Sponsored

Disabling adaptive headlamps with Dynamic Bending Headlights (502A and Up)?

Blackout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
For those of you who have a 502A or above which comes equipped with Dynamic Bending LED projector headlights, when you go to [Settings] -> [Vehicle] -> [Lighting]... do you see an option to disable adaptive headlamps?

The reason I ask is I was reading the manual and came across this section for guidance on how to turn it off...and this option to turn off does not exist in my menu.

Ford F-150 Disabling adaptive headlamps with Dynamic Bending Headlights (502A and Up)? 1610502109253
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dybalr

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 platinum
For those of you who have a 502A or above which comes equipped with Dynamic Bending LED projector headlights, when you go to [Settings] -> [Vehicle] -> [Lighting]... do you see an option to disable adaptive headlamps?

The reason I ask is I was reading the manual and came across this section for guidance on how to turn it off...and this option to turn off does not exist in my menu.

1610502109253.png
I have the 701A in a 21 platinum and I’m missing this option as well. I have confirmed my lights do not move with the steering wheel either. It is my understanding the dynamic bending headlights are standard equipment for the platinum.

dustino316

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette
I have them but haven’t looked at the menu yet. Platinum trim.

I think it also factors in the speed of your turn. They don’t seem to move at low speeds in my neighborhood, but they do when I turn into my neighborhood from the highway.

Dybalr

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 platinum
I have them but haven’t looked at the menu yet. Platinum trim.

I think it also factors in the speed of your turn. They don’t seem to move at low speeds in my neighborhood, but they do when I turn into my neighborhood from the highway.
Could you post a photo of your window sticker? I am looking to confirm if Ford lists the feature as just projector headlamps led or does it include the words dynamic bending or adaptive as well.
Here is mine.

Ford F-150 Disabling adaptive headlamps with Dynamic Bending Headlights (502A and Up)? 5AB432B0-5056-40A4-BF1D-AE94A0DFAA6D

Last edited:

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
I've got the 502A but haven't had a chance to test out anything yet, as the dealer still has my truck.

I have however had a chance to go over my paperwork and my window sticker doesn't mention Dynamic Bending Headlamps at all. In fact, it doesn't even mention LED headlamps. Just auto high beam and auto on/off.

The only place I have found that mentions I should have LED Projection and Dynamic Bending is in the sales blurb for the 502A build package.

Ford F-150 Disabling adaptive headlamps with Dynamic Bending Headlights (502A and Up)? Untitled2
Ford F-150 Disabling adaptive headlamps with Dynamic Bending Headlights (502A and Up)? Untitled

Sponsored

Dybalr

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 platinum
I've got the 502A but haven't had a chance to test out anything yet, as the dealer still has my truck.

I have however had a chance to go over my paperwork and my window sticker doesn't mention Dynamic Bending Headlamps at all. In fact, it doesn't even mention LED headlamps. Just auto high beam and auto on/off.

The only place I have found that mentions I should have LED Projection and Dynamic Bending is in the sales blurb for the 502A build package.

Untitled2.png
Untitled.png
Thanks. I’d be curious to see if you even have projector headlamps as advertised. I am contacting my dealer on Monday as this isn’t making sense. Is this standard equipment on these trim levels or not, and what happens if the feature isn’t preset?

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Thanks. I’d be curious to see if you even have projector headlamps as advertised. I am contacting my dealer on Monday as this isn’t making sense. Is this standard equipment on these trim levels or not, and what happens if the feature isn’t preset?
Based on the look of the headlight assy, I did receive LED lamps of some sort but I don't know for certain that they are projector type. However they are certainly not halogen.

PT1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21’ Platinum F150
Could you post a photo of your window sticker? I am looking to confirm if Ford lists the feature as just projector headlamps led or does it include the words dynamic bending or adaptive as well.
Here is mine.

5AB432B0-5056-40A4-BF1D-AE94A0DFAA6D.jpeg
They must not put the “dynamic bending” part on the window stickers. Mine is the same as yours, however, when I get in and start my truck if you are close to a wall or something, you can see the headlights “cycle” up and down.

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I have a 502a Lariat. It is not in my vehicle settings/lighting menu. But it also isn’t in the on-screen owners manual. I think I have the feature, but we don’t have the ability to turn it off. That mat be an older capability that is in a printed manual but not in the most current electronic one.

Dybalr

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 platinum
I have a 502a Lariat. It is not in my vehicle settings/lighting menu. But it also isn’t in the on-screen owners manual. I think I have the feature, but we don’t have the ability to turn it off. That mat be an older capability that is in a printed manual but not in the most current electronic one.
Do your lights go through a “sequence” when they first come on? From my understanding that is how you can tell you have them.

Sponsored

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Do your lights go through a “sequence” when they first come on? From my understanding that is how you can tell you have them.
I think so. I have a 502a Lariat for sure, so I should have them, right?

Aaron34

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum PB (on order 1/3/23)
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher
I’ve got the 502A with the projectors. Mine do the aiming sequence on startup and I have witnessed them bending during a turn. It won’t do it at low speeds, but turning in my neighborhood residential streets I can definitely tell. Around 15-20 mph.

My wife’s Subaru has them as well, and it’s much more noticeable and moves more mechanically on that. The Ford does seem to be more of a “bend” as advertised.

Dybalr

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 platinum
I’ve got the 502A with the projectors. Mine do the aiming sequence on startup and I have witnessed them bending during a turn. It won’t do it at low speeds, but turning in my neighborhood residential streets I can definitely tell. Around 15-20 mph.

My wife’s Subaru has them as well, and it’s much more noticeable and moves more mechanically on that. The Ford does seem to be more of a “bend” as advertised.
What does your lighting settings a look like? Do you have the ability to turn them on and off? Did you window sticker specifically say dynamic bending or just that the headlights were led projectors?

JGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
My 502A has the Adaptive option on the set up screen
Ford F-150 Disabling adaptive headlamps with Dynamic Bending Headlights (502A and Up)? thumbnail_20210328_100142_resized
Sponsored