Sponsored

"Deep Sleep"

capetownkg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150, Lariat, PowerBoost, SuperCrew, 6.5’
I just had my truck in the shop for a recall regarding the park lamp flickering and had mentioned to them that this last week I had gotten several deep sleep notifications. Had them check the battery and sure enough the main battery failed and they replaced it.
Sponsored

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
Both batteries are connected EXCEPT during a high current cranking event.

Ford's way of saying that the voltage you read on the 12V system is both batteries combined. But when the pcm commands the high amperage ICE starter event, it also opens the battery isolator for the vehicle and protects the electronics of the truck by isolating them to the small battery under the seat.
OK, that makes a lot of sense.

Sensitive electronics do not like fluctuating or dirty supply.

Its good to have an idea of the purpose.

Thanks.

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502a Sport appearance
Occupation
Owner/Driver
My dealership says the will be replaced, because of a charging issue. So, I'm picking it up tomorrow morning. I'll keep you guys posted.

The dealership called me and said that the battery is being replaced. It's what's causing the deep sleep problem. They said I can pick up this afternoon, but I said no, I'll pick it up tomorrow morning. I want it sit there overnight, just to make sure it's fixed. Because it was going in deep sleep after 15 hours of not being driven. Good luck and safe travels.
My truck went into deep sleep again. After just four days. I drove it to work every day.

OP
OP

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Knocking on wood, still out of town and waiting for truck to send me a sleep notification.

Ry55

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 King Ranch Powerboost SuperCrew 6.5'
My truck has been parked for two weeks, hooked up to a battery tender, and last night I got my first "deep sleep" notification. FordPass won't let me refresh anything without manually starting the truck.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Parked my truck at 5:07pm Tuesday. Left out of town Friday, expecting to hear something on FPass. Nothing for almost a week.
I may have to drive it today. But I am trying to let this thing go as long as possible and just drive my '15 for awhile.

mxwrk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
Just got back from a 300 mile trip yesterday, and got the notification today that my truck is in deep sleep mode......this is concerning

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Just got back from a 300 mile trip yesterday, and got the notification today that my truck is in deep sleep mode......this is concerning
Hey there. I can look into your F-150’s deep sleep message concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Hey there. I can look into your F-150’s deep sleep message concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
It's the same poor charging strategy everyone else deals with. Can we get this patched out already please, thanks.

mxwrk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
It's the same poor charging strategy everyone else deals with. Can we get this patched out already please, thanks.
Yeah I really hope they sort this out...would suck to have to get a new battery every 9-11 months.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
My truck has been parked for two weeks, hooked up to a battery tender, and last night I got my first "deep sleep" notification. FordPass won't let me refresh anything without manually starting the truck.
You probably shouldn't be concerned because deep sleep isn't initiated ONLY because of low voltage. It can be triggered also by "time".

I don't remember exactly what the time period is, but 2 weeks sounds familiar.

Ry55

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 King Ranch Powerboost SuperCrew 6.5'
You probably shouldn't be concerned because deep sleep isn't initiated ONLY because of low voltage. It can be triggered also by "time".

I don't remember exactly what the time period is, but 2 weeks sounds familiar.
Thanks! That's good to hear. Do you know if the deep sleep will prevent the truck from receiving OTA updates? That was the other reason I wanted to keep the battery full while it's stored, aside from being ready to roll once it's time to wake it up.

OP
OP

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
So for what its worth, I left my truck 2022 alone for exactly 2 weeks. Parked in the farthest stall of my garage away from everything. Never hit deep sleep again.
I have a question for people and subsequently a test for people....
How many of you experiencing the Deep Sleep have (dont recall exact terms but)
- OTA updates enabled?
- Auto Steprails on approach enabled?
- Zone Lighting on approach enabled?
- Power mirrors enabled?
- Door unlocks enabled?
Anything that makes your truck "seek" something, will always drain battery. All of these things will make the battery drain. I tell my clients who complain about cell phone or laptops draining all the time to turn off your WiFi... it is constantly sending out a broadcast, looking for something to connect to.
I am wondering if thats part of our culprit. If you look back at this thread, I showed a friend of mine how to enable\disable auto OTA updates. As soon as I enabled it I got a new 4.2.4 update. This is right around the time I got the deep sleep. Im wondering (and honestly cant recall) if I forgot to disable it again after showing him. Its disabled again now and since I hadnt walked past my truck in two weeks and made the rails go in and out or lights turn on... I wonder if thats why my battery is fine?
The test....
If all or any of these are enabled, how many times do you walk past the truck even if youre not getting in and the doors unlock or rails drop down or lights turn on...? I would purposely make all those things happen and see if you get the alert... also... disable all those things for a bit and see if it goes away?

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
My 2023 5.0L just sent me a deep sleep mode notification after driving around all day. The battery should be totally topped off I am very confused
Ford F-150 "Deep Sleep" IMG_4324

OP
OP

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
My 2023 5.0L just sent me a deep sleep mode notification after driving around all day. The battery should be totally topped off I am very confused
Ford F-150 "Deep Sleep" Output file1
Sponsored