Sponsored

Disturbing E-mail from Dealer: :I am starting to think that maybe we should just reorder your truck."

pioneermars

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350
Talk about disgruntled. My order in production o7/07/21 just went from 8/15 to 10/31 eta!
Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
You sure? Thought someone mentioned when it rolls off the line its a sell for them. Something about all those trucks in lots waiting for chips still count towards their total numbers.
Accounting counts it as "sold" when it rolls off the line, it isn't necessarily sold at that point though.

Also, OP, I'm not sure how this is "news". Anyone that has been even casually following the automotive industry or tracking their order over the past 3 months has seen this, it isn't new. People that ordered in May/June are mostly driving their vehicles around at this point when people that ordered in March/April or earlier are still waiting. Some people have ordered 2 trucks at the same time and have one and not the other, some ordered 2 trucks at different times and got the second before the first order.

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
They probably just want to get 2 lol. Then you get one and they have another to sell, win win.

Redskins5

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Occupation
Government
You sure? Thought someone mentioned when it rolls off the line its a sell for them. Something about all those trucks in lots waiting for chips still count towards their total numbers.
Nope, ford does not get credit for a sale until it hits the dealer's lot, otherwise, those thousands of trucks in lots would have counted as sales and they would not have lost their status.

OP
OP
Maggioa

Maggioa

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mazda CX 5, 2018 Hyundai
Occupation
Retired Air Force, Currently a Federal Employee
As I thought about it. If they are willing to re-order for you, leaving the current order alone, I say go for it. You might get lucky and hit one of those sweet spot windows where the truck sails through. Take home whichever arrives first.
I had the same thought, but i would hate to start at the bottom again. I will going to present this to the boss when she gets home...lol!!

Sponsored

Smashyourglass

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Shop owner
OP, I feel as though the words in the email you received are being taken to critically. For those that know, they stock piled a ton of trucks during the shortage. imagine a parking lot filled with 10000 units, say yours is in the middle of all of them. you cant get your truck out without moving a few thousand units first. and ill bet a lot of those units are dealer trucks that have yet to find buyers. Its not that you dont have priority, but those surrounding you are moving out at a slower rate and thus ordering a truck now is a fresh truck they can focus on and not have to pick away at the pile to expose the one you ordered. order a new truck and see what comes first.

GeorgeK

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Self employed
I know Ford received a boat load of chips for all the F-150s, but i just received an email from my dealer that really ticks me off. Here is what they just mentioned to me;

"I am starting to think that maybe we should just reorder your truck.

I say that because I am hearing that they are moving new Special ordered units through faster than inventory sitting at the factories.
12 weeks is what I am hearing."

If this is true, this really ticks me off. Im waiting for 7 months now and i am hearing this from my dealer. I ordered a fully loaded Platinum and they have new Lariats coming in next week. I am so confused on Fords process and transparency on this matter! Why are they moving newly ordered
Perhaps your platinum came in already and the dealership sold it to someone else without realizing it because they coded it wrong so it came in as dealer stock and didn’t realize it was yours

OP
OP
Maggioa

Maggioa

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Perhaps your platinum came in already and the dealership sold it to someone else without realizing it because they coded it wrong so it came in as dealer stock and didn’t realize it was yours
Nah, that didn't happen because for one thing I am in constant contact with my dealer, and I am watching carefully. Since my original posting i have seen movement on the vehicle. I now have an EDD 8/27.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Maggioa

Maggioa

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I know Ford received a boat load of chips for all the F-150s, but i just received an email from my dealer that really ticks me off. Here is what they just mentioned to me;

"I am starting to think that maybe we should just reorder your truck.

I say that because I am hearing that they are moving new Special ordered units through faster than inventory sitting at the factories.
12 weeks is what I am hearing."

If this is true, this really ticks me off. Im waiting for 7 months now and i am hearing this from my dealer. I ordered a fully loaded Platinum and they have new Lariats coming in next week. I am so confused on Fords process and transparency on this matter! Why are they moving newly ordered
Tell them to order another truck but keep they one you already have and you will take whichever comes first. Should be taking 2022 orders soon unless that has been pushed back because of the shortages.

Trucks do not count as a sell till the dealer receives the truck, the dealer buys them from Ford.

OP
OP
Maggioa

Maggioa

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
UPDATE to my original posting....Since posting this original thread, my Estimated Dealer Delivery (EDD) has changed from 10/31 to 8/27....There may be movement and hope. However, I pinged my dealer and they have been radio silent since i asked them if the new EDD was correct.

OP
OP
Maggioa

Maggioa

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tell them to order another truck but keep they one you already have and you will take whichever comes first. Should be taking 2022 orders soon unless that has been pushed back because of the shortages.

Trucks do not count as a sell till the dealer receives the truck, the dealer buys them from Ford.
My dealer stated they are not taking any more orders and they will not take orders until November 2021 for the 22s.

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
My dealer stated they are not taking any more orders and they will not take orders until November 2021 for the 22s.
I wonder if the dealer meant September, not November. The 22 order bank is scheduled to open in mid-September and production is scheduled to begin in mid-November at Dearborn and first week of December at Kansas City. That's according to Blue Oval Forums, I suppose it could change.
Sponsored