Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 pending ,2010f150 1976,1966,1962,1952f10
Occupation
Us post office
Ask for Priority 10 on your order.
The priority codes do not carry as much weight as you would think. Priority codes of 20 to 80 are dealer stock.10 to 19 usually are customers orders and 9 to 1 are mostly associated with corporate. I've been a priory 1 since December and still have no build date
Sponsored

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
The priority codes do not carry as much weight as you would think. Priority codes of 20 to 80 are dealer stock.10 to 19 usually are customers orders and 9 to 1 are mostly associated with corporate. I've been a priory 1 since December and still have no build date

Also, this carries NO weight outside of your dealers orders. If you're a 10 at one dealership, it doesn't make any difference against a 19 at another. It's how important you are to the orders from your dealership. Supply constraints take over from there.

Nitemair

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 pending ,2010f150 1976,1966,1962,1952f10
Occupation
Us post office
I have a KR order placed in OCT 2021. It’s at priority code 02. A few weeks back I asked my dealer to delete the spray-in bedliner. He said he is unable to delete anything since it’s at 02. Is this correct?
yes it's true. Priority codes of 9 or higher are set by corporate. I'm told. And cannot be change without canceling the order and starting over

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 F150 Platinum PB
My priority 10 at Chapman was scheduled and my cancelled Priority 2 from Koons never was. End of the day, dealer allocations (and commodity constraints) are what makes the biggest difference.

DANJENS

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford e350, Ford Fusion
So, I asked my dealer to talk to the regional schedualing rep to make sure it wouldn't delay the build. I added something to the build. My build was scheduled a few weeks latter. I don't know if the fact that he involved the rep made a difference. At least sometimes you can change before it is scheduled and my priority code didn't change from the 2 it had been in for months Ford customer service confirmed it.

Can it hurt to ask?

Sponsored

2Lazy2P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 3.5 EB Platinum FX4 701A
Priority Code 02 orders can be revised as follows:

1. Change priority code to 10-19
2. Make option changes
3. Submit Order
4. Dealer needs to email Ford Zone Rep:
Ask to change order priority code back to priority 2
5. They will need order number, body code, customer name

This is from a Ford dealer.

802screw

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch Powerboost 157"
yes it's true. Priority codes of 9 or higher are set by corporate. I'm told. And cannot be change without canceling the order and starting over
that is not accurate

Priority Code 02 orders can be revised as follows:

1. Change priority code to 10-19
2. Make option changes
3. Submit Order
4. Dealer needs to email Ford Zone Rep:
Ask to change order priority code back to priority 2
5. They will need order number, body code, customer name

This is from a Ford dealer.
Someone's watching Tim's videos as well haha!

This is true, I have made a few changes while sitting priority 2, dealer followed the same process.

2Lazy2P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 3.5 EB Platinum FX4 701A
that is not accurate

Someone's watching Tim's videos as well haha!

This is true, I have made a few changes while sitting priority 2, dealer followed the same process.
LOL. Yes, the one and the same. Thanks for adding its provenance!

tirice1977

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Yukon, order 2022 F150
Occupation
Fleet Service
My sales guy said the same thing. Meanwhile, I got the VIN elsewhere two weeks ago and my special order truck is currently listed on the dealer website as "in transit"...
My Ford guy just told me mine is scheduled 10. I asked him what that means he told me honestly he wasn't sure.

tirice1977

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Fleet Service
I'm at 8 weeks and a schedule 10. They told me 8 to 12 weeks. When I asked my Ford guy what Schedule 10 means he replied he honestly didn't know. So I'm nervous my truck won't be here before my 12 weeks.

Sponsored

jflottawa

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Director, Software Development
I'm at 8 weeks and a schedule 10. They told me 8 to 12 weeks. When I asked my Ford guy what Schedule 10 means he replied he honestly didn't know. So I'm nervous my truck won't be here before my 12 weeks.
It's not "schedule 10" but Priority code 10. It means that within the dealer's orders you are currently the highest (lowest) priority, as it can be set by the dealer (dealers pick priority code 10 - 19, 10 is best that can be set).

However, if the dealer puts ALL orders to priority code 10, then you're equal to all other customer orders for that dealer.

As others have said on this thread, dealer allocations also have a huge impact. So even if you were the highest priority at your dealer, if they don't get any allocations for the week, you wouldn't get picked.

I've learned a lot throughout this process. I kindly and respectfully ask for details along the way.

I can't recommend this thread enough - see first post. It's very detailed and very accurate based on what my sales manager has shared with me.

tirice1977

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Fleet Service
It's not "schedule 10" but Priority code 10. It means that within the dealer's orders you are currently the highest (lowest) priority, as it can be set by the dealer (dealers pick priority code 10 - 19, 10 is best that can be set).

However, if the dealer puts ALL orders to priority code 10, then you're equal to all other customer orders for that dealer.

As others have said on this thread, dealer allocations also have a huge impact. So even if you were the highest priority at your dealer, if they don't get any allocations for the week, you wouldn't get picked.

I've learned a lot throughout this process. I kindly and respectfully ask for details along the way.

I can't recommend this thread enough - see first post. It's very detailed and very accurate based on what my sales manager has shared with me.
Thank you, for the information. I have been trying to communicate with the dealers asking these questions. They just say they are unsure or don't know who does the scheduling for them.

jflottawa

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Director, Software Development
Thank you, for the information. I have been trying to communicate with the dealers asking these questions. They just say they are unsure or don't know who does the scheduling for them.
It’s often not “their job” I suppose. They help customers select and buy a vehicle, , order if necessary then it’s probably a black box for many dealers. Luckily the sales manager I’m working with at my dealership has been doing this for 29yrs. He knows his way around!

DANJENS

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford e350, Ford Fusion
Yep I wished I had read these things before ordering. I would have found a different dealer. Not that my dealership is bad, but I would have found a dealership with higher volume and a salesman who knew about commodity restraints and the details of scheduling. I chose my dealer cause they had sold to me in the past and I had a good experience with then (actually one of their salesmen who is no longer with them.) As it is the salesmen with the dealership couldn't be bothered checking commodity restraints and certainly don't want to be pro active about changing orders to get them faster cause it is a "black box" to them. They haven't moved beyond moving what is on the lot and into retail ordering.

tirice1977

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Fleet Service
Yep I wished I had read these things before ordering. I would have found a different dealer. Not that my dealership is bad, but I would have found a dealership with higher volume and a salesman who knew about commodity restraints and the details of scheduling. I chose my dealer cause they had sold to me in the past and I had a good experience with then (actually one of their salesmen who is no longer with them.) As it is the salesmen with the dealership couldn't be bothered checking commodity restraints and certainly don't want to be pro active about changing orders to get them faster cause it is a "black box" to them. They haven't moved beyond moving what is on the lot and into retail ordering.
How do you find out a dealerships volume to know who to go through?
Sponsored