C_Low

C_Low

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport
I look forward to the warranty expiring so that I can do silly shit to my truck.

Or at least that’s what I always think, then I just keep everything stock.

With all the technology, if there’s lots of nonsense to deal with during the warranty period, I will either sell or trade before the factory warranty expires.

Otherwise, the fancy tech of today is the stuff that three years from now, there will be YouTube videos on how to fix or hack.
Yea I seem to trade in every 3-4 years. I don’t lease because I like to add level, tires, and stuff like that.
Sponsored

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Any idea how much a 8Y/100K bumper to bumper on a Plat w/ a $100 deductible? Do you get anything back if you don't use it?
About $1800 and yes you can get money back.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I will get the ESP premium care IF I find I'm going to keep past the basic warranty time period. That's pretty iffy but never say never.

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Yes I did. I also got it on my 2018.

Platimatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 701
I went with an extended warranty, only second time I've bought a warranty on a vehicle and I have bought alot of cars over the years. After keeping our Navigator for 15 years definitely saw the value of having a warranty which I did not have on it. Did not buy one for my Mustang GT I purchased new in '18. Bought one with my wife's E550, 2 years, and of course has not given us a single problem since we bought it as a CPO four years ago. Last year the E sedan got the TT V8. These trucks are so tech heavy though, esp in the higher end trims that I think it's worth it if you keep cars for a long time.

Sponsored

Old fart

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 F150 Lariat, 2018 Explorer, 1975 John Deere
Occupation
Retired
I purchased the Ford 8yr/85k $100 deductible ESP. Cost was $2650. That's on a F150 Lariat with most of the goodies. The cost was non-negotiable and did not vary between dealers.

asubpargamer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camry, Highlander, Tundra, Awaiting F150
Occupation
Electronic Technician
I plan on going through Ziegler like most people who buy an esp do here. If the dealer would match I will just do it through them but it’s highly unlikely they will price match!
I wasn't expecting my dealer to be able to come close, but I gave him the quote, which was $1850 with the Zeigler Payinfull discount. I told them if they could give it to me at the quoted price before the discount at $2100, I'd take it from them, and to my surprise the agreed.

Sponsored

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
I purchased the Ford 8yr/85k $100 deductible ESP. Cost was $2650. That's on a F150 Lariat with most of the goodies. The cost was non-negotiable and did not vary between dealers.
You paid way too much. I looked for the coverage at Ziegler and 7 year 85,000 was $1340 after “PAYINFULL” discount. That was with 100 deductible.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I was pretty explicit about not wanting anything added on by the dealer, including any plans or packages. Despite that, the finance guy made a half hearted attempt at selling some extended service plans.

The way it was laid out, you could get a second truck. Even their ‘basic’ plan which looked like the one people are getting here for $1K and change, would have added nearly $10K to the purchase price!!!!

I asked the finance guy how many people fall for it and he said most people do. Which is pretty sad. He wrote ‘declined’ on the sheet and had me initial it, so it must be like when you go to Chili’s and the waiter will get fired if they don’t ask you if you want whatever Margarita special is going on that week! He must have filled his quota for the time being because some of the people in this thread and the other ESP one are doing a better job of selling them.

One thing I didn’t see on the Ziegler website was any mention of DIY maintenance. Anyone know what the answer is regarding changing your own oil, filters, etc..?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Did you not check the price with the listed online Ford dealer ESP pricing?? Yours sounds way too high, I would look into cancelling that crap! The online ordering is the same Ford ESP warranty.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I was pretty explicit about not wanting anything added on by the dealer, including any plans or packages. Despite that, the finance guy made a half hearted attempt at selling some extended service plans.

The way it was laid out, you could get a second truck. Even their ‘basic’ plan which looked like the one people are getting here for $1K and change, would have added nearly $10K to the purchase price!!!!

I asked the finance guy how many people fall for it and he said most people do. Which is pretty sad. He wrote ‘declined’ on the sheet and had me initial it, so it must be like when you go to Chili’s and the waiter will get fired if they don’t ask you if you want whatever Margarita special is going on that week! He must have filled his quota for the time being because some of the people in this thread and the other ESP one are doing a better job of selling them.

One thing I didn’t see on the Ziegler website was any mention of DIY maintenance. Anyone know what the answer is regarding changing your own oil, filters, etc..?
I haven't looked lately but Ford had stated as long as you document it, DIY counts towards warranty.

M88265

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Silverado
Occupation
Retired
Did you not check the price with the listed online Ford dealer ESP pricing?? Yours sounds way too high, I would look into cancelling that crap! The online ordering is the same Ford ESP warranty.
I think the prices vary by state in florida a 6 year 125000 mile plan cost $3070 the same plan registered in Illinois is $1645. Doesn’t seem fair but the other online Ford esp don’t even quote florida.
Sponsored