First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
looking at two different trucks and I am what are big/not so big differences.
Sponsored

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150, Soon to be 2021 hybrid
Unless Rain sensing wipers, dynamic bending lights, self drive "prep package", self parking, ability to get BO unleashed or Heated rear seats are priority for you get 501a. Only other big one I can think of is 502 gets bucket seats standard without paying extra.
Anyway I went with 501a and just added copilot assist and chrome packages as well as 360 cams. I couldn't justify the extra $~4k for the other stuff discussed.

Last edited:

21-502a

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 4x4 5.0L
I have a 502 and specifically selected the package for the following reasons (in order of importance to me):
Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0
Ventilated Seats
Full LED Headlights and Taillights
Power-Tilt Wheel

The other features are nice, but did not effect my decision.

OP
OP
diesel97

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
thanks, ^^^^^ tried to do a side by side and it was hard reading between the lines

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a 502 and specifically selected the package for the following reasons (in order of importance to me):
Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0
Ventilated Seats
Full LED Headlights and Taillights
Power-Tilt Wheel

The other features are nice, but did not effect my decision.
501 also has heated and ventilation front seats... I do wonder if I'll regret a couple things esp.. headlight upgrade / can't get upgraded sound system with 501.... But I poured over the two packages and don't think the other stuff would've been worth it to me. It was a tossup.... All that matters now is it's supposed to be built on Monday!

Sponsored

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
thanks, ^^^^^ tried to do a side by side and it was hard reading between the lines
I'm sure there are others but you also have to have 502 to get power running boards too

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Choose the 501A myself for these reasons:
- Did not want the chrome package (like less chrome) nor did I want the sport package (wasn’t a fan of any of the two toned seats)
- I never adjust my steering wheel and can handle manually doing it once when I take delivery.
- All Lariat trims have vented seats (my most important feature).
- Rain sensing wipers I can take or leave, not a big selling point.

I will miss the following but not so much as to drop the extra 3k (after adding in the parts I did want)
- Bending headlights and LED taillights.

Stuff I added in separately that would have been part of :
- CoPilot Assist 2.0 (includes 360 degree cameras also part of tow package so together not bad)
- Bucket seats with center console

What I’m not sure of is if the memory seats are only 502A... if so I guess i will miss that a little, but not much.

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
- Did not want the chrome package (like less chrome) nor did I want the sport package (wasn’t a fan of any of the two toned seats)
- I never adjust my steering wheel and can handle manually doing it once when I take delivery.

I will miss the following but not so much as to drop the extra 3k (after adding in the parts I did want)

- CoPilot Assist 2.0 (includes 360 degree cameras also part of tow package so together not bad)

What I’m not sure of is if the memory seats are only 502A... if so I guess i will miss that a little, but not much.
Looks like we had much the same line of thinking. Yes 501 says power pedal with memory and power driver seat with memory...

jesdamian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat

I bought the 501 because I didnt want to pay extra for some of the stuff they offered. I have memory seats and cool/heated seats

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
In Canada the bucket seats are standard with the base Lariat, which is the 501a. I went 501, because I don't want the power trim/tilt, or rain sensing wipers, or the co pilot , adaptive cruise or other electronics.

Sponsored

21-502a

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 4x4 5.0L
@Ron Congratulations on your arrival date... I didn’t realize the cooled seats came on the 501a, my apologies to @diesel97 .

Also for what it is worth I added the Moonroof and Sport package as well.

Last edited:

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
I am in Canada, not sure if same applies in the USA but adding the 502a is a no brainer IF you want all of the following 1) copilot assist which is over $1000 option in Canada 2) chrome or sport package which is a $1000 option in Canada 3) 2.7L engine which with the 502a has a $1500 discount in Canada. I wanted all three of these items so the 502a made far more sense. Also if you want the active drive prep package then you have to get the 502a as you can't get it as an option on the 501a. I also wanted that so my decision was made. From what my dealer told me also the trade in value will be quite a bit higher with 502a than 501a down the road, not sure what the truth is to that but all good lease deals up here are 502a because the residual is much better apparently. If you want to buy off the lot up here in Canada the 501a is very very hard to get, most vehicles on the lot are 502a.

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A PowerBoost
To those pointing out rain sensing wipers, isn't that standard? My 302A has them, I figured 302A and up came with them standard?

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
I am in Canada, not sure if same applies in the USA but adding the 502a is a no brainer IF you want all of the following 1) copilot assist which is over $1000 option in Canada 2) chrome or sport package which is a $1000 option in Canada 3) 2.7L engine which with the 502a has a $1500 discount in Canada. I wanted all three of these items so the 502a made far more sense. Also if you want the active drive prep package then you have to get the 502a as you can't get it as an option on the 501a. I also wanted that so my decision was made. From what my dealer told me also the trade in value will be quite a bit higher with 502a than 501a down the road, not sure what the truth is to that but all good lease deals up here are 502a because the residual is much better apparently. If you want to buy off the lot up here in Canada the 501a is very very hard to get, most vehicles on the lot are 502a.
The 501a and 502a are very different in Canada. Also the upgrade to the 502a in Canada is significantly cheaper in Canada. I think it about the only thing e get a great deal on.

OP
OP
diesel97

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Is the 502A "high" package the same as the 502A?
Sponsored