First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150KingRanch71 Mach179MarkV63GalaxieXL
Occupation
Retired
I’ve been pleased with mine so far but had kids in the truck so didn’t crank it up. I’d like to hear what the diagnosis is.

One question: Can you hear sound from the headrest speaker because we can’t hear anything from them.
I am having the same issue With my King Ranch.
Sponsored

brnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat
I've had my truck almost a week now and can't say I'm impressed by the B&O 8 speaker system in my truck. In fact I don't hear much of a difference between this system and the factory system w/o B&O.
I have tweeked it 100 ways, changed sources (HD radio and non hd). I mostly listen to my music which is ripped onto a thumb drive. I always rip Windows lossless (1411.2 Kbps). I even have some store bought downloaded music from Play Store and Amazon.
Its not that its distorted, it just sounds vanilla for a $610 option.
I'm hoping my truck gets that update someone here mentioned. I force it to check updates manually everyday. I'm thinking I may have a software glitch because mine has a super hard issue with reconnectiong Android Auto wirelessly. I don't want to derail this thread on that topic other than bring it up wondering if Ford are catching some bugs in the system and updating them.
Several people are reporting problems with Android Auto after a recent update. I think all the phones mentioned have been Samsung units. Is yours?

OP
OP

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
Several people are reporting problems with Android Auto after a recent update. I think all the phones mentioned have been Samsung units. Is yours?
Yes. Delete cache data it worked on my galaxy 10.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
I have. I factory reset my phone. I used the hold volume up and power button method too.
Daily, have you shut the truck off and seen if it reconnects later?
Mine is buggy. I noticed when it won't connect automatically most times if I go in phone menu on truck and select it on it will usually work.

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Well I was really considering this system since I'm not adding the power tailgate/deploy runningboards/moonroof to save on payload....but now it's feeling like it's not worth it? For $600, I can probably add a nice amp/subwoofer and have a decent system?

Does anyone know what the weight penalty is for the unleashed?

OkieCW

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost, 2017 Yukon Denali
Occupation
Attorney
I am having the same issue With my King Ranch.
I believe the responses earlier in this thread to my post answer this issue in detail. In general It has to do with using the Sirius radio. If you switch to fm radio you can hear the speakers. I’m not sure how this issue can be corrected for the Sirius radio but shelling out this amount and not being able to hear those speakers is kind of annoying.
Hope this helps.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
So it sounds like using FM (and letting it pick up the HD feed automatically) will get you a signal it can get sound to all the speakers. Did you have to go and enable the surround setting in the Sync options?

The SiriusXM tuner may have too much compression for the DSP to send sound to all the speakers. But has anyone tried using their phone and enabling say, Dolby Atmos? My galaxy has the option and I use it by default. So I wonder if that gives a stream that the Sync and B&O DSP know how to create a full sound on all speakers. I know that the BT stream uses A2DP which is only stereo but the extra effects may just do the trick.

I'll play with it when I get it obviously, but if anyone else has already done it that would be great to know. When not listening to books/podcasts I do like to stream from YT music or Ford+Alexa.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
So it sounds like using FM (and letting it pick up the HD feed automatically) will get you a signal it can get sound to all the speakers. Did you have to go and enable the surround setting in the Sync options?

The SiriusXM tuner may have too much compression for the DSP to send sound to all the speakers. But has anyone tried using their phone and enabling say, Dolby Atmos? My galaxy has the option and I use it by default. So I wonder if that gives a stream that the Sync and B&O DSP know how to create a full sound on all speakers. I know that the BT stream uses A2DP which is only stereo but the extra effects may just do the trick.

I'll play with it when I get it obviously, but if anyone else has already done it that would be great to know. When not listening to books/podcasts I do like to stream from YT music or Ford+Alexa.
What cache data are you talking about?
In Google Chrome settings find history then you will see it try clearing.

DanS

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150

I turned on Atmos and streamed Amazon Music. It sounds good...better than XM, but I didn't notice a difference turning Atmos on or off.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I turned on Atmos and streamed Amazon Music. It sounds good...better than XM, but I didn't notice a difference turning Atmos on or off.
I have Atmos turned on and B&O set to surround sound..
It all sounds good to me..
Couldn't pay me to listen to Sirius..
Sponsored