First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Holy cow, y’all are turning it up to 14-15 volume?! I’m like at 7, and happy. Man I’m getting old!
Haha, only by myself and its something that really gets me going. I can't put it past about 12 with others in the car if I want to be able to talk at all. Normally around 7 or 8 with the family.
Sponsored

serinjune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 3.5L EB FX4
I had to go to my dealer to listen to the B&O Unleashed to see what I missing. I have the regular B&O in my Lariat, and I'm glad to say I'm not missing a thing!!

I was thinking the addition of all of those speakers would make a big difference, but it's only barely more noticeable than the standard B&O.

Also, the test model had massage seats, and that's the thing I feel I'm missing now.?

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Sirius XM has to be the weak link for F150’s. I don’t know what the issue is, as my wife’s XM sounds great. I ended my subscription a few years ago, because it was so bad.

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
I had to go to my dealer to listen to the B&O Unleashed to see what I missing. I have the regular B&O in my Lariat, and I'm glad to say I'm not missing a thing!!

I was thinking the addition of all of those speakers would make a big difference, but it's only barely more noticeable than the standard B&O.

Also, the test model had massage seats, and that's the thing I feel I'm missing now.?
Was the B&O Unleashed in Surround mode when you tried it out?

Sponsored

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
As some have mentioned I've had some serious quality differences based on the source and method of source connection.

Satellite Radio has always sounded like a swirling under sampled mess to me so I don't even consider that to be a good comparison point.

HD radio sounds pretty good although it can suffer from some under sampling issues like satellite radio.

Wireless CarPlay has proven to me that something is wrong with this setup in my King Ranch. It's sounds horrible with the music coming from amazon music. This setup also has the exact same issue as my wife's subaru with carplay/amazon music where the app crashed midway through the first song. Restarting the app then works. Also, the amazon music app interface in carplay is downright terrible.

Ford+Alexa (wireless) playing music sounds very good. This seems to be the best method and combination I've found. It sucks that this method doesn't show the song/artist on the screen or dash though.

Disabled carplay and running the amazon music app on the iphone with music streaming via BT seems to produce good sound, maybe slightly lower than the Ford+Alexa configuration.

serinjune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 3.5L EB FX4
Was the B&O Unleashed in Surround mode when you tried it out?
Yeah, and that was the main reason I went to test it out, for that specific mode. I spent about 15 minutes sitting in the cab playing with with the fade, tone/blance and other settings and I could only get it to sound marginally better than what I have now. But I was also blissfully enjoying those massage seats.

I'm coming from a 19 speaker harmon kardon in my Jeep GC, so I had high expectations of the system, but I was a bit disappointed. Maybe it just needs and amp or something to get it more 'full' sounding, but as it stands, I'm not upset about missing out on the stereo.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Yeah, and that was the main reason I went to test it out, for that specific mode. I spent about 15 minutes sitting in the cab playing with with the fade, tone/blance and other settings and I could only get it to sound marginally better than what I have now. But I was also blissfully enjoying those massage seats.

I'm coming from a 19 speaker harmon kardon in my Jeep GC, so I had high expectations of the system, but I was a bit disappointed. Maybe it just needs and amp or something to get it more 'full' sounding, but as it stands, I'm not upset about missing out on the stereo.
The unleashed has 18 speakers and a 1080 watts, can't imagine needing more..

serinjune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 3.5L EB FX4
The unleashed has 18 speakers and a 1080 watts, can't imagine needing more..
I'm not sure what it needs either, but I'll deal with what I've got until something significantly better comes along!

Sponsored

brnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat
The Unleashed sounds tons better (more accurate, less boomy) than my '14 Jeep GC, but not as good as my Audi (also B&O). If you want to rattle the cars next to you by turning up your volume, you should get a different system. The B&O is tuned for accuracy and range, not annoying your neighbors.

As another poster mentioned, different audio sources have *very* different sound profiles. Satellite radio always sounds like over-compressed crap. High-quality sources (some streaming, CDs, high bitrate local digital files) will sound much better.

Itsjustmd

First Name
Jayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I recently test drove both the Ram 1500 Limited and F150 King Ranch with the B&O Unleashed system. Ram sounded better to me. I ultimately decided on the F150 though, so I'm hoping the system grows on me.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Does anyone actually have a photo or description of where the 18 speakers actually are?

OP
OP

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
I never found anything on it. I think it still is under powered compared to ram.
Sponsored