Decision Help!

jtyler54

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023, F150 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
Need some wise guidance, especially for those PB owners.
Sitting on a 23 Lariat, 3.5 ecoboost (Max Tow, 4x4 package) with 8K miles, purchased 8 months ago. Love the truck, smile every-time I pull out of the driveway. However, I've always had a little buyers remorse with not getting a powerboost and also adding Co-Pilot 360 assist 2.0, basically for the adaptive cruise control.

So here's the pickle, with the current 1.9% interest rate deals on 23s, I can get damn close to just trading this one in, for a PB with Co-pilot assist 2.0. Has all other features my current truck, except this PB is only a trailer tow pkg not the max, but if based on what i'm reading, not a big difference on the PB.

So...should I do it?? Payment will only go up by about $40, but of course i'll take a pretty big equity hit by trading in a truck i've only had for 9 months.

Here are the numbers:
Getting 56K for the trade in
Pay off is 42K (current rate 5.9%)
OTD cost of the new PB is $52,666. (That includes me putting down $2,500) (also includes working in the trade in and pay off)

So the question, am I and idiot? Lose the equity, plus another 2.5K down, just to upgrade to a powerboost with the co-pilot 360 2.0?
Sponsored

Henfield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 5.0,4x4,302Asport,
Your current vehicle doesn't have adaptive cruise????!!!!! I am surprised.

Is $2,500 and taxes and registry of MV fees and any dealer profit BS worth it to get those two features? Would you really use the PB enough to justify the expense?

OP
OP

jtyler54

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Right! That's the million dollar question I'm wrestling with. Yep current one doesn't have adaptive, crazy oversight on my part when purchasing.

As for the PB, I feel like what I would use most is the pro-onboard power. Even in the last 9 months, i've had at least 3 occasions where power in the truck would have been nice...most tailgating/camping type activities.

Ryan.B

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 XLT PowerBoost BAP
If we tell you NO DON’T DO IT. it won’t let you sleep peacefully at night. Lol. Life is short, I’d say go for it and make yourself happy. (As long as you know you can afford the $40 increase in payment)

Sponsored

22F150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 KR Powerboost
Sitting on a 23 Lariat, 3.5 ecoboost (Max Tow, 4x4 package) with 8K miles, purchased 8 months ago. Love the truck, smile every-time I pull out of the driveway. However, I've always had a little buyers remorse with not getting a powerboost and also adding Co-Pilot 360 assist 2.0, basically for the adaptive cruise control.

So here's the pickle, with the current 1.9% interest rate deals on 23s, I can get damn close to just trading this one in, for a PB with Co-pilot assist 2.0. Has all other features my current truck, except this PB is only a trailer tow pkg not the max, but if based on what i'm reading, not a big difference on the PB.

So...should I do it?? Payment will only go up by about $40, but of course i'll take a pretty big equity hit by trading in a truck i've only had for 9 months.

Here are the numbers:
OTD cost of the new PB is $52,666. (That includes me putting down $2,500) (also includes working in the trade in and pay off)

So the question, am I and idiot? Lose the equity, plus another 2.5K down, just to upgrade to a powerboost with the co-pilot 360 2.0?
As a PB with Blue Cruise owner, I'd say keep what you have. There's a reason Ford is giving away the PB for free now.

Popplemer

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'87 F250 460 5 Speed, 2023 302A PB 157"

Here are the numbers:

As someone who traded a 21 2.7L to a 23 PB I say that if you can live with the math, do it. I lost about 1500 bucks switching but I don't regret it. I use the adaptive cruise and the 360 cams less than I thought I would but I still enjoy the features and I'm glad they're on the truck. As far as max trailer goes there's so much mystery as to the extent of the features that make up Max Trailer tow that I can't attest to whether or not it's worth it on a PB (mine has it). Make sure your PB has the 7.2kW propower though. The MPG difference isn't THAT substantial but the generator is awesome for camping. Best of luck.

OP
OP

jtyler54

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
As a PB with Blue Cruise owner, I'd say keep what you have. There's a reason Ford is giving away the PB for free now.
Are you not happy with your PB? What issues do you have?

jhelrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 CC Platinum FX4 5.0 4X4 3.73 LB
Similar, but different situation I am in.

OP
OP

jtyler54

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Similar, but different situation I am in.
tough call right? The other thought is just to wait a few months and get a 2024 and hope there are some deals to be had.

Sponsored

TheDIG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F150 Lariat
Funny..I'm doing the opposite. Trading my 23 XLT PB in on a 24 Lariat 5.0. I would only do it if you had the NEED for the generator feature. I'm sour on the PB because mine had some issues. I thought I'd get better mileage with the PB, but that hasn't happened, mostly because my commutes are waaaay too short to get any real benefit. YMMV.

Dexter2905

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 XLT, 2023 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Retired

Here are the numbers:

Co-pilot assist 2.0 becomes a subscription or purchase after the initial 3 yrs.

Iconic22F150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat FX4 Iconic Silver
Occupation
Physical Security Supervisor
If it meets your needs then do it. There’s a couple things I regret about not adding to my truck but not enough for the trade. Plus how much money are you going to save on the much lower interest rate in the long run ($5K?).

Tiny Elvis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Don't know why someone shat all over the PB, I simply love mine. I recently overcame a long headache getting Blue Cruise to work, and now that it does I'm completely sold. Plus, the upcoming BC 1.4 version is supposed to iron out the little kinks that folks have been noting in the forums.

Bottom line is how long will you be keeping the truck? If only a few years, I'd say wait. If keeping 5+ years, then dive in now. They ain't getting any cheaper!
Sponsored