Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Pretty spectacular view. The whole thing was twinkling like ...nothing else.
IMG_0746.jpeg
That is just the sun actively trying to destroy all electronics on earth. Don't fall for its beauty!
Sponsored

OP
OP
IDK_PB

IDK_PB

First Name
kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CC Powerboost
Occupation
carpenter
oh, and I have dash cam footage of the drive. 5 people got pulled over within a few car lengths of me, but I don't speed (lol, on purpose) when traveling.

I usually think... if I speed up by 3 mph then 10 hour later I could potentially be 30 mins closer... but in 10 hours driving, I will stop for on avg 4.5 hours incl sleep, dog, food and fuel. 30 minutes could be lost in a longer nap or dog walk meanwhile speeding on long distance travel is stressful. Constant vigilance is rough.

Truck is fun to merge with 75mph traffic.
The ONLY electric on the trip was off-exit-to-gas-and-back-on - or when following the pilot car at road construction 14 miles.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I stick to +10 in these parts. We've got a state law that basically throws out any tickets +10mph and under. On the other hand I won't waste on opportunity to let someone who wants to drive 90 pass me by :) It's a carefully orchestrated maneuver where I usually let a little gap occur at overpasses and other potential hiding spots before catching back up. The reduced mileage is a small price to pay for the time.

OP
OP
IDK_PB

IDK_PB

First Name
kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CC Powerboost
Occupation
carpenter
I stick to +10 in these parts. We've got a state law that basically throws out any tickets +10mph and under. On the other hand I won't waste on opportunity to let someone who wants to drive 90 pass me by :) It's a carefully orchestrated maneuver where I usually let a little gap occur at overpasses and other potential hiding spots before catching back up. The reduced mileage is a small price to pay for the time.
it's funny the difference in states. on the east coast (I-95 corridor), the speed limit is meaningless and you MUST do 70mph minimum, no matter what is posted.
On Connecticut roads anything less than +15 is dangerously slow. Even on town roads, 25 means 40.

But in Montana, 80 means 83 and 25 means 25. I've lived beside the highway for 20 years and the only folks that go 90mph have Alberta plates. They seem very wealthy in Canada... fancy cars going super fast. hmmm.

Can't say the new PB likes my commute to town. I got 14mpg coming home 80mph up a mtn pass. Also These A/T tires suck so bad I barely make my driveway - need to buy actual A/T rubber.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
It's not really a Powerboost at 80mph.
But it IS an Ecoboost! So it's not all bad news.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
It's not really a Powerboost at 80mph.
But it IS an Ecoboost! So it's not all bad news.
If you are doing 80 and step on it till the limiter kicks in, will current not flow into the motor/generator?
Sponsored