Sponsored

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat, Bronco; Audi R8, S5, Q7; Cayenne
On the checklist, it has to confirm functionality of the active air damn. How do you test this?
Sponsored

spitteler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
I had interior rust on the inside on the hinge for both rear seats.

Foxtrot150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 302A PB SCrew 6.5
For those that have had issues, do you have them corrected before signing the paperwork or before leaving the dealership? (First new vehicle purchase here)

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
seen a couple posts where the little tension arms inside the cupholders for rear passengers are missing or pushed in or something. a couple people on the FB page have reported it. (not my pic)
Ford F-150 Delivery Inspection Check List 175648448_10165361305795038_5832287992806385103_n

Carphunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Stone Gray SCAB XLT 2.7 4x4
when i recover from the delivery experience... i'll have to post some ideas i had about possibly adding to/adjusting/or making notes on a good way to use the checklist.
I very much appreciated having the list in hand yesterday.

Sponsored

mj_in_ak

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150, 2012 Honda Insight
when i recover from the delivery experience... i'll have to post some ideas i had about possibly adding to/adjusting/or making notes on a good way to use the checklist.
I very much appreciated having the list in hand yesterday.
Were there issues, or was it just comforting to have the list to review?

Cbaka27

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
Occupation
Sales

TheOne

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT, 2015 Mustang Ecoboost convertible 50 Year Appereance Package
Occupation
Work
Thank you for sharing this in Google....I am sure the dealer is going to be pissed when I do a 2 hour PDI on my truck before I sign.
You're spending a hellva lot of money buying the truck let'em be pissed.

Carphunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Were there issues, or was it just comforting to have the list to review?
I spent 2 1/2 hours inspecting the truck. And so you all know... nothing i would have completely rejected the truck for... but some that i specified would have to be fixed by the dealership (side note... in the old days... exterior issues would have been on Ford to fix. Dealer told us that's the old days... now, once they sign for it off the truck... exterior issues are on them to fix).
Found what looked like paint chips (some turned out to be real on interior surfaces of the front doors (not seen from the outside...but still something to address to prevent corrosion). What i thout was an actual bunch of chips in the paint (and so did the salesman) turned out to be some improperly cleaned adhesive on the door). Found a paint defect on the edge of the hood, where it looks like the wet paint or clearcoat got touched.
Found dents. Some in the interior door frame, one on the exterior near the bottom of the truck cab rear. One dent/ripple in the rear driver wheel well.
Finally, found some scratches, but i think most of them were superficial.
I'll say... found nothing in the interior trim - cloth, plastics, headliner, etc. of the truck... it was only exterior. Even after that inspection, i found a pin dent up by the hood paint defect... never saw it even with the amount of inspection i did.

Currently, the dealership has said they will have a dentalogist repair the two dents i saw in the exterior. I'm going to talk to them about it as, after having time to think about it, i know that one of the dents will never be seen by others, and the other i'd be concerned if touching it might mess with paint adhesion or anything like that later.

The change/addition i'd make to the list is a type of map/picture of all the exterior surfaces of the truck, as well as pics with the doors open, so positions of defects can easily be noted so you can keep track of them when discussing them with the dealership.

oh... last thing... the one thing i didn't inspect well for... chips and cracks in the glass of the truck. i looked all around it, but realized after the fact, i never looked hard at the glass for defects.

I realized there was something i missed in the post. there are some door surfaces where it was apparent the doors were closed on something, and/or, were misaligned. the dealership is going to repair the paint... but i'm seriously considering this as i'm real leary of them touching brand new paint... one screw up mismatch.. and it's a bigger issue to me. Today.. they did a glue dent pull on the dents... and the dent guy nicked an adjacent plastic panel that's painted... so now that needs to be fixed too. note to self... when in doubt, and it's something noone else will spot... LEAVE IT ALONE!

Last edited:

Sponsored

DANNER

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat PowerBoost + FWC Project M
I'm wondering about verifying all the electronics. There are so many buttons and modes; how do verify that you're getting all you paid for let alone whether they're working?

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
After I got home with my Lariat, I discovered that two fasteners for a rear wheel well liner were missing. They were the plastic, push to fit "christmas tree" type. I got them installed when I took the truck in a week later to fix a scratch we found during the pre-delivery inspection. I probably wouldn't have noticed they were missing if not for the light shining through the holes in the bracket that the liner attaches to.
My truck was built on the last day before the July KC plant shutdown (7/11) so if that is the only issue, I'll be happy. So far, that's it with mine.?

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
I spent 2 1/2 hours inspecting the truck. And so you all know... nothing i would have completely rejected the truck for... but some that i specified would have to be fixed by the dealership (side note... in the old days... exterior issues would have been on Ford to fix. Dealer told us that's the old days... now, once they sign for it off the truck... exterior issues are on them to fix).
Found what looked like paint chips (some turned out to be real on interior surfaces of the front doors (not seen from the outside...but still something to address to prevent corrosion). What i thout was an actual bunch of chips in the paint (and so did the salesman) turned out to be some improperly cleaned adhesive on the door). Found a paint defect on the edge of the hood, where it looks like the wet paint or clearcoat got touched.
Found dents. Some in the interior door frame, one on the exterior near the bottom of the truck cab rear. One dent/ripple in the rear driver wheel well.
Finally, found some scratches, but i think most of them were superficial.
I'll say... found nothing in the interior trim - cloth, plastics, headliner, etc. of the truck... it was only exterior. Even after that inspection, i found a pin dent up by the hood paint defect... never saw it even with the amount of inspection i did.

Currently, the dealership has said they will have a dentalogist repair the two dents i saw in the exterior. I'm going to talk to them about it as, after having time to think about it, i know that one of the dents will never be seen by others, and the other i'd be concerned if touching it might mess with paint adhesion or anything like that later.

The change/addition i'd make to the list is a type of map/picture of all the exterior surfaces of the truck, as well as pics with the doors open, so positions of defects can easily be noted so you can keep track of them when discussing them with the dealership.

oh... last thing... the one thing i didn't inspect well for... chips and cracks in the glass of the truck. i looked all around it, but realized after the fact, i never looked hard at the glass for defects.

I realized there was something i missed in the post. there are some door surfaces where it was apparent the doors were closed on something, and/or, were misaligned. the dealership is going to repair the paint... but i'm seriously considering this as i'm real leary of them touching brand new paint... one screw up mismatch.. and it's a bigger issue to me. Today.. they did a glue dent pull on the dents... and the dent guy nicked an adjacent plastic panel that's painted... so now that needs to be fixed too. note to self... when in doubt, and it's something noone else will spot... LEAVE IT ALONE!
Did you actually bring a piece of paper with your inspection list or use your phone or something?

Carphunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did you actually bring a piece of paper with your inspection list or use your phone or something?
i printed out the list from this thread.
if you're gonna do it... sketch a diagram(s) of the truck for yourself to mark locations of things you can find so you remember exactly where they were.