Sponsored

Didn’t know my engine was edible! I opened the hood for the first time to check fluid levels and found this. May have occurred in the Dearborn lot.

nsbreeding

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat 2021
Last month a Louisiana field rat (big sucker) was getting under my hood and actually got in the wife's mini-van. After it eating the poison pellets, RAT-X like it was candy, eating Mouse Repellent Shake Away (that's main ingredient is "mint" and it suppose to deter them by the smell), this was what worked: https://www.tomcatbrand.com/en-us/products/rats/tomcat-rat-snap-trap - place under the engine on the ground.

No fun dealing with the dead rat, but after 2 more weeks of having the traps out, nothing else has been caught, so hopefully I'm good for now.

Good luck!
Sponsored

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Last month a Louisiana field rat (big sucker) was getting under my hood and actually got in the wife's mini-van. After it eating the poison pellets, RAT-X like it was candy, eating Mouse Repellent Shake Away (that's main ingredient is "mint" and it suppose to deter them by the smell), this was what worked: https://www.tomcatbrand.com/en-us/products/rats/tomcat-rat-snap-trap - place under the engine on the ground.

No fun dealing with the dead rat, but after 2 more weeks of having the traps out, nothing else has been caught, so hopefully I'm good for now.

Good luck!
Can't agree with that device on the ground under your truck. UGADawg96's hood cat or someone's dog could be in a bad way with that out in the open.

EFudd

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Same thing happend to my F-350 tailgate wiring. Eaten by rodents...probably either at the Kentucky plant yard or during shipment. The service tech told me it's the soybean based wire covering that the rats and mice love to eat. There's actually a class action lawsuit for the same issue happening with Honda. Maybe the engine cover is soybean based...:unsure:

Sponsored

OP
OP
rvniner

rvniner

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Edge, 2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost 4X4
Occupation
Aviation Maintenance Technician Instructor
Same thing happend to my F-350 tailgate wiring. Eaten by rodents...probably either at the Kentucky plant yard or during shipment. The service tech told me it's the soybean based wire covering that the rats and mice love to eat. There's actually a class action lawsuit for the same issue happening with Honda. Maybe the engine cover is soybean based...:unsure:
Maybe, I hope a class action lawsuit isn’t required to get this properly addressed.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
There's really nothing Ford can or will do to properly address that a critter finds a component tasty.
Even a Porsche can be a victim of rodent damage. While some insurance policies will cover the repair, the manufacturer isn't likely to be held accountable.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; Lightning reserved
There’s a thread over on the Mach-E forum by a guy with a new GT who’s got over $4K worth of rat damage. They destroyed both of his headlight assemblies plus some wiring. It happened a couple weeks after he took delivery.

OP
OP
rvniner

rvniner

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
There’s a thread over on the Mach-E forum by a guy with a new GT who’s got over $4K worth of rat damage. They destroyed both of his headlight assemblies plus some wiring. It happened a couple weeks after he took delivery.
Ouch!

Sponsored

OP
OP
rvniner

rvniner

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Good afternoon, Jim! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into this engine concern for you on my end. Thanks!
Good afternoon, Jim! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into this engine concern for you on my end. Thanks!
I will do that when I figure how to send a private message. Maybe an admin could tell me how?
Thanks

Jim

quo155

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 F-150 Lariat SCrew
Occupation
Residential Designer
I will do that when I figure how to send a private message. Maybe an admin could tell me how?
Thanks

Jim
@rvniner
If on a computer...click on the "Ford Motor Company" name under their basic profile pic, it'll pull up a box where you will see an option to "Start Conversation"...click that and it'll pull you into sending them a private message.

BisonDude

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat, PB, FX4, 7.2kW
Marmots at Mineral King in Sequoia NP are so hungry for wire insulation the park service requires tarping like this when you park over night!
Ford F-150 Didn’t know my engine was edible! I opened the hood for the first time to check fluid levels and found this. May have occurred in the Dearborn lot. Sequoia-Mineral-King-marmot-tarps-1024x683

nsbreeding

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat 2021
Maybe, I hope a class action lawsuit isn’t required to get this properly addressed.
I thought I read (maybe on consumerreports.org) that lawsuit had been dismissed.
Sponsored