I need that ford contact to put me up a few from 19. LOL

Sponsored

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks, is a 2 priority good or bad
The lower the number the better.

When your dealer submits your order they can give it a priority of 10-19. Dealer stock orders are given priority 20-80.

Priority 01-09 can only be assigned by a dealer zone rep or higher up at Ford internally.

So yea, having a priority of 02 is almost the top.

Did you get a Vin# yet? If not, when was your order assigned Priority 02?

Roll.Tide

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
The lower the number the better.

When your dealer submits your order they can give it a priority of 10-19. Dealer stock orders are given priority 20-80.

Priority 01-09 can only be assigned by a dealer zone rep or higher up at Ford internally.

So yea, having a priority of 02 is almost the top.

Did you get a Vin# yet? If not, when was your order assigned Priority 02?
No VIN yet, originally ordered 6/16, at that time it was a priority 10. Then on on 7/8 I was told that Ford was out of Kodiak Brown paint so I had to choose another color, that order to was a priority 10. Then on 7/23 I called the dealer to see if I could make a change, I wanted to add the 3.55 locking axel. Made he change goy the new DORA late Thursday and now a priority 2. It’s a small dealership that uses an outside company, Automotive Management Concepts to place their orders with Ford.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I seem to remember seeing a post on here recently about dealers being able to specify a preference for whether the vehicle being ordered is built in KC or Dearborn. Is that right? Does it make sense to request Dearborn or are build times the same there as at KC?

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I seem to remember seeing a post on here recently about dealers being able to specify a preference for whether the vehicle being ordered is built in KC or Dearborn. Is that right? Does it make sense to request Dearborn or are build times the same there as at KC?
It depends on what you order. Some engines and some colors are only at one of the two plants. That is why you can't order a space white powerboost. Space white is KC and PB is Dearborn for example.

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Depends on color, options, and cab/bed configuration. Some are plant specific, some are universal.

Just to give you a few examples, Space White, Race Red and Guard are all KC only colors. Smoked Quartz and Kodiak Brown are DTP only. ALL Regular cab 6.5' and 8' and Super Cab with 8' bed are KC only. Tremor, Limited, Raptor and Platinum are DTP only.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bbass5

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
So @Antimatter Tremor - once we have a VIN, how often should I check the tracker? Everyday Friday afternoon? Or should the Ford website/tracker update more frequently?

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So @Antimatter Tremor - once we have a VIN, how often should I check the tracker? Everyday Friday afternoon? Or should the Ford website/tracker update more frequently?
Thursday evening or you'll just drive yourself crazy like the rest of us do to ourselves ?

Jcway16

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
I just ordered my truck on 8/19

XLT, SPORT, SCREW, 5.5’, 5.0, etc

My sheet shows the following:
Priority code: 80
Order code: 0819

I’m going to go in to switch color from Carbonized Gray to Agate Black, add FX4 and wheel well liners

What should I make sure with the dealer to make sure my build is at the highest priority and such?

JonasBailer

First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, Subaru Ascent
Sorry if this is a stupid question, as I've never ordered a vehicle before. What's in it for the dealership that places the order? Where I live near Seattle, 2 dealerships in my area are selling F150's for $7500-$10000 over the window sticker price and were more than happy to show me the door when I balked at that price. One told me didn't care if I left because he knew for sure he'd sell the car later today anyway to someone else. If I place a custom order online though, is the dealer going to try to mark it up like this? Where in the process is the price agreed on?

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Sorry if this is a stupid question, as I've never ordered a vehicle before. What's in it for the dealership that places the order? Where I live near Seattle, 2 dealerships in my area are selling F150's for $7500-$10000 over the window sticker price and were more than happy to show me the door when I balked at that price. One told me didn't care if I left because he knew for sure he'd sell the car later today anyway to someone else. If I place a custom order online though, is the dealer going to try to mark it up like this? Where in the process is the price agreed on?
https://joinyaa.com/deal-school/
Sponsored