Sponsored

Disabled Rear Braking Assist

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
After having the rear braking assist suddenly apply the brakes while backing into my garage for the third time, this time causing the vehicle to slide on the ice and almost hit the door frame, I disabled the rear raking assist. I have no idea why brakes were applied, there was nothing the truck could have hit, so it was time to make sure this doesn't happen again. I went through all of the settings and features , and I now have deactivated the crap that I can't see any purpose in having, and that only annoys me. I guess that I am old school, I actually want to drive my vehicle, without unnecessary gadgets that interfere with my driving.
Sponsored

Last edited:

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
Yeah I'm tempted to turn it off as well. There's been a few times where I've been trying to snuggle into a tight spot, or back into a spot with a tree or a pole directly behind where the truck has suddenly jammed on the brakes.

Darkjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, CR-V
Occupation
God of Tech
I have yet to actually have mine work. I guess not have a garage stall is good for now.

67440dodge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 XL on order 67 Dodge Coronet 440
Occupation
Retired
I had to disable it on my Ram due to it locking the brakes because it thought the slope of the driveway was an obstacle and slamming on the brakes. Move 2 more feet, lock.. 2 more lock til I finally got past the point and it let me up.

OP
OP

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The really annoying part, is that every time I shift into reverse, I get alarms, total stupidity by Ford.

Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
The really annoying part, is that every time I shift into reverse, I get alarms, total stupidity by Ford.
It stopped me from running into low concrete post. After driving for longer than most on here have been alive, I still use mirrors backing up. I just can't break the habit and start looking at the camera. Anyway I was backing into a spot and it saved me a bumper. So hardly stupidity.

Sounds like y'all might want to get it checked out. You could have a bad sensor.

notabot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
It stopped me from running into low concrete post. After driving for longer than most on here have been alive, I still use mirrors backing up. I just can't break the habit and start looking at the camera. Anyway I was backing into a spot and it saved me a bumper. So hardly stupidity.

Sounds like y'all might want to get it checked out. You could have a bad sensor.
Dear Older than Dirt,

Mine is off after 1 un-initiated braking event. No thanks.

Learning to use the camera more and more but now I'm forgetting to check the mirrors too. WTH!!!! Help me Obi-Wan!

OP
OP

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

The rear brake assist is an attempt to idiot proof some incompetent drivers, but those of us that are capable of driving safely without this crap, find it more of a hazard than a benefit.
Sponsored