First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Crew Lariat
Quick Introduction:

Iconic silver Lariat 6.5 Hybrid on order

Driving: Daily driver, mostly tarmac, short commute. Also adventure vehicle with regular trips to backcountry spots for cycling/kayaking/camping in summer where a little extra clearance will go a long way.

Safety: Live in Alberta, roads can be super icy at times. Young family and I don’t want to make any changes that will impair safety on highway.

Previous 2015 Lariat was left stock, but want to make some changes to the new one. Like the idea of the Tremor package so was thinking to emulate that slightly, but with the 6.5 ft bed. Now for the questions:

1. Lift: don’t want to do more than a 2-2.5 lift/level, might be looking at a bit less. Dealership offers a fox 2.0 install under warranty. How big an issue is the fact that the are not adjustable on the vehicle? I am not able to service them myself due to time and equipment constraints. Will they increase ride quality and handling? Does just a level block cause a significant decrease? With the hybrid sitting lower in the back should one limit the lift to 1-1.5?

1. Tire and wheels: ordered with 18 inch rims - will most likely keep stock to save cost. Was looking at 275/70/18 comes to just over 33. General Grabber ATX and APT seem like pretty solid tires for my application and winter rated. Opinions on size and selection?

Apologies for all the beginners questions and thanks for the advice.
Sponsored

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
Quick Introduction:

Iconic silver Lariat 6.5 Hybrid on order

Driving: Daily driver, mostly tarmac, short commute. Also adventure vehicle with regular trips to backcountry spots for cycling/kayaking/camping in summer where a little extra clearance will go a long way.

Safety: Live in Alberta, roads can be super icy at times. Young family and I don’t want to make any changes that will impair safety on highway.

Previous 2015 Lariat was left stock, but want to make some changes to the new one. Like the idea of the Tremor package so was thinking to emulate that slightly, but with the 6.5 ft bed. Now for the questions:

1. Lift: don’t want to do more than a 2-2.5 lift/level, might be looking at a bit less. Dealership offers a fox 2.0 install under warranty. How big an issue is the fact that the are not adjustable on the vehicle? I am not able to service them myself due to time and equipment constraints. Will they increase ride quality and handling? Does just a level block cause a significant decrease? With the hybrid sitting lower in the back should one limit the lift to 1-1.5?

1. Tire and wheels: ordered with 18 inch rims - will most likely keep stock to save cost. Was looking at 275/70/18 comes to just over 33. General Grabber ATX and APT seem like pretty solid tires for my application and winter rated. Opinions on size and selection?

Apologies for all the beginners questions and thanks for the advice.
How big an issue is the fact that the are not adjustable on the vehicle?
No issue!!
I am not able to service them myself due to time and equipment constraints. Will they increase ride quality and handling?
Should be 0 Difference in what you feel...

With the hybrid sitting lower in the back should one limit the lift to 1-1.5?
1.5" sounds reasonable to me .... most people do a 2.0" front increase.

1. Was looking at 275/70/18 comes to just over 33. General Grabber ATX and APT seem like pretty solid tires for my application and winter rated.
  2. Opinions on size and selection?
I use dedicated 275.70.18 in the winter. I have Ford splash guards. No rubbing. I have winter tires specifically mounted on 18" Ford OE wheels.

I have 275.60.20 "3 season" tires.
I chose the Continental Tires. Highly rated on both consumer Reports and Tire Rack
Your choice of General Tire is an excellent one. APT Also rated well and a lil better in snow than my Continental is rated. ATX tread was to aggressive for me... BUT... IF you want a Tremor "look" that tire fits the part. ATX will have more Audible Rooad noise. I am getting older and went for the quiet, good handling Conti's ... (but they look way better than my Hankook Dynapro's Imo)

My 2 cents :)
Ford F-150 DIY TREMOR 6.5ft box Hybrid. 20210304_141431

Ford F-150 DIY TREMOR 6.5ft box Hybrid. 20210403_174629

Ford F-150 DIY TREMOR 6.5ft box Hybrid. 20210421_223139

Last edited:

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
title caught my attention. i want to put the tremor hood (and grill cause i think they have to go together), and rear bumper on my 6.5 bed powerboost.

HandHBoost

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat FX4 Crewcab 5.5ft Iconic Silver
Occupation
Vehicle Technician
I did a 2 inch lift and put 285/60R20 Duratracs on.
Ford F-150 DIY TREMOR 6.5ft box Hybrid. 21leveled

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
title caught my attention. i want to put the tremor hood (and grill cause i think they have to go together), and rear bumper on my 6.5 bed powerboost.
Just add the color highlights to your truck that mimic a Tremor and even the Tremor logos can be added. The Lariat sport grille has same bar through center that Tremor has. I am highlighting my black Lariat powerboost to mimic a Tremor but I won't put Tremor decals on. I just like the highlight trim but I chose a better color that is a copper color with hint of orange. I don't think the Tremor hood is that big of a deal. Someone probably have some dummy vents that could be added to a stock non Tremor hood. My color is S344 satin copper canyon 3M 2080 vinyl wrap and matching paint is 2018 Nissan Kicks code EBB. Looks like rich copper with a hint of orange. Pictures don't capture the true shade, they look too orange.

Ford F-150 DIY TREMOR 6.5ft box Hybrid. IMG_5446

Ford F-150 DIY TREMOR 6.5ft box Hybrid. IMG_5447

Ford F-150 DIY TREMOR 6.5ft box Hybrid. IMG_5339

Ford F-150 DIY TREMOR 6.5ft box Hybrid. IMG_5443
Sponsored