First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Bullitt Mustang, 2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
You probably need to buy the HELM Service Manual online (CD). I think it's about $180.
Sponsored

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
You probably need to buy the HELM Service Manual online (CD). I think it's about $180.
Thanks! As someone who primarily maintains my own vehicles that sounds like a worthwhile investment.

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Thank you all! That began to scare me a bit! Glad that it appears to be normal!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Glad that mystery was solved.

First thought was WTH who would make that dent? Someone lazy at the factory that didn't notice it? Maybe someone at the dealership was under the hood and caused it but didn't wanna say?

Finally was wondering if the neighbor's cat sat there to keep warm and caused it? You know those darn cats and other creatures don't mind sometimes finding places for a warm spot. ;)

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Glad that mystery was solved.

First thought was WTH who would make that dent? Someone lazy at the factory that didn't notice it? Maybe someone at the dealership was under the hood and caused it but didn't wanna say?

Finally was wondering if the neighbor's cat sat there to keep warm and caused it? You know those darn cats and other creatures don't mind sometimes finding places for a warm spot. ;)

It’s true. It looked like it could be a design characteristic, but I wasn’t sure. I could also see something in the engine possibly getting really hot and melting the tube at that point.

Last edited:

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
It’s true. It looked like it could be a design characteristic, but I wasn’t sure. I could also see something I. The engine possibly getting really hot and melting the tube at that point.
Yep, I would've been nervous/mad/wondering had I seen it too. Still waiting for my truck but by the time I get it I'll probably have forgotten this and start all over again wth? Then come here looking for answers.

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yep, I would've been nervous/mad/wondering had I seen it too. Still waiting for my truck but by the time I get it I'll probably have forgotten this and start all over again wth? Then come here looking for answers.
Hence why I got this thread going for all! Just search up air vent dent and refreshify your memory!

JDinNFLA

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Star White 3.5 EB
All 3.5’s have this dent. It’s because the PB,s have another coolant tank that sits right there. Check PB engine photos.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
All 3.5’s have this dent. It’s because the PB,s have another coolant tank that sits right there. Check PB engine photos.
Great to know. I’m glad it’s a PowerBoost design. The coolant tank on the EcoBoost engines seems pretty for away from that indent to need it.

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For anyone else concerned, here is further confirmation this indentation is normal.

The engine bay of a new F-150 with the 3.5L V6 EcoBoost engine. You can see it has it too.

Ford F-150 Dent In Air Intake Tube or Normal? 0BBE1899-11D1-4FFE-B996-63BCA57F2194

Last edited:
OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For those keeping track, here is a photo of the engine bay from a PowerBoost. You can see it has an extra coolant reservoir right about where that indentation in the intake tube is. Case closed!

Ford F-150 Dent In Air Intake Tube or Normal? 582EAE9A-4B49-4287-A627-B1A228DC6A72

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.5 liter EcoBoost V6 on the top picture, 3.5 liter PowerBoost Hybrid V6 on the bottom picture:

Ford F-150 Dent In Air Intake Tube or Normal? CCFB695E-C5C6-48E0-8689-B29C5E7CCC6F
Sponsored