Did the last OTA fix Zone lightning?

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
Got a message on FordPass about a month or so ago about zone lightning and to disable zone lightning to prevent a dead battery. Then nothing…..

With Fords poor communication about what is in their updates I don’t know if the issue has been addressed. Did the last OTA update remedy this problem?
Sponsored

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
What OTA? I say that because I have received not one yet.

OP
OP
flatag

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
There was an OTA update a couple weeks ago. Could be you have a newer version of software? Who knows with Ford.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My truck was built November of 2020. I’ve had a couple of software updates at the dealer for the cluster issue and also the integrated trailer brake issue? Those were done back in early March.

I was expecting to receive the zone lighting OTA fix but nothing so far. I’ve already had my battery replaced once.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
We don't know if the OTA update fixed zone lighting. The description was very vague.

Sponsored

RJ82

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Got a message on FordPass about a month or so ago about zone lightning and to disable zone lightning to prevent a dead battery. Then nothing…..

With Fords poor communication about what is in their updates I don’t know if the issue has been addressed. Did the last OTA update remedy this problem?
I got same in FordPass to disable...and did. And had one OTA update like many here a few weeks ago...and no clue what if anything was improved (and that bugs me).

Would sure as hell hope if Ford tells me to disable something until fixed...they would have same courtesy to provide an update when resolved.

Deleted member 2919

My truck was built November of 2020. I’ve had a couple of software updates at the dealer for the cluster issue and also the integrated trailer brake issue? Those were done back in early March.

I was expecting to receive the zone lighting OTA fix but nothing so far. I’ve already had my battery replaced once.
Did the dealer software update fix the myview resetting?

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did the dealer software update fix the myview resetting?
Unfortunately I can’t say for sure. I wasn’t having any myview resetting issues before I took it in.

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
I got the update a few weeks ago as well. I assume it fixed the problem. Haven’t had a problem and the complaints seem like they have disappeared.

Sponsored

ptricky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
The OTA update I received a few weeks back fixed the myview issues I was having. Hasn't reset since.
The OTA update applied a couple weeks ago didn't change MyView. Still resets, though perhaps it's a bit less frequent?
Can't speak to the gauges - I quit customizing those a couple resets ago.

Strongly considering reaching out to my local dealer to see if their update can be applied.

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A PowerBoost
The OTA update applied a couple weeks ago didn't change MyView. Still resets, though perhaps it's a bit less frequent?
Can't speak to the gauges - I quit customizing those a couple resets ago.

Strongly considering reaching out to my local dealer to see if their update can be applied.
That's odd... Maybe a different update? Mine reset multiple times daily, it was infuriating until I just stopped trying. When I saw the truck got an update, I tried again, and have been golden since..

Tigershot88

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum Black
Occupation
Welding
How can I tell if I got a update? I had the same message to turn off the zone lighting. I actually had the phantom battery problem happened once a week after I got the truck. Jump started the truck and took it in. Nothing wrong or found with it and I made sure the zone lighting is off. So for kicks looked up google on this issue and saw this forum. So let me know how to tell please and thanks.
And yes FORD please let us know and keep this problem and the rust problem in mind. FIASCOS!!!

sayers

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
retired
not sure if this will help, but technical service bulletin 21-2097 address this problem with the zone lighting. It looks like if your f150 was build before march 16th you almost have to take it into the dealer for a reprogram. its labeled discharged battery/ no crank. it was sent out on march 25th
Sponsored