Sponsored

Did BlueCruise get pulled from 2022 trucks? Update: No, it didn't.

taggie313

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Limited (hopefully)
Maybe I'm dense, but I picked up my 2022 Limited last week and can't find *anything* that indicates BlueCruise is available on the 2022 trucks. When I go to the Early Access website, I'm told I don't have a qualifying vehicle.

When I look at my window sticker, there's zero mention of BlueCruise (unlike the 2021 window stickers I checked) and it doesn't seem to be listed on the product website anymore either.

Did I miss that deletion? If I'm wrong, why won't the EA website show an eligible vehicle?
Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Does it say Co-Pilot 360 Active 2.0 on your sticker?
Ford F-150 Did BlueCruise get pulled from 2022 trucks? Update: No, it didn't. 1649339037251

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I just test build the 2022 Limited on the Ford site and BlueCruise is part of the standard equipment it seems. What does your window sticker say?

OP
OP

taggie313

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See? I'm just dense. That seems to imply it's already installed (since it doesn't say "prep".) That might explain why I'm not able to get "Early Access"

Ford F-150 Did BlueCruise get pulled from 2022 trucks? Update: No, it didn't. 1649339523167

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Yea, I didn't think you could get a Limited without Copilot Active.

If you actually have the truck in your possession, you should turn it on? :)

You know you have it if you see the infrared cameras in the cockpit

Sponsored

OP
OP

taggie313

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yea, I didn't think you could get a Limited without Copilot Active.

If you actually have the truck in your possession, you should turn it on? :)

You know you have it if you see the infrared cameras in the cockpit
Pretty sure I have the cameras on the pillar and dash, but when I went to use active cruise control yesterday, it didn't offer hands-free. I'll do some more digging.

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
There are some other threads that talk about some OTA upgrade or Dealer Service upgrade to get BlueCruise active. I can't find them and too lazy to search.

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
Pretty sure I have the cameras on the pillar and dash, but when I went to use active cruise control yesterday, it didn't offer hands-free. I'll do some more digging.
Blue Cruise only works on select highways that Ford has mapped to the trucks internal nav. I bought a 2022 Tremor 402a on Oct 3rd. It was built June 2022, I bought it 3 hours from my hometown and had to drive on an interstate that is mapped for Blue Cruise. I got hands free driving on the way home but I had to touch the wheel like every 10 seconds, I now know this is because my sync software was not fully up to date. Now that it is, on designated highways, basically just the interstate around me, I get complete hands free driving. On any other road it's what I experienced on my initial drive home. It's hands free, but they expect you to keep your hands on the wheel, so if you don't, it nudges you every 10 seconds or so, not truly hands free since it is not a mapped road.

Make sure Blue Cruise is enabled in the settings, and that your sync is up to date, in the sync settings it will say how long hands free driving is good for. You need to keep getting updates to keep it active.
Sponsored