First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
So basically the truck has an internal power storage system like a battery that gets recharged and converted to AC current when needed?
Only Powerboosts have that setup. Non-Powerboosts just run an inverter so need to keep the engine running. (As far as I know, Tremors aren't available with a Powerboost engine, so I'm assuming that you don't have one of those.)
Sponsored

OP
OP

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Yah so the truck stayed off most of the time and when it kicked in was quiet as always.
If I were to ever use this longterm with a winter outage, I would park in the garage and attach my exhaust hose) initially bought for working on my old Mustangs) and let it run under the garage door so the truck would be safe from theft.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
You can view your usage on your phone. I turn off the screen and dim the other one for power outages. Welcome to the 'no power, no problem' club :)

It's also quiet so you don't attract unwanted attention in extended outages. Generator thefts are quite common in extended outages.
Are you referring to turning off the 12" display? If so how is that done? I have looked through all the settings/options and cant find a way to turn it off.

shooters1380

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Law enforcement
The engine runs as needed for Powerboost trucks as it is powered from the high voltage battery. If you have the 2kW system on a 2.7/3.5/5.0, the engine will run constantly untill you turn off generator mode.
Ok, that’s what I thought. I have the Tremor package with the smaller output system so mines the one that would sit there an run all day. I was afraid of that. Thanks brother.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Are you referring to turning off the 12" display? If so how is that done? I have looked through all the settings/options and cant find a way to turn it off.
physical button below it.

Sponsored

Henfield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 5.0,4x4,302Asport,
The function of the button isn't obvious...... Buttons on the F150 qualify as "Needs Improvement" in my book.

ESG406

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21F150 Hyb, 15ExpEL 2 '06 Esc Hyb 99&01elect Rngrs
Occupation
Retired
We have another use for the 7.2 Pro Power.
The 7.2 Pro Power has made our life a lot easier and we thought we would share our happy experience. A neighbor, Greg, is a Maple Syrup Producer here in western PA. In past years, he tapped some of our trees and we harvested with buckets. For those not familiar, this means buckets hang from spiles on the trees. In order to gather the sap, we poured contents of the buckets into 5 gallon pails and carry it out of the woods and then repeat as many times as needed to empty all 19 buckets. All the while trying to avoid tripping on fallen branches hidden under snow. Then we transferred sap from the pails into 10 gallon milk cans and transported those to Greg, who processed our sap along with his. Gathering sap is a lot of work, especially for a 78 and 89 year old couple! Boiling the sap and reducing it to syrup is also a lot of work. Depending on the sugar content of the sap, it can take 43 to 60 gallons of sap to produce one (1) gallon of syrup, and it takes significant time and a tremendous amount of firewood to keep the evaporator fired. We had 19 taps and our best year on buckets yielded 330 gallons of sap which resulted in 7 gallons of syrup for the season.

For the 2023 season, we had the Powerboost and the 7.2 Pro Power so we were able to increase the number of taps to 55 with tubing and were able to start the season earlier. The tubing runs along the fall line of the trees and empties into food grade barrels, one on each side of our driveway. When sap is running and the barrels fill, we drive the Powerboost down the driveway and power a submersible pump to pump the sap into a 128 gal tank in the truck bed. Then we drive to Greg’s sugarhouse and pump from the truck tank to his bulk tanks. Easy-Peasy! AND……Zone Lighting allows us to even gather after dark! This year we gathered 1,332 gallons of sap with relative ease, and produced 26 gallons of delicious Pure Maple Syrup.

Ford F-150 Didn't think I'd use it... but PowerBoost's Pro Power helping and working perfectly in our power outage Ed.JPG

Ford F-150 Didn't think I'd use it... but PowerBoost's Pro Power helping and working perfectly in our power outage IMG_2943.JPG

Ford F-150 Didn't think I'd use it... but PowerBoost's Pro Power helping and working perfectly in our power outage IMG_3010.JPG

Ford F-150 Didn't think I'd use it... but PowerBoost's Pro Power helping and working perfectly in our power outage IMG_3011.JPG

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Awesome story!

A Powerboosts potential utility is unlimited. That's a perfect example.

I recently hired a young fella with a skid-steer mulcher to de-brush a couple of acres of my place up on the road front.
The morning he arrived and unloaded his machine, I met him riding my SideXside. He asked if he could drive his skidsteer up to the barn or the house because he needed to sharpen the teeth on the mulching wheel. Seems his previous job had some unexpected steel and metal scraps hidden in the field and it nicked up the teeth.

I said no. Lol

But that I'll be right back.

Fetched the Powerboost and backed it up near his equipment. Got out and showed him the power outlets that he could plug his grinder into.

He politely stated that he didn't think it would work. He said his truck has electrical outlets too, but that the grinder needs way more power than those can provide.

I smiled. Said, just try it and let's see. :)

It was a big grinder. Lol

He pulled the trigger and ran it a few seconds. The look of dismay was priceless.

SomebodyInGNV

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 4WD 301A 3.5L w/ HDPP
Occupation
retired
We have another use for the 7.2 Pro Power.
The 7.2 Pro Power has made our life a lot easier and we thought we would share our happy experience. ...

This year we gathered 1,332 gallons of sap with relative ease, and produced 26 gallons of delicious Pure Maple Syrup.
This may be asking for too much information but how much does your product sell for? I assume you're selling it wholesale, in bulk? Or is it practical for small producers like yourself to package and sell it to end consumers? Maybe at a farmer's market?

ESG406

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21F150 Hyb, 15ExpEL 2 '06 Esc Hyb 99&01elect Rngrs
Occupation
Retired
Hello Chris,
We do this because we think it is a fun thing to do for a few weeks and use our syrup for gifts to family and friends. Greg, our neighbor, is a commercial producer and since he processes our sap, the yield is split 50-50 with him. Maple syrup is expensive because of the tremendous labor. Greg will burn 17-25 cords of wood in a season-he spends a lot of time all year felling dead trees and splitting logs to fire the evaporator. This year he had to harvest more wood several times to keep up. The sap is 1.4% to 2% sugar and it takes hours to boil off the water to become syrup. At 2%, it takes 43 gallons of sap to make 1 gallon of syrup and at 1.4% it takes 61.43 gallons of sap to make 1 gallon of syrup. Once you start boiling, you have to finish the load and often that can go to 3:00 am or more. Greg learned his craft from his grandfather. When he was still working his regular job, he used his vacation time during maple season so he could maintain the intensive workload. He sells directly to consumers and at fairs, etc and also wholesales to local retailers. He is active in the Northwest PA Maple Producers Association and often judges at regional fairs. You can visit https://pamaple.org if you want to learn more. I maintain a website for his wife, Chris, who is a Siberian Husky breeder, and have added a page about his syrup. http://www.maplelanesiberians.net/styled-7/index.html. He ships USPS Priority Mail so not terribly expensive-Maple syrup weighs 11 pounds/gallon. We love the maple syrup and not just for pancakes. When I make sticky buns, I use a cup of maple syrup instead of the traditional glaze. I also use it in recipes like sweet potato casseroles, on my cereal, over ice cream, and maple cream is fantastic on toast-no butter needed!
Thank you for asking and I hope you find this information entertaining and useful. I think everyone should experience the pleasure of pure maple syrup on their palate in their lifetime!

Cobraman428

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB 701A MT FX4
Occupation
VP of IT
So as some of you know it took me awhile to find the blue 6.5ft bed Platinum I was looking for
The only one I could find came with an FX4 and PowerBoost package, that I really didn't care for.
Of all the years living here we've only lost power a few times.

As I post this message I'm currently without power so I thought I would try out my PowerBoost truck and sure as 'you know what' it's working perfectly. I've got my servers running inside the house, my laptop, three monitors and all my networking is working perfectly. I'm able to continue my work.

Now granted I do not have a transfer panel. I am just running an extension cord to other extension cords to make everything work. But it's kind of cool and WAY quieter than my Generator I've owned for years.

20230330_121032.jpg

20230330_121055.jpg
I found this power cord worked well for me during my last power outage. Its flat so it goes over the tailgate and you can close the bed cover and have the tailgate closed in case its raining or snowing. I also like it because I can close my garage door too. Just my two cents.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D3GVYBB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

endorfin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Got my powerboost with 7.5K generator last April. My son lost power in NH for several days with temps hitting -25 F. We didn't want his pipes to freeze so I wired his oil furnace to an extension cord and plugged it into my truck. Heated his place for 3 days using 1/8 tank of fuel.
Sponsored