Sponsored

Disabling adaptive headlamps with Dynamic Bending Headlights (502A and Up)?

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
Can you post a photo of your settings? Does yours look like the Canada version minus the glare free?
No, Mine does not look like Canada. I do have "bending" lights, but not anti glare.
Ford F-150 Disabling adaptive headlamps with Dynamic Bending Headlights (502A and Up)? IMG_0739
Sponsored

Dybalr

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 platinum
No, Mine does not look like Canada. I do have "bending" lights, but not anti glare.
IMG_0739.jpg
I’ll video my start up tonight. Mine looks like that. But during the start up there is no test routine. And the lights definitely don’t bend when driving at any speed when turning the wheels

bjtcars

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
My 502a Lariat does not have that item on the settings screen. But I just checked the US configurator again and it clearly says LED Projector with Dynamic bending Headlamps w/ LED Taillamps are part of the 502a Lariat package.
I also have a Lariat with the 502A. Had the truck about a week and until I saw this thread I thought I had them. My headlights do not move and nothing in the settings menu like I saw here. Guess I will call the dealer and ask about it though I am sure they wont know. If you click this link and scroll down it shows the 502A options and they are on there and the price of $6920 which is on my window sticker but it doesn't specifically mention them.
https://carbuzz.com/cars/ford/f-150/2021-ford-f-150-lariat

Attachments

Norris McCarty

First Name
Norris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat 4x4 PB 7.2k FX4 17”Raptor Beadlocks
Occupation
Own a RV dealership
I have a Lariat 502A, it has the dynamic bending headlights, but there is no setting to turn them off. When you start the truck at night, the lights go through a test routine where the lights move. If you have a Lariat with dual beam, you have dynamic bending, if your Lariat has quad beam, you don’t have dynamic bending.
[/yoQUOTE]
Exactly what determines whether you get the dual or quad beams? A 502a is a 502a..... no difference in headlights listed.

SuvE

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
I checked my Platinum today. I do not have an option to disable them on the lighting menu, but I did verify that they are working. When the truck is started, the headlights move left-right and up-down over about a 2 to 3 second time period, then settle back to normal. I have not driven it in the dark yet, so I can't comment on the lights leading into turns.

Sponsored

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
Agreed. 502A had the dynamic bending headlights. I was just saying that to clarify that the Dual Beam LED's are dynamic bending. If you had a Lariat with QUAD Beam headlights, you would not have dynamic bending.

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
So it’s a non issue. I don’t need to be able to shut them off. I didn’t have that option in my prior car either.

jasonmt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F-350, 2021 F-150
After some more reading and video watching I suspect that Canadian F-150's have glare free lighting enabled and a different adaptive driving beam schema compared to the US F-150's. Canadian F-150's look to have the option to turn these features off similar to how the US F-150's have the option to turn the DRL's off where the Canadian F-150's do not as DRL's are a federally mandated requirement here.

Glare free lighting video from Ford EU:

More technical / regulatory information: https://www.drivingvisionnews.com/afs-adb-now-ok-in-canada-usa-now-alone-in-the-dark/

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I am hoping that there is a way to enable the glare-free lighting in the US as I would rather have that compared to the ability to turn off DRLs.
Sponsored