First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
The powerboost's cab outlets are 20a aka 2.4kW. It wants the 'generator' button to be pressed for above 400w loads, but it's the same inverter doing the work. It's a bit arbitrary to push the button, but that's literally all that's required to get the max power out of them.

The gen button doesn't do anything outside of increasing the power output. The truck will output more wattage w/ out it, but it will soft trip saying to push the button. It's a fairly dumb requirement. I guess it's to let you know there's someone possibly hiding in the bed stealing your power ?? Beats me.
[/QUOTE
Can we use the 400W without turning on the truck? ACC mode which I think is pushing the start without the brake pressed? Generator mode requires the truck to be on I believe.
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I'd be surprised if it gives you anything at all on accessory alone. It runs off of the HV system, not the 12v. What happens in accessory is that the DCDC runs until HVB hits ~43% SOC and then turns off and uses the AGMs from that point forward.
Thus....
key accessory : DCDC turns on supplying 12v power until HVB hits ~43% SOC then silently switches to 12v AGM batteries. The only way to see this outside of monitoring the various pids via OB2 scanner is to have a voltmeter connected. If voltage > 13v, DCDC is on. When voltage falls below 13v AGMs have taken over.

key on: DCDC provides all 12v power, when HVB hits 43% SOC, ICE turns on and charges it back up. If 12v batt low, DCDC voltage is ~14.4-15.2v. If truck is happy with 12v SOC, DCDC will either cycle on / off or float at ~13.5v. If pedal is pressed a combination of DCDC and the belt driven starter generator will supply power in the 13.5v+ range.

If HVB temp is below 47f the SOC range is 43-56% or so. When HVB is warmer it may start using a 43-67% SOC range. The PID watching hawk ole @Snakebitten likely has more of the logic nailed down. I believe he'll get a neural link that pipes that info directly into the brain when available :ROFLMAO:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
If HVB temp is below 47f the SOC range is 43-56% or so. When HVB is warmer it may start using a 43-67% SOC range. The PID watching hawk ole @Snakebitten likely has more of the logic nailed down. I believe he'll get a neural link that pipes that info directly into the brain when available :ROFLMAO:
What I don't know is how YOU know the things you know without monitoring all the PIDs? 🤔🤣
You have sources and specs that I can't find. (And it's not the 18,000 page service manual, because I look)

The PIDs absolutely verify the 43-56% SOC until the truck's got some heat in it. But I didn't read that anywhere. Lol

And then it increase to ~43-63%, not including regenerative braking, which does indeed extend beyond 63%.

Oh, and you finally got me to look into the math regarding KW/HP and the fact that my HV current(amps) PID appeared to be off by exactly 50%. And indeed it was. The very similar labeled HV current (amps) PID in the SAE library reads double the current/amps value and matches the math perfectly!

Now I'm seeing everything representing watts/Volts/Amps in wonderful Harmony. Thanks for being patient with me.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What I don't know is how YOU know the things you know without monitoring all the PIDs? 🤔🤣
Just a couple forscan recordings while playing with things. When a man has questions, he seeks answers!

I randomly stumble on info here and there as well. There's supposed to be a new Ai tool that combines one's browsing history with a LLM so that you can hit a button and ask it about something you'd seen previously and doing its LLM magic it will go back and find what you had come across and process it in its analytical / explanatory methodology it has so I'll be able to reference things I've come across even faster :)

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
I'd be surprised if it gives you anything at all on accessory alone. It runs off of the HV system, not the 12v. What happens in accessory is that the DCDC runs until HVB hits ~43% SOC and then turns off and uses the AGMs from that point forward.
Thus....
key accessory : DCDC turns on supplying 12v power until HVB hits ~43% SOC then silently switches to 12v AGM batteries. The only way to see this outside of monitoring the various pids via OB2 scanner is to have a voltmeter connected. If voltage > 13v, DCDC is on. When voltage falls below 13v AGMs have taken over.

key on: DCDC provides all 12v power, when HVB hits 43% SOC, ICE turns on and charges it back up. If 12v batt low, DCDC voltage is ~14.4-15.2v. If truck is happy with 12v SOC, DCDC will either cycle on / off or float at ~13.5v. If pedal is pressed a combination of DCDC and the belt driven starter generator will supply power in the 13.5v+ range.

My Fluke 87 and a few minutes going through the PPoB modes confirm your description. 3 modes are available. OFF Mode: 0.0Vac at all receptacles. Low Power Mode: 120.0Vac present at A circuit receptacles 400W max. Generator Mode: 120.0Vac present at A and B circuit receptacles. 2400W for the standard outlets and 3600W per leg for the 30A twist lock with both legs added making 240Vac and 7200W.

*note - Vehicle must be on i.e. Push to Start while brake pedal depressed to have any AC present.

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
*note - Vehicle must be on i.e. Push to Start while brake pedal depressed to have any AC present.
Actually you can remote start it and then just press the ignition button, no brake required ;)

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
Just when I thought I was doing good too! Wait, fumble in your pocket for the fob or hope Ford Pass works, then push the ignition button. Meh, left hand on brake pedal right hand pushes the button and I'm in business. Another fun part of owning this truck is I don't need to buy DC powered things. I have a cool little Rigid wet/dry vac shaped like a tool box instead of round that has a nice long AC power cord. Works better than a weak cigarette adapter vacuum lol. I'm shopping for a small AC powered air compressor as well. I have a strong DC powered one with battery clips etc. but it heats up quickly under load. That goes in the Outback...

I noticed zero cred for my quality multimeter. I smell AI ;)

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just when I thought I was doing good too! Wait, fumble in your pocket for the fob or hope Ford Pass works, then push the ignition button. Meh, left hand on brake pedal right hand pushes the button and I'm in business. Another fun part of owning this truck is I don't need to buy DC powered things. I have a cool little Rigid wet/dry vac shaped like a tool box instead of round that has a nice long AC power cord. Works better than a weak cigarette adapter vacuum lol. I'm shopping for a small AC powered air compressor as well. I have a strong DC powered one with battery clips etc. but it heats up quickly under load. That goes in the Outback...

I noticed zero cred for my quality multimeter. I smell AI ;)
Your phone can start it too FWIW -- just press your fingerprint reader, hit ford app, press and hold to start. Usually completed by the time you get down the stairs or hallway ;)

As for the hand-brake-start method. Yes, I'm familiar with that too :ROFLMAO:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Since you do have a Fluke 87, the first question that comes to my mind is why does he have that meter? 🤔

I can't make myself do it.
Tempted 1000 times.
But you did

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
It's what I use at work(well, the youngsters do now lol) among other pieces of calibrated test equipment to certify Instrument Landing Systems, communication systems, and a host of other things to help make the flight from where you are to where you're going uneventful. I like it.:)

Sponsored

OP
OP
IDK_PB

IDK_PB

First Name
kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CC Powerboost
Occupation
carpenter
Be careful with Sig in MA, CT and NY, unless you have out-of-state LTC. These states don't recognize MT license. Hell, they don't recognize any state.
Good Advice. The rules of each state are must know!

Licensed in multiple states including CT, I do not travel in MA and only in NY, or NJ by explicitly passing directly through the state without stopping when traveling between the two places I legally own/carry, e.g. Directly from house to house. FOPA.

Just 2nd-ing your good advice.

Reactions: sbi

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This map goes more and more green each year :) -- it's only a matter of time. It's unfortunate that the parking lots of federal buildings including the USPS are the best spots to find guns. I can't really even name someone who I associate with that doesn't carry. Everyone in my family is armed and proficient.

Ford F-150 Did 2400 miles on the East Coast, Tomorrow 2400 miles to Montana... 1682381303630

Ford F-150 Did 2400 miles on the East Coast, Tomorrow 2400 miles to Montana... Right_to_Carry,_timeline

Last edited:
OP
OP
IDK_PB

IDK_PB

First Name
kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CC Powerboost
Occupation
carpenter
I made it, just over 48 hours. Here are the stats... and my neighborhood.

2023 Powerboost (Highway Speed Limit +/-3mph) Cross-Country Trip Totals:
=========================

Distance: 2,250 miles
Time: 35 driving hours
51 total travel hours - (sleep, fuel, walk dog)
Gallons: 91
Cost: $325 (plus tolls on ezpass, prob $50 will look)
MPG: 19.8

There are a few more images to follow but here's the trip data a few miles short.

Ford F-150 Did 2400 miles on the East Coast, Tomorrow 2400 miles to Montana... IMG_0789

OP
OP
IDK_PB

IDK_PB

First Name
kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CC Powerboost
Occupation
carpenter
Coolest thing I've ever seen:

Stopped for gas outside Bismarck ND and just as I got back on the hwy - there it was!
I stopped at the next exit and took these pics. A state trooper pulled up and we talked about how often he sees them. it was 21F at midnight and I had left Chicago area at 5am...I prefer to pass 900 miles in one day or the 3rd day is just too far.

Pretty spectacular view. The whole thing was twinkling like ...nothing else.
Ford F-150 Did 2400 miles on the East Coast, Tomorrow 2400 miles to Montana... IMG_0746
Ford F-150 Did 2400 miles on the East Coast, Tomorrow 2400 miles to Montana... IMG_0750
Ford F-150 Did 2400 miles on the East Coast, Tomorrow 2400 miles to Montana... IMG_0751

OP
OP
IDK_PB

IDK_PB

First Name
kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CC Powerboost
Occupation
carpenter
You'll like this one and it prob happened because I said something about driving my truck fast in the beginning of this post but... check the last photo!

The dog and I hit MT200 early. It's a roller-coaster of a Montana two-lane. Limit is 70 which is doable, if you hold on. There are so many ups and downs. You're FLYING up an incline, you can't see anything ahead... you catapult over the top to a view 100 miles ahead but immediately plummet down another hill losing the view. It's hard not to actually make the same noises you'd make at a fair. It's fun but ...
Tractor-trailers come head on also at 70+ and there is no messing around. Two hands on.. is why we finger wave alot. Dangerous as hell to let go. I think this photo is around ...maybe Jordan MT.. or before.. middle of nowhere MT.

Ford F-150 Did 2400 miles on the East Coast, Tomorrow 2400 miles to Montana... IMG_0766

Lewistown had lots of snow on their Main Street still, foreshadowing my own yard... as the snow was present across ND and MT.

Ford F-150 Did 2400 miles on the East Coast, Tomorrow 2400 miles to Montana... IMG_0774

Well, Here ya go:

I got pulled over for the first time in 35 years.
It was..and wasn't my fault. Let me preface by saying, MT highway patrol are the nicest and I am nice, with nothing to hide and glad to be in my home state, and appreciative of our LEO's. So, I greeted the officer with a big smile... I think of it like..if I'm guilty I might as well take my lashes and move on, no sense in arguing.)

Apparently despite the fact my FORD SAID the speed limit is 70.
The officer's car was parked AT the 70 sign so anyone doing 70 before the sign is speeding. Anyway, I really didn't know exactly where 70 resumed, looked at my dash and it showed 70, so I put on Cruise.. and booked it right past the Trooper. (It was only 1/4 mile difference but, point made)

She agreed with me that her personal vehicle also shows 70 there and let me go.
A very friendly exchange.
btw: I did pull over and stop when I saw her pull out with lights on (I waited for her, signal on) I had my ID ready, not insurance or reg, just ID. I got the other papers when asked. I used military politeness and said yes ma'am. The fact our troopers seem to be safety motivated (as opposed to financially motivated) makes for a calmer experience.

Ford F-150 Did 2400 miles on the East Coast, Tomorrow 2400 miles to Montana... IMG_0775
Sponsored