Sponsored

Difference?

Csvt18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150 SCEW (current), 2022 f150 (ordered)
Anyone notice a difference if you’ve done the same mods from an older f150 to a 21+? I had a level and 305/70r17 method wheels and tires on it.

My 2022 has same inch level and the same wheels and tires from the older truck. Is it just me or do these new ones ride rough if you change out tires and wheels? I can’t remember my 19 riding AS rough. I realize it’s more weight on the struts but dang. Did they use cheaper struts this time??

They’re 0 offset by the way. Could it be since they stuck the offset out further on the 21+ I feel bumps more since this set up is now more aggressive?
Sponsored

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
It’s hard to compare them vehicle for vehicle less you remove all the variables. Did you have the equivalent of the max tow package on your last truck? Just one package here or there can change the suspension response.

OP
OP

Csvt18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It’s hard to compare them vehicle for vehicle less you remove all the variables. Did you have the equivalent of the max tow package on your last truck? Just one package here or there can change the suspension response.
Yeah. Max tow on both. Same level. Same wheels and tires. Thinking it could be because the wheels are now more aggressive and stick out further. Or they used cheaper shocks. I dunno. I feel every bump though here in Michigan. Newly paved roads it rides awesome though.

OP
OP

Csvt18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Update: I played around in sport mode yesterday (5.0 motor), and it seemed like it was going over bumps even worse. Like the front end felt “looser” in sport mode. Put it back in normal and it felt more planted? Modes don’t affect shock dampening correct?
Sponsored