First Name
kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CC Powerboost
Occupation
carpenter
Leaving for home tomorrow. Got truck in PA. mid-March and visited family for 2,400 miles local upstate NY, CT & Mass with a few trips to PA. The past two months are reflected in the Trip Data: (I drive like it like I stole it pretty much 24/7 so of course I turned off data and analytics sharing)

Ford F-150 Did 2400 miles on the East Coast, Tomorrow 2400 miles to Montana... IMG_0684

We are all set:

We (me, Sig-Sauer and a dog) travel light. I've done the drive from Montana to the East Coast and back for over a decade. I'm not a huge fan. I rarely stay in hotels, considering it a huge waste of time and money. Typically, I stop for the dog to stretch and to get petrol. I sleep up to 8 hours comfortably in the back of the truck, where I also cook my food. It is a 34 hour drive from house to house and it takes about 55 hours. We prefer Cabelas to Walmarts <---never use, too many meth weirdos - Pilot, Love's, TA, these are our homes for the next 72.

Ford F-150 Did 2400 miles on the East Coast, Tomorrow 2400 miles to Montana... IMG_0676

I'm hoping, if I post this now, then I will come back and update how the trip miles were.
Also, in a few months, we can compare how Montana hwy @ 80mph 24/7 compares to the initial East Coast figures above.

22.5 MPG with 20% electric.

Wish me luck. I'm not in it for the adventure, just getting home safely. [2,450 miles door to door]

Ford F-150 Did 2400 miles on the East Coast, Tomorrow 2400 miles to Montana... IMG_0685

Ford F-150 Did 2400 miles on the East Coast, Tomorrow 2400 miles to Montana... IMG_0674

Can't wait to get back to my SXS adventures, undeveloped land (7.2Kw) and travel trailer (plug-in) with this new PB.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their cars.
Leaving for home tomorrow. Got truck in PA. mid-March and visited family for 2,400 miles local upstate NY, CT & Mass with a few trips to PA. The past two months are reflected in the Trip Data: (I drive like it like I stole it pretty much 24/7 so of course I turned off data and analytics sharing)
IMG_0684.jpeg

We are all set:

We (me, Sig-Sauer and a dog) travel light. I've done the drive from Montana to the East Coast and back for over a decade. I'm not a huge fan. I rarely stay in hotels, considering it a huge waste of time and money. Typically, I stop for the dog to stretch and to get petrol. I sleep up to 8 hours comfortably in the back of the truck, where I also cook my food. It is a 34 hour drive from house to house and it takes about 55 hours. We prefer Cabelas to Walmarts <---never use, too many meth weirdos - Pilot, Love's, TA, these are our homes for the next 72.

IMG_0676.jpeg

I'm hoping, if I post this now, then I will come back and update how the trip miles were.
Also, in a few months, we can compare how Montana hwy @ 80mph 24/7 compares to the initial East Coast figures above.

22.5 MPG with 20% electric.

Wish me luck. I'm not in it for the adventure, just getting home safely. [2,450 miles door to door]

IMG_0685.jpeg

IMG_0674.jpeg

Can't wait to get back to my SXS adventures, undeveloped land (7.2Kw) and travel trailer (plug-in) with this new PB.
LOL, not in it for the adventure. We wish you safe travels though. What sort of stuff are you able to cook up in your truck, any recipes we can try?

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I hope you followed break in procedure by having random engine RPMs. Break in the engine w/ varying RPMs and not a static speed for long distances.

ScottsXLT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
You could even use an electric throw blanket for the cold nights in the back…Lol. Have a safe trip!

Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
...The past two months are reflected in the Trip Data: (I drive like it like I stole it pretty much 24/7 so of course I turned off data and analytics sharing)
I hope you followed break in procedure by having random engine RPMs...
He likely did a fair amount of varying RPM and throttle position if my understanding of the idiom is correct.

However, I’ve never liked the saying; since if I stole a car, I would be driving exactly the speed limit, using my blinker to change lanes 100 yards in advance and stopping for 2 Mississippi’s at stop signs! 😜

OP
OP
IDK_PB

IDK_PB

First Name
kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CC Powerboost
Occupation
carpenter
However, I’ve never liked the saying; since if I stole a car, I would be driving exactly the speed limit, using my blinker to change lanes 100 yards in advance and stopping for 2 Mississippi’s at stop signs! 😜
Yep, I followed a nice break-in and for the most part I drive reasonably. There is something about the pushy east coast driving that irks the road pope in me...and I often set off the forward collision assist warnings.

In Montana, there is never an opportunity to speed - it's straight 45 miles to town with no one else on the road. There is no traffic, no stop lights, no pressure and no competition to get somewhere.

If I did drive it like I stole it.. I would probably drive it into the back of a box truck or into a garage and NOT drive it. So, I'm glad to own this outright and feel free to override the warnings by pressing harder on the accelerator.

..and we're off.

Ry55

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 King Ranch Powerboost SuperCrew 6.5'
Vaya con Dios, Powerbooster!

OP
OP
IDK_PB

IDK_PB

First Name
kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CC Powerboost
Occupation
carpenter
NY to Chicago… roughly the speed limit…got gas once.
mileage just keeps dropping. 30% home.
Ford F-150 Did 2400 miles on the East Coast, Tomorrow 2400 miles to Montana... IMG_0713
Ford F-150 Did 2400 miles on the East Coast, Tomorrow 2400 miles to Montana... IMG_0717
Ford F-150 Did 2400 miles on the East Coast, Tomorrow 2400 miles to Montana... IMG_0719

Sponsored

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
Quite the non-adventure sir! I think using generator mode counts against the mileage number it spits out. I wouldn't worry about it. Interesting your Sport 4x4 came with different wheels than mine🤷‍♂️

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Be careful with Sig in MA, CT and NY, unless you have out-of-state LTC. These states don't recognize MT license. Hell, they don't recognize any state.

GregBC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0L 302A Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Retired US Navy; currently DND
Can the console outlet feed enough power for the kettle? Or do you have to plug it in the back to boil first? (I thought all interior plugs were 400w even in PB’s, haven’t tried using anything on them other than phone charging)
NY to CHI in one shot is pretty solid! Safe travels!

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Can the console outlet feed enough power for the kettle? Or do you have to plug it in the back to boil first? (I thought all interior plugs were 400w even in PB’s, haven’t tried using anything on them other than phone charging)
The powerboost's cab outlets are 20a aka 2.4kW. It wants the 'generator' button to be pressed for above 400w loads, but it's the same inverter doing the work. It's a bit arbitrary to push the button, but that's literally all that's required to get the max power out of them.

The gen button doesn't do anything outside of increasing the power output. The truck will output more wattage w/ out it, but it will soft trip saying to push the button. It's a fairly dumb requirement. I guess it's to let you know there's someone possibly hiding in the bed stealing your power ?? Beats me.
Sponsored