Sponsored

Did I Screw Myself with Max Recline???

Jazroc56

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F1-50 Platinum, 2021 F 1-50 Platinum (ordered)
Occupation
Retired Army, Bartender
So I didn’t originally order max recline seats due to the late availability factor. When the recent information came out saying they would be available after 30- November, I changed my order. Now we’re hearing rumors about June availability. I’m not waiting till June!! Is it really possible that this option might not be available until June? Thoughts/insights?

Ford F-150 Did I Screw Myself with Max Recline??? A6C52823-1067-4FF3-AA5A-76E617334A30
Sponsored

SuvE

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
I ordered my truck on Wednesday with the max recline seats, and the system did not flag the order for it. It flagged the bed dividers, so I simply removed that from the order and resubmitted, and it went in just fine.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
The reps at my drive event in Dallas asked the question to their contacts on Wednesday when I drove the truck the first time. This morning when I went back for another drive they had received a response quoting the F-150 Brand Manager saying that the Max Recline seats will be available for production 3 weeks after OKB (Okay to Buy?), which they said would be early/mid November.

I sure hope this information is correct, rather than the June 2021 info.

I e-mailed my dealer to add them to my order as both my wife and I felt they were much more comfortable than the Lariat seats our KR 600A would have come with otherwise. The Multi-Contour seats from the 601A and higher packages were also very comfortable, and I was thoroughly impressed with the active motion massage. There was nothing wrong with the Lariat seats, they just felt like normal automotive seats, nothing special. They'd be fine, but testing them back-to-back with the Max Recline they weren't as comfortable.

The "T" Cushion at the top of the shoulders on the Max Recline seats that several people complained look funny actually adjusts in 3 positions moving forward to support your shoulders whether the seats are reclined or upright. I think they will support my shoulders much better on long drives, reducing shoulder and neck strain.
Sponsored