First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Anyone notice any Battery issues after receiving the latest OTA. My truck is in Deep Sleep Mode and I'm not sure why. I wonder if the update ford pushed has issues.
Sponsored

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
The truck usually enters deep sleep after about 2 weeks of inactivity, but it will enter sooner if you have a weak battery. When was the last time your truck was driven? I got the update 2 days ago and have not had this happen yet. I would imagine if the update triggered a module to stay active by mistake, then it would deplete the battery causing deep sleep. I would check your battery voltage just to be sure. Good luck.

OP
OP
Fordphanatic

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
The truck usually enters deep sleep after about 2 weeks of inactivity, but it will enter sooner if you have a weak battery. When was the last time your truck was driven? I got the update 2 days ago and have not had this happen yet. I would imagine if the update triggered a module to stay active by mistake, then it would deplete the battery causing deep sleep. I would check your battery voltage just to be sure. Good luck.
My Battery is an interstate that I replaced the original with about a year ago. I'm going to put it on the charger after work. I don't drive the truck every day maybe 3-4 times a week. It's something I have to keep an eye on.

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
My Battery is an interstate that I replaced the original with about a year ago. I'm going to put it on the charger after work. I don't drive the truck every day maybe 3-4 times a week. It's something I have to keep an eye on.
I am on my original battery still. My truck gets driven maybe once a week, but doesn't enter deep sleep. I do put it on a maintainer when I think of it. What size battery did you use? My battery will be 2 yrs old in July and I am thinking of replacing it then just as matter of precaution.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Mine sat for a week while on vacation, started doing that. Did BMS reset, fixed. The drivers window started the bounce back, reset...and just added a new battery. Truck is 1 year old in Oct with 14k

Sponsored

TeamCanada

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
last Monday, my FordPass said my truck was in deep sleep mode. I went out to manually start it, and the screen came up saying that the 3.5.3 OTA update failed. I figured my normal 30 minute drive would clear it out, NOPE. It went for 2 days until I reset the BMS and it has been fine since.

JDaleo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch
last Monday, my FordPass said my truck was in deep sleep mode. I went out to manually start it, and the screen came up saying that the 3.5.3 OTA update failed. I figured my normal 30 minute drive would clear it out, NOPE. It went for 2 days until I reset the BMS and it has been fine since.
Might be a stupid question because i'm still new here (truck is only 3 weeks old), but how do you reset your BMS yourself? My battery gets to ~12.1-12v and the truck enters Deep Sleep if I don't drive it for about 2 days.

Wookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum Powerboost
The 4.2.1 update put my two week old Powerboost into deep sleep mode. I came out of a concert to find both an update successful message as well as a message about my truck being in deep sleep. Good times. Taking it in later this week. @TeamCanada just to make sure I'm reading that right it is flick the high beams 5 times and then press gas pedal three after (or at the same time).

Just tried it, battery indicator flashed which seems to indicate it did reset the BMS. Still no dice on getting ford pass to update. Maybe it will take a bit not sure, still taking it in to get looked at.

Last edited:

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I've got an LFP battery in the truck right now watching its current consumption. It's got a constant parasitic draw of 10 watts with nothing else going on. That's to keep the modem powered up and the BCM on standby. Will post more info as it's obtained. Right now it's looking like it's possible to replace the little aux batt w/ a 100ah LFP batt that'd not only more than double the truck's reserve capacity, it charges at ~80 amps until it's ~80% full. The AGMs won't even take 20 amps unless they're down around 50% SOC.

Not sure what trims have which batt config, the powerboost has the largest AGM under hood (97ah) and a little 7ah aux batt under the rear seat. AGMs don't have full usable capacity so with a conservative config in the LFP's BMS, there's 80ah of usable energy added into the mix just by swapping it in. The 2 stock batts have about 60ah of usable energy (combined) before they're worthless, thus adding an additional 80ah is huge. Plus super fast charging.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mrblonde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502 PB
My truck has been on a tender but at the 2 week mark after not driving got the deep sleep message on FP.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
My truck has been on a tender but at the 2 week mark after not driving got the deep sleep message on FP.
Did you check the batt voltage?

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
you can also check voltage on the engineering pages in the truck.

mcgski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat