First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
I finally got around to tackling this today, and mine is completely different than KTM753's setup. My truck is a 2021 Job 1 Lariat Powerboost, so maybe they changed designs at some point due to chip shortages or something.

First, the cover for the seatbelt just gets ripped off. Use a screwdriver to pry the backside loose staring at the top, and then the two bottoms half get pulled apart. It looks like they are screwed together, but really it is just a barbed post:

Ford F-150 Disable Passenger Seatbelt Monitor System Remove Cover Cropped

My sensor was located vertically, behind the red release button. To get it loose I had to first pry up at the base (yellow arrows), and then apply pressure down away from the buckle while using something pointy to release the catch at the opposite end (teal arrows). Once I had both ends free, it still wouldn't slide free. Turns out the sensor itself has a "wedge" that catches on the frame. Use a small screwdriver to pry up on the sensor (not too hard so you don't damage the latching mechanism), and pull the sensor down and out.

Ford F-150 Disable Passenger Seatbelt Monitor System Remove Sensor

Once removed it can just be tucked under the seat. Now the sensor will never detect a state change and never alert. Takes about 3 minutes to put it back if I ever sell the truck.

Step 1 of making my truck dumber. Step 2 will be the hard override to force recirculation.
Sponsored