Sponsored

Deep Sleep Mode [updated with Detroit Free Press article about 12v battery drain issue]

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
Looks like someone is trolling this forum for a solution.
ford engineers?
reporters?
ford technicians?

I may laugh out loud if the ultimate solution is currybob’s NORCO battery booster.

(no disrespect for those having issues—will not be laughing AT you,)
I hope it’s the engineers, reporters or anyone else that can call attention to the issue. Just means the forum is working. (y)
Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran

Kino

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 GC-Trailhawk V8, '21 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Beatnik
Hopefully, Ford is taking care of this update (if that is all that is causing the problem) with vehicles that have not been shipped yet. I am a bit worried - but have my NOCO!

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Hopefully, Ford is taking care of this update (if that is all that is causing the problem) with vehicles that have not been shipped yet. I am a bit worried - but have my NOCO!
(y) (y) (y)you are a wise man!

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov

Sponsored

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra
As a development engineer responsible for verifying the correct operation of computer hardware I can offer my opinion of how disappointed I am with automakers not being able to catch functional bugs. I really believe that Ford and other car makers need to step up their investment in testing to avoid embarrassing moments like this.

Don't give them a pass on this if you think a modern car is so complicated. Don't forget about the billions of transistors and lines of code that all need to function correctly so your credit card works properly at the gas pump. We all plunked down between $40K to $70K so we shouldn't be accepting of a code bug that kills our batteries.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I used my NOCO Sunday
morning when I found my battery dead for the second time. I had to do the override boost setting because my battery was so low. It started my truck no problem.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I used my NOCO Sunday
morning when I found my battery dead for the second time. I had to do the override boost setting because my battery was so low. It started my truck no problem.
Told you those things work like charm. Lol (y)

Still blows my mind something so small does what it does.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Told you those things work like charm. Lol (y)

Still blows my mind something so small does what it does.
Absolutely. Such cool little devices. And no need to call RA!

Tobyismydog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Supercrew 3.5L
Can confirm. Parked my new 2021 F150 3.5L Crew in garage Jan 31. Feb 11 dead. Will not take jump or charge. Towed to dealership. Have not heard a word from them. Built at Dearborn 12/14/20.

Sponsored

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Can confirm. Parked my new 2021 F150 3.5L Crew in garage Jan 31. Feb 11 dead. Will not take jump or charge. Towed to dealership. Have not heard a word from them. Built at Dearborn 12/14/20.
That really sucks. Could not be jumped as well? That battery must be extremely low. Hope you get resolution soon.

Stay tuned to the thread.

F150 4X4

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I have a noco GB40 for my wife's car but want to get one for the truck, should I get the GB70 or the GB150 that read's the voltage ?

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Here’s my update to my battery issue:

I took my truck to the dealer at 7 am today and explained the issues that I’m having and also mentioned this forum and similar battery issues that others are having, the FREEP article regarding this issue and Ford’s acknowledgement of the issue. The SA really didn’t say much about it.

At 3 pm I get a call that my truck was done. I asked what they found and what they did. I was told they performed some kind of battery test. From this test they determined that the battery had a failed cell. They replaced the battery.

Additionally, the took care of the cluster and heated mirror/integrated trailer relay module software FSAs.

Time will tell if this solves my battery drain issues. I’m honestly not buying the battery story. Others here have had their batteries replaced only to have the same “phantom drain” issues later.

The jury is still out where I’m concerned.
Sponsored