Sponsored

Disturbing E-mail from Dealer: :I am starting to think that maybe we should just reorder your truck."

Maggioa

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mazda CX 5, 2018 Hyundai
Occupation
Retired Air Force, Currently a Federal Employee
I know Ford received a boat load of chips for all the F-150s, but i just received an email from my dealer that really ticks me off. Here is what they just mentioned to me;

"I am starting to think that maybe we should just reorder your truck.

I say that because I am hearing that they are moving new Special ordered units through faster than inventory sitting at the factories.
12 weeks is what I am hearing."

If this is true, this really ticks me off. Im waiting for 7 months now and i am hearing this from my dealer. I ordered a fully loaded Platinum and they have new Lariats coming in next week. I am so confused on Fords process and transparency on this matter! Why are they moving newly ordered
Sponsored

Seavee33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 F-150, Ordered 2021 Lariat
Occupation
Electrician/ Project Manager
Umm.. if you ordered a new truck then your order is considered "Special Order" and not inventory.
Check your DORA sheet what priority code did you get?
10-19 retail orders 80+ detailer stock.

fmozza

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 xlt fx4
Occupation
retired
I know Ford received a boat load of chips for all the F-150s, but i just received an email from my dealer that really ticks me off. Here is what they just mentioned to me;

"I am starting to think that maybe we should just reorder your truck.

I say that because I am hearing that they are moving new Special ordered units through faster than inventory sitting at the factories.
12 weeks is what I am hearing."

If this is true, this really ticks me off. Im waiting for 7 months now and i am hearing this from my dealer. I ordered a fully loaded Platinum and they have new Lariats coming in next week. I am so confused on Fords process and transparency on this matter! Why are they moving newly ordered
Ford did indicate they plan to ship a significant amount of stock orders to dealers in a new release a week or so ago. Given there is a finite supply of chips in the supply chain, something has got to give. I think they are trying to balance the need to get retail orders out and get stock to dealers. It is likely a moving target which will make no-one happy.

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Umm.. if you ordered a new truck then your order is considered "Special Order" and not inventory.
Yeah, I read that email the same way. Meaning his being a special order, is a priority over a dealer inventory order.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
As long as the dealer coded the order as Retail and not an inventory order.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Maggioa

Maggioa

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
how do i find the DORA code?

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
how do i find the DORA code?
Top of your window sticker has a priority #

Mine is the 9-Normal or so I was told.

But you can also look on the dealer order that you were given when you ordered, mine says "Priority Code 19" so it is one of the two.

Ford F-150 Disturbing E-mail from Dealer: :I am starting to think that maybe we should just reorder your truck." 1626365806165

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2024 Escape Platinum
Occupation
Instructional Designer
Is your sticker Green = special order. Blue = dealer inventory.

OP
OP
Maggioa

Maggioa

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Top of your window sticker has a priority #

Mine is the 9-Normal or so I was told.

But you can also look on the dealer order that you were given when you ordered, mine says "Priority Code 19" so it is one of the two.

1626365806165.png
Just looked at the order document and it states Priority order 19, looked at the window sticker and it says 9 - Normal, but at the bottom of the window Sticker it states Special Order.

OP
OP
Maggioa

Maggioa

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

Sponsored

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Just looked at the order document and it states Priority order 19, looked at the window sticker and it says 9 - Normal, but at the bottom of the window Sticker it states Special Order.
Then you are in the special order group that is being prioritized.

Redskins5

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Occupation
Government
Ford lost it's number one truck status that it has carried for 40 years to Dodge and Chevy for QTR one and QTR two of this year. They are prioritizing the special order trucks because those will be sold the day they hit the dealers, They are using a separate contractor to do this, they also have chips that they are using on trucks coming off the line. The goal is to get as many trucks to the dealers both special order and stock so that they can get them sold and get back the #1 status before the end of the year so they do not lose their 40-year running status. so you will see both the sitting trucks and new ones coming off the line shipping as quickly as possible. Ford's sell system basically counts a truck as sold as soon as it hits a dealer's lot as that is when the dealer gets billed for it.

flynavy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Ford lost it's number one truck status that it has carried for 40 years to Dodge and Chevy for QTR one and QTR two of this year. They are prioritizing the special order trucks because those will be sold the day they hit the dealers, They are using a separate contractor to do this, they also have chips that they are using on trucks coming off the line. The goal is to get as many trucks to the dealers both special order and stock so that they can get them sold and get back the #1 status before the end of the year so they do not lose their 40-year running status. so you will see both the sitting trucks and new ones coming off the line shipping as quickly as possible. Ford's sell system basically counts a truck as sold as soon as it hits a dealer's lot as that is when the dealer gets billed for it.
You sure? Thought someone mentioned when it rolls off the line its a sell for them. Something about all those trucks in lots waiting for chips still count towards their total numbers.

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
You sure? Thought someone mentioned when it rolls off the line its a sell for them. Something about all those trucks in lots waiting for chips still count towards their total numbers.
Yeah, that is what I heard as well as defense for why they continued to build "incomplete" trucks so they could keep their numbers up.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
As I thought about it. If they are willing to re-order for you, leaving the current order alone, I say go for it. You might get lucky and hit one of those sweet spot windows where the truck sails through. Take home whichever arrives first.
Sponsored