Tow, moon roof, 18-Speaker B&O I wanted but did not require. Within that geographical 'square' I'll call it there were only three trucks that matched up. One in Charlotte, one in Baton Rouge, and the one I bought in Wesley Chapel. I have a buddy shopping up in Massachusetts and up there all the trucks are $2-10k above MSRP. We found a F-450 4x4 that was marked up $40k over MSRP.
You have describe the exact same specs I wanted. Except I also wanted the towing mirrors and the sport package. So mine was a custom order, which I received at the end of September.

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
In the Ford URL at the top of your web browser look for the word “radius”. Change 100 to 499. You can also bookmark the URL or save it to a spreadsheet for faster searching in the future.
Thanks Nate,

Have you seen this work to find trucks more than 150 miles away? The drop down box changes to 490 miles (not a value that can be chosen from Ford's list - 10 to 100 miles only) and I do get more matches, but they don't seem to find any trucks more than 150 miles away.

I did a search for a high end F150 (to limit matches) and the farthest away it would find was 144 miles (Dalton GA). I did another search (same truck requirements as before) using the Dalton GA zip and it found me different trucks, the farthest being 103 miles away in Athens, which did not show up in my first search, but would be well within the 499 mile radius in URL (or 490 mile radius in the drop down).

So from my limited testing, it appears there's something going to limit searches past 100 miles (possibly at 150). Also it could be a limit on the number of dealerships it will search through/display if greater than 100 miles...

n8dgr8

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Platinum
Thanks Nate,

Have you seen this work to find trucks more than 150 miles away? The drop down box changes to 490 miles (not a value that can be chosen from Ford's list - 10 to 100 miles only) and I do get more matches, but they don't seem to find any trucks more than 150 miles away.

I did a search for a high end F150 (to limit matches) and the farthest away it would find was 144 miles (Dalton GA). I did another search (same truck requirements as before) using the Dalton GA zip and it found me different trucks, the farthest being 103 miles away in Athens, which did not show up in my first search, but would be well within the 499 mile radius in URL (or 490 mile radius in the drop down).

So from my limited testing, it appears there's something going to limit searches past 100 miles (possibly at 150). Also it could be a limit on the number of dealerships it will search through/display if greater than 100 miles...
This one works for me. https://shop.ford.com/inventory/f15...&CargoBox=5.5&Order=Distance&fromDetails=true Missoula is 472 miles from Seattle.

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles