First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
So sorry to hear that happened. Ford should put a priority on the replacement.
Sponsored

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
Oh man! So sorry to hear this!! Definitely call or write Ford to tell them what happened. Hopefully they will turn it into a happy story.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Bummer! Was it a PB by chance? I don’t see any badging so guessing not. Not that PB would be any more susceptible or that your truck was even the source, just thinking as throughly burned out as it is, it reminds me of photos of cars after a lithium fire.... maybe just because the body is aluminum.

sorry to see that, especially after being so close to having it. Hope it works out for the best in the end.

Last edited:

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
That is horrible. Sorry to see such a beautiful truck destroyed by fire.

Ford F-150 Devastated. RIP Week Old F-150 Destroyed by Fire Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 9.25.28 AM

Sponsored

bulger81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Im curious if Ford will want to look at the truck to see what happened. It’s possible someone else’s car caused this fire. i got gap insurance from my auto insurance company.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Ummm, any idea what caused the fire?
No need for others to point fingers at the F150 itself as the cause of the fire ?.

I think the OP left out too many details.

As far as what he or she can or should do? The answer is very simple.…..

Call your insurance company.

TheOne

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT, 2015 Mustang Ecoboost convertible 50 Year Appereance Package
Occupation
Work
Was is it a PowerBoost truck

Last edited:

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Im curious if Ford will want to look at the truck to see what happened. It’s possible someone else’s car caused this fire. i got gap insurance from my auto insurance company.
Perfect situation for GAP insurance.

Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Not sure , but to me I'm guessing brake fire on the transport truck.
Combined with leaking hydraulics, which a lot of them have and it could very easily result in OP's disastrous delivery. It could have been smoldering for a while before the driver noticed. Knew of one driver that didn't know he lost an entire Escalade until the highway patrol tracked him down. Same driver would steal brake fluid from garages to top off his leaky hydraulics.

Hopefully there will be a legitimate investigation, since this shouldn't be happening with new vehicles.

OP
OP

texag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Silverado
Was away over the weekend enjoying San Diego (best town in CA IMO) with the family while trying to keep my mind off the truck. To answer a few questions no power boost, was a 3.5 eco. Still working through the insurance process but am expecting to get FRV. Still no indication on whether it was the truck or the transport trailer that caused the fire. Planning on submitting a new order early this week. Really sucks that I’m going to have to go through this entire process all over again. Would love to find a Ford contact to discuss the possibility of being bumped up if at all possible. Those 700 miles I put on it in a week was awesome.

KiloWhiskey

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PB XLT(Ordered 1/21/2021[still waiting])
Occupation
Military (Ret)
Brother, the rage and anger I feel for you; only another veteran would understand. I am so sorry. Im sick to my stomach thinking about this.

OP
OP

texag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Silverado
too soon.
Haha I got a pretty good kick out of that. Actually that exact thought popped into my head.

On the bright side this redo gives me a chance to add tow mirrors.

Also if you’re in TX I can’t recommend Jorge Lopez at Tomball Ford near enough. Dude has been amazing with my initial order back in Mar and now taking care of me after this disaster. Great no BS guy who shoots you straight and doesn’t play games. He’s got himself a return customer going forward.
Sponsored